• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Skype’s Giving Away Free Unlimited Worldwide Phone Calls For an Entire Month

Time to call that long-lost aunt in the middle of absolute nowhere: Skype's just announced that you can now claim a whole month's worth of unlimited free world-wide landline and mobile calling—but only if you claim it by end of today.

We're not sure if many people actually make phone calls these days, but hell, free's free and while, yes, there is a ‘fair usage policy', it seems pretty generous. You'll have to attach some sort of payment system to your account, just in case you want to use it after the month is out, but otherwise no strings are attached.

The scheme covers both landline and mobile calls in the US, and international calls to over 40 countries. Jump on over to Skype Claim your free calling now, before the end of today.

Worth a shot, some people are having luck, others are not. Good luck!

Member Summary

Disclaimer
Calls to mobiles and landlines in these countries: Canada, Guam, Hong Kong S.A.R. China, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Thailand and United States.

Calls to landlines in these countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia (Moscow and St. Petersburg only), Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom and Venezuela.

INDIA NOT included, in case if you're wondering.

Saving you a couple of clicks and few mins of reading
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Got this message

"Oops - it looks like this trial has either expired or isn’t available for this Skype Name.
Please ensure you’ve signed in with the Skype Name the free trial was sent to."

Set a reminder to cancel the subscription near the end of the free month or they will start billing you.

Keeping or cancelling your subscription

If you love calling phones from Skype we’ll activate your subscription of choice automatically at the end of the free trial and start your monthly payment.

If you want to cancel during your first month, that’s easy to do. Simply sign into your account and disable the subscription by clicking Subscription settings on the Call phones tab.

Dunno how it determines if I'm eligible or not. Tried three Skype accounts: the two accounts that I use daily didn't qualify while it worked on an older account.

Thanks OP. It works fine. I got my free month subscription. *** NEED TO CANCEL IN 27 DAYS ****

Here are the details

Thank you and congratulations on setting up your free trial of a subscription. You can now start calling numbers included in your subscription, and stop worrying about time, distance, or cost. A fair usage policy applies.

If you find you love reaching phones with Skype you won't have to do a thing to continue. We'll activate your subscription and set up a recurring payment at the end of your free trial.

Want to cancel? No problem, simply visit your account within the first 27 days.

Here are your order details:

Misleading title and the deal in itself. They are way more than just 40 countries in the world, more like 200 countries.

Wow...touchy arent we...by this logic, you must be turning black and blue and getting admitted to the ICU everytime there is a baseball/basketball "World Series" game ..considering that players from only ONE country are playing!!

And while we are playing picky...the list of countries as admitted in the CIA factbook stands at 195 (Taiwan is 196 but not recognized by US). So we are a little distance from 200.

Coming to the main topic...green to OP. Now to kill my Vonage and come back later as a "New" customer!!

I cannot enroll this plan. When I clicked "Claim your free month" and logged in my account, it asked me to purchase the plan. Do you have this question? Thanks a lot.

Notice that mobile numbers are NOT included in this deal for most countries (only seven countries are included).

1 A fair usage policy applies. Excludes special, premium and non-geographic numbers.
2 Trial must be redeemed by 15/11/2012. Offer available only to existing Skype users who have been registered with Skype more than 29 days. To qualify for the offer, you must provide valid payment details. After the first month, your subscription will automatically continue and payments will be taken monthly unless you cancel within 27 days of the start date. Only one free Unlimited World subscription can be claimed per customer. Offer not available in China, Korea, Russia or Taiwan.
3 Calls to mobiles and landlines in these countries: Canada, Guam, Hong Kong S.A.R. China, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Thailand and United States.
4 Calls to landlines in these countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia (Moscow and St. Petersburg only), Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom and Venezuela.

Be careful

Keeping or cancelling your subscription

If you love calling phones from Skype we’ll activate your subscription of choice automatically at the end of the free trial and start your monthly payment.

Meh, Not really world wide, cant call india

No Caribbean islands except Puerto Rico and only one South American country ... hardly world wide!

it worked for me.
Unlimited World 1 month $13.99
100% Discount $-13.99
0% VAT $0.00

Can I sue them for misleading advertising? Worldwide should mean all the countries not selected 40.

Ogheed said:   No Caribbean islands except Puerto Rico and only one South American country ... hardly world wide!

That's what I said and the newbie here bashing me for pointing the false advertising.

I activated, then cancelled it right away, but it seems that you can continue to use it until the trial expires as below:

You've cancelled your Unlimited World subscription. You can continue to make calls until it expires on December 15, 2012.
No further payments will be taken unless you reactivate this subscription.

That makes the deal even sweeter! Order and cancel it all in about 3 minutes! Love it!

seems doesn't work on me, but I like the ideal like this. +++

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014