- No optical drive

Free upgrade to the Mountain Lion OS

Member Summary

Apple MacBook Air 11" i5 (23.64kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Good price despite inability to upgrade RAM. Unfortunately, I was interested until I found in the terms and conditions that they charge sales tax to more than just the states listed in the OP. And when I added it to the cart, there was no free shipping option.

"We collect sales and use taxes for sales shipped to the State(s) of Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming."

You are right on both counts GOVOLS. I took someone else word on the no tax and free shipping, but when I tried to check out, I was charged for both. I updated the OP.

Good deal. Just be aware it's the previous generation model (Mid-2011 release).

I use MacMall now for Mac orders, since they provide free shipping and no sales tax for WA residents. I even got a Mac Mini a few days ago, when the Apple Store is saying 2 weeks to ship and all the local stores are sold out. The only drawback to them and PC Connection is they hardly ever take returns if you have buyer's remorse. Apple has the same model for $750, with free shipping, and you can get 5% back with a Discover Card, and you can do returns easily.

Can anyone recommend a retailer where i can get a last gen Mac Air 13in (refurbished or used)? I saw MacMall mentioned, but want something more reasonalble yet still provides a balance of apple care/warranty. (iknow fleaby is an option)

-TIA!

qidrox said:   Can anyone recommend a retailer where i can get a last gen Mac Air 13in (refurbished or used)? I saw MacMall mentioned, but want something more reasonalble yet still provides a balance of apple care/warranty. (iknow fleaby is an option)

-TIA!

Are you watching the Apple Store refurb area? They have different model cycle in and out. Apple refurbs are nice. Just watch the models and release dates if you're looking for something specific; the %off seems hit and miss sometimes.

Infinion said:   qidrox said:   Can anyone recommend a retailer where i can get a last gen Mac Air 13in (refurbished or used)? I saw MacMall mentioned, but want something more reasonalble yet still provides a balance of apple care/warranty. (iknow fleaby is an option)

-TIA!

Are you watching the Apple Store refurb area? They have different model cycle in and out. Apple refurbs are nice. Just watch the models and release dates if you're looking for something specific; the %off seems hit and miss sometimes.

Agreed. The Apple Store recently had a refurb 64GB Air for $750 with free shipping. Their refurbs come with the 1-year warranty which can be extended up to 3 years. You have to check often and act fast when you see a deal though, so know the models, specs, and price you require before hand.

Same price of $699 through MacConnection but free shipping. I ordered 2, but there is sales tax. Still a good deal. I went to Apple Store today, and they agreed this is a good deal.

Newest Version for just $109 more at Amazon.com
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1234358/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014