• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Office Depot has the 64GB Playbook for $149.99 in store. Not available in many places, but you may be lucky.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/727467/BlackBerry-PlayBook...

Office Depot
See Office Depot discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Blackberry Playbook 64GB
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Can I have some of what you're on?

RIM IS dead. They've lost their core market. They're not getting it back. Between t... (more)

slickdeal45 (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 10:03a) |

Chrysler Corporation, Harley-Davidson, even Jobst's Cinderalla company Apple that struggled early on with its computer o... (more)

Zoltani (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 10:57a) |

I'm not on RIM for emotional reason. My main boss has dumped his newest Blackberry for an iPhone two months ago - I don'... (more)

77Rus (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 12:00p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

64 GB is enough for me. I like this deal which is useful to me, thanks OP!

I just saw this one too. I check online and our local store shows they have 2. I called right away, but said OS. But this is pretty hot, with a good review. Some people has different taste on tablet.

I just finished reading the specs / details and l Iike it.

coolbroki said:   I just saw this one too. I check online and our local store shows they have 2. I called right away, but said OS. But this is pretty hot, with a good review. Some people has different taste on tablet.

Please turn in your phone and revoke your membership immediately!

NEVER CALL -- now two OD employees have your BB Playbooks.

coolbroki said:    I called right away, but said OS.

Yup. They are known to magically go OS at this price, but I would not believe their word right away. So please don't call. Just show up.

jumped on the last one but have to get it 2 hours away, luckily my parents live in that town. sucks all of OD coupons excludes technology

i guess no more ipad mini for me

should i order this on backorder?

Thanks OP! Go the last one in my area. Any helpful tips/links on making the most of this tablet?

Any one knows what RIM is planning for Playbook after BBOS10 is realesed?

The playbook will be getting the new BB10 OS a few weeks after the release of the new BB10 phones. Which if you sew it looks awesome.

TiredOfTaxes said:   Any one knows what RIM is planning for Playbook after BBOS10 is realesed?

I think the question is will BB10 ever get released?

RIM is pretty much one foot in the grave already...

moejarv said:   TiredOfTaxes said:   Any one knows what RIM is planning for Playbook after BBOS10 is realesed?

I think the question is will BB10 ever get released?

RIM is pretty much one foot in the grave already...

The OS has already received FIPS 140-2 security certification (therefore it is approved for use for classified government information) and has been sent off for carrier testing (two things that would not happen for an OS that will never get released). They have already announced that they will be launching BB10 on January 30th along two new BB10 phones that will be available for purchase in dozens countries less than 30 days after the launch date. Maybe you should look around at the videos of the new OS. It is way better than anything Apple can offer.

Got mine at the Macon GA store.

Does anybody here have any hands-on with installing/using Android on the Playbook? $149 for 64GB of on-board storage is tempting

I think it comes back to the question in the new smart device era. Is there an app for it?

I own a few playbooks from developer event. It was looking promising that they opened the door of sideloading Android apps, but soon they took it away at the playbook 2.0 official.

Just checked the app store again two days ago, looks very much like the last time I check it (half a year ago), and the only worthy PDF reader is still a packaged Android app. Flashlight is still on the list of the top free apps.

It's true that it has great OS, good hardware and wonderful messaging system (heck, the best video chat client I have used!), but I just don't see myself using it as a main device or suggesting my cooperation going in with BB.

And with the round after round pink slip party at RIM, it truly makes you wonder how long could they still be around?

FairlightRacing said:   ... It is way better than anything Apple can offer.

LOL, heard many times in past few years. Ever seen a 64GB iPad selling for $150?? and their launch timing is perfect too, launching a product after holiday season is over because nobody would buy RIM crap during holidays.

jucus said:   FairlightRacing said:   ... It is way better than anything Apple can offer.

LOL, heard many times in past few years. Ever seen a 64GB iPad selling for $150?? and their launch timing is perfect too, launching a product after holiday season is over because nobody would buy RIM crap during holidays.

Laugh if you want, but the current OS on the Playbook is as good as anything Apple has ever offer, WebOS was also better than what Apple was putting out two years ago, selling more units has nothing to do with which has the better OS, if that were the case there would be millions of computers running BeOS right now.

Sweet! Nabbed one in LA. Two left in store.

i do agree about webos.. yet my hptp really became what a tablet is sposed to be when fully functional ICS was finished for it

android support for this Blackberry Playbook is really thin @ xda..

bottom line == w/o android port, dead tablet walking..

