• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
Beautifully explained. My 2011 is now registered as a new car under my name. I verified with Nissan that it has never been titled and that I have a full 3 year warranty from the day I bought it. In Georgia, the $5k tax credit paperwork is sent directly from the dealer to the dept of natural resources to certify that the vehicle complies with the 2001 GA law.With that certified document, I will be able to claim the GA tax credit. One nice surprise is that the Leaf is exempt of any HOT lane charges and in addition I will be able to use the HOV lane when travelling solo. In all, a very sweet deal.

I drove to work on Monday and started asking about electric vehicle chargers. What a great surprise that my employer had already signed the contract to install 2 double blink units. and until they are installed I'm allowed to plug in into a 110v outlet. I get 100% charge while at work. Goddbye ECO mode and any anxiety of ever having to be towed back home!!!

ERICHNER said:   Don't understand "You'll save another 1% in sales tax" - Any car purchased after January 1st 2012 has the option to opt in the never ad-valorem scam by one time conversion to 6.5% tax. In my case I paid 6% so for 0.5% of 27,000 or about 135 - I will never pay yearly birthday ad-valorem. This will be due on my birthday in 2013. I believe most counties in GA have 7% sales tax and I especially thought the ones around Atlanta would. Which are you in? The new tax on vehicles after Feb will be 6% for the first year so I assumed you'd save 1%.

ERICHNER said: Can you send a link to the discussion about the hard to get by federal income tax credit? What's so hard about it if I have paid much more than the credit? I'll try to look for it later but it was all over both main forums. Basically the IRS was rejecting the properly filed documentation and sent scare letters demanding the amount plus interest and penalties. They ended up sending copies of the title and registration in addition to sales form to resolve it but many were apparently still unresolved a month ago when I was reading about it.

Gwinnett has a 6% sales tax.
Thanks for the info on the federal tax credit. Will make sure to document my use of it.

So far both my wife and I love BluSky our Nissan Leaf. It definitely fits our needs, but we are keeping our paid off cars for longer trips. There is a complete lack of infrastructure out there. Only TESLA is doing it right with the cross country SuperCharger infrastructure they are building in the next 3 years.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014