The Economist- 12 weeks for $1

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The Economist- 12 weeks for $1

You may cancel at any time by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-456-6086

https://www.economistsubscriptions.com/sem12for1/us/?off2on_logi...

Fine print:
With this special offer, you will pay just $1 for the first 12 weekly issues and then $29 for every 3 months thereafter.
Washington DC residents are subject to a local sales tax. Please allow two weeks for your first delivery. New subscribers only.

Your subscription will automatically continue for as long as you choose to remain a subscriber. The subscription fee will be billed at the beginning of your subscription and at each 3-month interval thereafter. You may cancel at any time by contacting Customer Service at 1-800-456-6086. If you are ever dissatisfied with your subscription, you may cancel at any time and receive a full refund for all un-served issues.

Ion Control op

Member Summary

economist
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks, just ordered and set a calender reminder 12 weeks out.

Would using a virtual mastercard number work for this. That way, they cannot automatically charge you $30 after 3 months?

i'm happy with my $12 for 12 issues deal. 3 months is roughly 13 issues for $29, no deal for me.

saagar said:   Would using a virtual mastercard number work for this. That way, they cannot automatically charge you $30 after 3 months?

Where do you guys get virtual cc's these days? I used to use paypal for this but they no longer have them. Thanks.

Matrim33 said:   saagar said:   Would using a virtual mastercard number work for this. That way, they cannot automatically charge you $30 after 3 months?

Where do you guys get virtual cc's these days? I used to use paypal for this but they no longer have them. Thanks.

Citi Credit cards

SteelRing said:   i'm happy with my $12 for 12 issues deal. 3 months is roughly 13 issues for $29, no deal for me.

Why is $12 for 12 issues better than this $1 for 12 issues?

duhmel said:   Matrim33 said:   saagar said:   Would using a virtual mastercard number work for this. That way, they cannot automatically charge you $30 after 3 months?

Citi Cards

The link didn't work. I went to Citi's credit card page and didn't see anything about virtual cards. I may need some spelling out here.

Bank of America's online banking customers can still generate virtual (ShopSafe) credit cards. Other banks may offer this too.

Matrim33 said:   

The link didn't work. I went to Citi's credit card page and didn't see anything about virtual cards. I may need some spelling out here.

Citi Credit cards

duhmel said:   SteelRing said:   i'm happy with my $12 for 12 issues deal. 3 months is roughly 13 issues for $29, no deal for me.

Why is $12 for 12 issues better than this $1 for 12 issues?
because it's forever and ever instead of one time deal. i guess if you're just looking for one time 12 issues without renewal... but, really?

Anyone else having problems submitting? I get a brief "verifying address" popup, then nothing happens. Same thing no matter what browser or computer I try.

aerotive said:   Anyone else having problems submitting? I get a brief "verifying address" popup, then nothing happens. Same thing no matter what browser or computer I try.

Same here.

It's a trap.

Anyone try getting this magazine at MagsForMiles? You can get 51 issues for 1,700 AA or UAL or Delta or USAir miles. If you have some miles just waiting to expire, it is an awfully good deal.

FYI: The charge for this just went through my card and the sales tax for D.C. residents is $0.06.

Wonder if you can order 4 subscriptions for $1 and combine them...

abhishake said:   aerotive said:   Anyone else having problems submitting? I get a brief "verifying address" popup, then nothing happens. Same thing no matter what browser or computer I try.

Same here.

Same problem.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.