But this would support the new OS no?

RIM will no longer exist after 2nd Quarter of 2013.

Many Government agencies (that keep RIM alive) , have renewed contracts will other companies, dumping RIM.

Those of you with RIM products should at least start looking for new devices now.

RHSux3 said:   RIM will no longer exist after 2nd Quarter of 2013.

Many Government agencies (that keep RIM alive) , have renewed contracts will other companies, dumping RIM.

Those of you with RIM products should at least start looking for new devices now.

Thanks for the info. I use my Playbook every day and like it very much. I am looking forward to the new BB10 coming in February.

moejarv said:   I think it comes back to the question in the new smart device era. Is there an app for it?

I own a few playbooks from developer event. It was looking promising that they opened the door of sideloading Android apps, but soon they took it away at the playbook 2.0 official.

Just checked the app store again two days ago, looks very much like the last time I check it (half a year ago), and the only worthy PDF reader is still a packaged Android app. Flashlight is still on the list of the top free apps.

It's true that it has great OS, good hardware and wonderful messaging system (heck, the best video chat client I have used!), but I just don't see myself using it as a main device or suggesting my cooperation going in with BB.

And with the round after round pink slip party at RIM, it truly makes you wonder how long could they still be around?

with over $2B in cash, zero debt, and growing subscriber base, RIM will be here longer than you or I.

the Playbook is a great tablet, with tons of useful apps. i have stopped using my ipad since getting the Playbook and use it as my main device.

spdracer5g said:   jucus said:   FairlightRacing said:   ... It is way better than anything Apple can offer.

Laugh if you want, but the current OS on the Playbook is as good as anything Apple has ever offer, WebOS was also better than what Apple was putting out two years ago, selling more units has nothing to do with which has the better OS, if that were the case there would be millions of computers running BeOS right now.
I can't tell which of you guys is advocating for which platform

mictester said:   coolbroki said:    I called right away, but said OS.

Yup. They are known to magically go OS at this price, but I would not believe their word right away. So please don't call. Just show up.
Is the inventory check accurate? IOW, should we show up even if the website says it's OoS at our location?

its pretty accurate. i did an instore order via the phone people, then went back to the page a little bit later, it went from 1 to OOS and i picked mine up shortly after

They're out of stock in my area. Here are the results from the inventory checker if you're looking for one:

3060 ROSS CLARK CIRCLE
COLONY SQUARE SHOPPING CENTER
DOTHAN, AL 36301
Store# 274
2 In Stock

704 BOLL WEEVIL CIRCLE
BOLL WEEVIL CIRCLE & RUCKER BLVD.
ENTERPRISE, AL 36330
Store# 2559
1 In Stock

402 WEST 23RD STREET
23 ST. & STATE AVE.
PANAMA CITY, FL 32405
Store# 248
2 In Stock

34940 EMERALD COAST PARKWAY
EMERALD COAST PKWY & HUTCHINSON ST
DESTIN, FL 32541
Store# 2328
In Stock

2406 WESTGATE DRIVE
DAWSON RD. & WESTGATE
ALBANY, GA 31707
Store# 417
1 In Stock

14894 US HIGHWAY 19
ACROSS FROM GATEWAY SHOPPING CENTER
THOMASVILLE, GA 31792
Store# 2138
1 In Stock

3129 VETERANS PKWY
VETERANS PKWY & WABASH AVE
SPRINGFIELD, IL 62704
Store# 323
1 In Stock

100 SOUTH CREASY LANE, #1550
CORNER OF CREASY LN. & SR 26
LAFAYETTE, IN 47905
Store# 2591
3 In Stock

460 MAIN ST
ZACHARY PLACE
ZACHARY, LA 70791
Store# 2648
1 In Stock

7979 FLORIDA BLVD
AT WOODDALE BLVD.
EAST BATON ROUGE, LA 70806
Store# 68
1 In Stock

1630 REISTERTOWN ROAD
REISTERSTOWN & NAYLORS
PIKESVILLE, MD 21208
Store# 246
1 In Stock

350 JOHN R. JUNKIN DRIVE
HWY. 84, 1.3 MILES OFF HWY. 61
NATCHEZ, MS 39120
Store# 2730
1 In Stock

4950 I-55 NORTH
N FRONTAGE RD & JACKSONIAN PLAZA RD
JACKSON, MS 39211
Store# 89
1 In Stock

1858 CATAWBA VALLEY BLVD
CATAWBA VALLEY BLVD & ROBINSON RD
HICKORY, NC 28602
Store# 3250
1 In Stock

3174 ROUTE 9 SOUTH
N OF RTE. 47 (DELSEA DR.) ON RTE. 9
Rio GRANDE, NJ 8242
Store# 2537
1 In Stock

350 EUBANK BLVD. N.E. SUITE B
TOWNE PARK PLAZA
ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87123
Store# 905
2 In Stock

