• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Due to a breach of security at the SC Dept of revenue... You now can and should apply for identity theft protection for free.
www.protectmyid.com and use code SCDOR123 for a year of protection.

Will not work for other states... How could they... Making sure you address is a SC one.... Not that I would try to see...

Member Summary

ID (162.35kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Lifetime theft resolution for affected!:
Lifetime Protection Article

Report from SCTAX.com:
SC Tax Report

Based on Governor Haley, it's supposed to be lifetime protection, not just one year. I'll try to find verification. Also, this is only for those affected by the attacks. If you're not, then you will see a charge during checkout. If there is no charge, then you were one of the individuals affected.

*I have provided links showing that the coverage is indeed lifetime. I also included the original report issued by SC from their SCTAX website.

1 year of credit monitoring
Lifetime ID theft resolution help

storm1n said:   1 year of credit monitoring
Lifetime ID theft resolution help

Thanks for clarifying

This is open to anyone who filed an SC tax return since 1998. If you do not currently live in SC, you will need to call the company rather than fill out the info online. Everyone gets 1 year protection. If you were hacked (and it'll be months til we know whose info was actually stolen) you may get extended protection. State will contact those individuals who were personally hacked. This does not protect your bank accounts if you pay online. All the state knows currently is that someone overseas had access to all the info, don't know what info was taken.

I've tried signing up for this since last week, and it says the code is invalid?? Any run-ins with this for you?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014