• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Costco has Dell U2713HM UltraSharp 27" LED Monitor 2560 x 1440 QHD for $650 with free shipping.

Looks like a good deal to me.

LINK

Member Summary

Dell U2713HM (94.49kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Green.

FYI, it's 16:9, not 16:10.

Green for you OP!

Take $25 off too if you are one of targeted American Express customer shopping on Costco.com discussed here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topic_view.php?catid=18&threadid...

Awesome. Grren indeed. Just reported to Amazon, hopefully they will PM so tax can be skipped.

Looks like a very good deal. Does anyone see how this is different than the Dell U2711? Specs seem the same, I've seen the U2711 around longer, but it's a little more expensive.

Also, consider the Auria if you have a Micro Center near you. There's a thread here about it, $400, also 2560x1440 LED. Unlike these Dells (and most I've seen), the Auria does not have a matte antiglare finish.

I'll put a plug in for the Korean series of QHD monitors like the Auria. I bought this one to get all the input connections -- the DVI-only version is even cheaper. No doubt you take a big hit on warranty support, but I absolutely fricking love this thing. I'm doing some work for a textbook publisher and am working with a couple spreadsheets, couple Word docs and a PDF at the same time. The real estate and pixel density are awesome. Mine came defect free in two days to my office and is working great.

Your choice whether the price difference is worth the warranty/support difference. No matter which way you go you will love the upgrade from your current monitor. Just my 2 cents.

SlimTim said:   Looks like a very good deal. Does anyone see how this is different than the Dell U2711? Specs seem the same, I've seen the U2711 around longer, but it's a little more expensive.

Also, consider the Auria if you have a Micro Center near you. There's a thread here about it, $400, also 2560x1440 LED. Unlike these Dells (and most I've seen), the Auria does not have a matte antiglare finish.

The U2711 can display "simulated" 10-bit of color instead of 8-bit on this U2713.

If you are doing photo work and require more accrue color, go with the U2711.

af21187 said:   Awesome. Grren indeed. Just reported to Amazon, hopefully they will PM so tax can be skipped.

Just curious - who do you email at Amazon for Price Matching?
Would it include coupons as well?

who do you email at Amazon for Price Matching?

Amzon stopped doing price-matching for orders. They sometimes lower price to match competitors. However, Costco is not considered as one.

comprx said:   I'll put a plug in for the Korean series of QHD monitors like the Auria. I bought this one ...

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into those. Wonder if there are any threads about them out there..

glenatuf said:   comprx said:   I'll put a plug in for the Korean series of QHD monitors like the Auria. I bought this one ...

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into those. Wonder if there are any threads about them out there..

THere are a few. I believe on HardOC and a couple others they are out there.

I read them recently and the takeaway was that they're really good value if you can accept:

1. More than zero but less than 10 dead pixels
2. Bit of backlight bleeding
3. No warranty
4. Limited connectivity options (e.g., no DP, USB, card reader, etc)

I saw a thread where someone put a level on top of their monitor and it was way off but attributed it to the stand rather than the panel. So it's like you get a Cadillac LCD high-res panel but everything else is sorta cheap. Possibly the panels that failed HP/Dell/Apple QC but are still good.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014