Great Clips $9.99 Great Card

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.greatclips.com/promotions/great-card

Stock up on $9.99 haircuts with our prepaid Great Card. This promotion is available for a limited time only and only available at your local Great Clips salon, and cannot be purchased online. Minimum/Maximum purchase may apply. Only at participating salons. Promotion ends December 8, 2012, so hurry in to lock in your haircut savings for 2013

Member Summary

Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Does the card expire? if yes, when will it expire after being purchased?

adodotnet (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 4:39p) |

That's what I want to know. If no expiration would be good for when coupons aren't around.

pcmax (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 7:54p) |

No expiration date on the card.

JamesBond (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 9:24p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice, but I'm always getting coupons for $5.99 haircuts from my local Great Clips.

^ you are lucky for getting $5.99 coupons

No fair they're $8.99 here in So Cal. Ripped off for everything here.

bksavings said:   Nice, but I'm always getting coupons for $5.99 haircuts from my local Great Clips.

Please post scans..

mindless9 said:   ^ you are lucky for getting $5.99 coupons
Our Great Clips accepts non-expired competitor coupons. I use the coupons printed on the back of my grocery receipts, or from the monthly Valpak mailings, or ones in the local paper.

You usually get what you pay for at great clips. I wouldn't suggest paying more than $10 for their services.

Great Clips isn't any different than any other place I've used. I used to have a girl cut my hair and if she went to work somewhere else I followed her there she eventually quit to raise a family. Now I have a new favorite and one call tells me when she's scheduled to work. wizardking said:   You usually get what you pay for at great clips. I wouldn't suggest paying more than $10 for their services.

wizardking said:   You usually get what you pay for at great clips. I wouldn't suggest paying more than $10 for their services.

What's the different between and good and a bad haircut? .... 2 weeks....

You can not always get the $5.99 GC deals. I usually see them only when a new store opens. In some states, people are spending more than 9.99. It would be a good gift to someone.

Missed this deal last year!! Thanks!!

This doesn't look like a deal after you get to the fine print. I just returned from my local Great Clips... I was planning to just buy the card and use it to pay for a cut. However, you have to buy AT LEAST 5x haircuts to charge the card, so $49.95.

I bought 12 (a years worth) haircuts...great deal!

labboypro said:   This doesn't look like a deal after you get to the fine print. I just returned from my local Great Clips... I was planning to just buy the card and use it to pay for a cut. However, you have to buy AT LEAST 5x haircuts to charge the card, so $49.95.

So buy 5 haircuts. I like it because I get the coupon price without having to dig around for coupons. Two downsides, you tie up $100 for a year and you could possibly lose the card.

kriskos4 said:   labboypro said:   This doesn't look like a deal after you get to the fine print. I just returned from my local Great Clips... I was planning to just buy the card and use it to pay for a cut. However, you have to buy AT LEAST 5x haircuts to charge the card, so $49.95.

So buy 5 haircuts. I like it because I get the coupon price without having to dig around for coupons. Two downsides, you tie up $100 for a year and you could possibly lose the card.

You've actually given 2 superb examples for why NOT to buy 5 haircuts. A third is that, in my area (Norcal), they cycically have BETTER deals for buy-one-at-a-time haircuts... as in this Saturday and Sunday, walk-ins are $8.99.

$14 in NJ. And that's cheap compared to a lot of places around here ...

Somerset County NJ coupons range from $6.99 - $9.99, also get $2.00 off coupons and sometimes $4.00 off coupons printed on the receipt. every once in a while there are $2.99 at a Great Clips Grand opening. The key is to visit different Great Clips in the area to get on their coupon mailing list. Also note that an Adult Male haircut varies from location to location $11.99 to $14.99. As pointed out above, there are so many other offers, it almost doesn't make sense to get the $9.99 Card. I have held off for this reason.

I'm in Western WA and this is a good deal - regular price is $16 and I haven't seen a coupon in over a year. I got mine today, but ... 1/ they limited me to 3 max. 2/ there was no special card. just a gift card with $9.99 hand printed on the face [with a Sharpie]. when I queried them about this, they confirmed that it would be accepted at other (Great Clips) shops and that the "$9.99" defines it as a $9.99 per haircut special card. They supposedly did charge the card with $29.97, but I will carry my cc receipt when I get my first cut.

labboypro said:   kriskos4 said:   labboypro said:   This doesn't look like a deal after you get to the fine print. I just returned from my local Great Clips... I was planning to just buy the card and use it to pay for a cut. However, you have to buy AT LEAST 5x haircuts to charge the card, so $49.95.

You've actually given 2 superb examples for why NOT to buy 5 haircuts. A third is that, in my area (Norcal), they cycically have BETTER deals for buy-one-at-a-time haircuts... as in this Saturday and Sunday, walk-ins are $8.99.

Got an $8.99 cut today, no coupon, no bundled purchase required. Apparently, my last cut was in June, so I'm good for a while.

What's a fair tip for a $9.99 hair cut? Thanks.

I tip a buck or two. My haircuts take 10-15 minutes. A tip is a thank you, not a payment.

Check out at a grocery store near Great Clips or Fantastic Sams. Our grocery store prints coupons for $7.99 or $8.99 cuts all the time.

labboypro said:   This doesn't look like a deal after you get to the fine print. I just returned from my local Great Clips... I was planning to just buy the card and use it to pay for a cut. However, you have to buy AT LEAST 5x haircuts to charge the card, so $49.95.

When the woman at a Great Clips near Phoenix was looking over the rules for the card purchases, it said minimum two haircuts, maximum ten haircuts per card. I like this deal because I get frequent haircuts and the coupons and walk-in specials have been less frequently available in my area. Sure, if a Val-Pak or coupon flyer with the grocery ads comes in for $6.99 to $8.99, I will use it. My local coupons usually expire within a few weeks, so only one can be used. But this is helpful for when those deals are not around. The grocery receipt deals for GC have not been available in my area in recent years.

As for quality, it really depends on the individual and if one or two do it better, it might be best to try to arrange something. I do very much like their late hours (most close at 9PM in Arizona).

Does the card expire? if yes, when will it expire after being purchased?

adodotnet said:   Does the card expire? if yes, when will it expire after being purchased?

That's what I want to know. If no expiration would be good for when coupons aren't around.

No expiration date on the card.

pcmax said:   adodotnet said:   Does the card expire? if yes, when will it expire after being purchased?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014