50 NW SHERIDAN ROAD
SHERIDAN SQUARE
LAWTON, OK 73505
Store# 582
1 In Stock

2455 STEWART PARKWAY
STEWART PKWY. & RENANN ST.
ROSEBURG, OR 97471
Store# 2584
1 In Stock

1331 W OMAHA ST
THE PLAZA
RAPID CITY, SD 57701
Store# 2003
1 In Stock

2098 THUNDERING HERD DRIVE
MERRITT CREEK FARM SHOPPING CENTER
BARBOURSVILLE, WV 25504
Store# 2317
1 In Stock

healthylaugh said:   coolbroki said:   I just saw this one too. I check online and our local store shows they have 2. I called right away, but said OS. But this is pretty hot, with a good review. Some people has different taste on tablet.

Please turn in your phone and revoke your membership immediately!

NEVER CALL -- now two OD employees have your BB Playbooks.

Actually 1 employee just listed 2 Playbooks on eBay thanks to your phone call. YOu think ppl would know the 1st rule of deal shopping after all these years!

NEVER CALL!!!

Blackberry 10 is set to be released early Feb. Launch is Jan 30. I've owned a Playbook for almost a year now. I didn't want to spend the money for an Ipad, and it has suited me very well. Word is, yes,.it is supposed to get BB10. What android and Ipad have over the playbook is the ecosystem. I nabbed another one in the Kansas City area at this low price for my wife for Christmas.

I've sideloaded quite a few android apps on it and they run just fine. For example, kindle, tubemate, evernote, and an additional browser. I also have a BB phone and bridge it with my phone to have Web access for free on my unlimited plan. This is no Ipad, but what it does for the price is unbelievable.

What happens if I place an order on their website for this price will I get it?
Says it's on backorder

Thanks OP. Ordered online to pick up locally.

Research in Motion "RIM" is rock solid with zero debt, strong cash flow, and Two (2) Billion Dollars U.S. Funds in the bank. They are here for the long haul. RIM's Blackberry brand is a well-respected moniker among serious business-minded people. The Playbook with its 64GB on-board storage and elegantly-designed QNX operating system represents the best value among a sea of non-business tablet toys ...

Zoltani said:   Research in Motion "RIM" is rock solid with zero debt, strong cash flow, and Two (2) Billion Dollars U.S. Funds in the bank. They are here for the long haul. RIM's Blackberry brand is a well-respected moniker among serious business-minded people. The Playbook with its 64GB on-board storage and elegantly-designed QNX operating system represents the best value among a sea of non-business tablet toys ...

Can I have some of what you're on?

RIM IS dead. They've lost their core market. They're not getting it back. Between their lack of innovation, failed products (such as the PB), and service outages, they've lost what once made them a competitor. They've spent five years trading on their name, and it ran out of juice two years ago. Nobody is wanting to see what is next from them--everyone has either left, is leaving, or is planning to leave. It's only the third world where they still have any real clout. That's not exactly something to build success on.

You must be long on RIMM for some emotional reason. Nobody else would talk like that.

Chrysler Corporation, Harley-Davidson, even Jobst's Cinderalla company Apple that struggled early on with its computer offerings et. al technology companies ... a lot of people thought they were dead. Like the proverbial Phoenix out of the ashes, they rose from what some analysts and industry naysayers had prophesized about their demise. Never happened. Nobody has the elusive crystal ball ... only time will tell ...

I'm not on RIM for emotional reason. My main boss has dumped his newest Blackberry for an iPhone two months ago - I don't care, less trouble to manage BB server. However, as soon as BB has a good full touch screen phone I can easily see them getting decent market share, especially in business. We are not talking 50-80-100% like it was before, but even if they have 15-20% and keep it, they will be OK. RIM will survive as soon as the next gen Blackberry can offer the same basic features Android and iPhone have so my boss doesn't look like an old outdated man for his kids and mistress.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.