• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Im in the market for a decent laptop for regular home use.

Fry's.com Link In-store only for $280

i3-380
4GB DDR3 (8GB max)
Wi-Di
back-lit keyboard
Sound: Dolby Advanced Audio with Altec Lansing speakers

HP is running a refund on WIN8 promotion. Link

Member Summary

HP dv5-2231nr
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Specifications:
Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-380M Processor, 2.53GHz, 3MB L3 Cache
Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics with up to 1696MB total graphics memory
Memory: 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM), Max supported = 8GB
Storage Drive: 320GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA) with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
Optical Disk Drive: LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
Display: 14.5" diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768)
Sound: Dolby Advanced Audio with Altec Lansing speakers
Webcam: HP TrueVision Webcam with integrated digital microphone
Communications: Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector), Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN with WiDi
Expandability: 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
Ports: 3 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 3rd port shared with eSATA, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA (15-pin), 1 RJ -45 (LAN), 1 Headphone-out, 1 Microphone-in
Battery: 6-Cell 55WHr Lithium-Ion Battery, up to 5.75 hour battery life
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Frys.com NEVER has anything available in store when they have these ridiculously good deals like this.

MrMadrigal said:   Frys.com NEVER has anything available in store when they have these ridiculously good deals like this.
True that.

Gen1 i3 processor - don't see many of these being sold as new these days

WalMart had an Acer Aspire, same CPU, same specs actually all around, minus Win8 upgrade... which is how I found it, I don't like Win8. Anyways I made a post about it, was $290 in WalMart B&M, I put one on layaway. They are gone in my local Wallyworld, but the price ended up going down to $248.88 for me when I checked my layaway last night, so I was pretty happy. If you want Win7 instead of Win8, and like the specs on this laptop, you can find Acer and Asus ones in Walmarts for $250-290 on clearance.

1st gen i3.. you can get a sandybridge for just about the same price at frys. the changes in sandybridge are well worth the pennies

khmer6 said:   1st gen i3.. you can get a sandybridge for just about the same price at frys. the changes in sandybridge are well worth the pennies
Care to post a few links?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014