• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I'm guessing today only - DailySteals is selling a refurbished Apple Ipad 2 16GB Wi-Fi+Verizon 3G for $319.99 plus $4.99 shipping. CLICK HERE TO BUY

A few things to keep in mind:

• This IS refurbished with a 90 day warranty

• This same model sells as a refurb with a 1 year warranty for $399 plus tax and free shipping (total $432 in Dallas, TX)

Yes you get a better warranty with Apple, and Verizon 3G is slow, but you save (in my area) $107....sooooo...you decide....is saving almost 25% a good deal? You're going to want a newer one in 6 months anyway right?

Specs from the DailySteals website:
Condition: Factory Recertified
Packaging: Box
Warranty: 90 Day
Brand: Apple

Product Features:
16GB internal memory
Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
3G on this iPad will only work on Verizon
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
9.7 LED backlit display
Multi-touch display with IPS technology
1024 x 768 pixel resolution
132 ppi
Fingerprint resistant oleophobic coating
Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
1 GHz dual core Apple A5 processor
720p HD video recording back camera
Still camera with 5x zoom on back camera
Front camera with VGA quality recording
Tap to control exposure
Photo and geotagging over WiFi
Lithium polymer battery
Up to 10 hours surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video or listening to music
Up to 9 hours surfing web using 3G data network
Charges via power adapter or USB to computer
Dock connector port
3.5mm stereo jack
Built-in speaker
Microphone
Three axis gyro
Accelerometer
Ambient light sensor
Assisted GPS
Audio formats supported: HE-AAC (V1 and V2), AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p with Apple Digital AV Adapter or Apple VGA Adapter (cables sold separately)

What You Get:
Apple 16GB iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G Verizon (Choice of Black, White)
Charger
USB Cable

Member Summary

iPad 2
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'd rather have an Apple refurb for $319 minus the 3G...warranty and new case included.

In my experience and among many reviews on resellerratings.com, DS is a rip-off company who can take up to a month to ship, if at all. They do not have inventory. They rely on independent sellers. "Refurbished" could very well mean, used with damage and or parts missing. You've been warned.

OP, the red is nothing personal. But no matter how cheap something is, if it doesn't ship or is damaged, it's not a deal. I'm not saying people don't get lucky and get what's described. I guess it's a question of is it worth $320 to find out.

hammer45 said:   I'd rather have an Apple refurb for $319 minus the 3G...warranty and new case included.

Yeah, this is going to be for people that want/need wireless (not just wifi).

ChiefBrody said:   In my experience and among many reviews on resellerratings.com, DS is a rip-off company who can take up to a month to ship, if at all. They do not have inventory. They rely on independent sellers. "Refurbished" could very well mean, used with damage and or parts missing. You've been warned.

OP, the red is nothing personal. But no matter how cheap something is, if it doesn't ship or is damaged, it's not a deal. I'm not saying people don't get lucky and get what's described. I guess it's a question of is it worth $320 to find out.

I don't have any vested interest in DailySteals, but in the interest of fairness I've ordered a few things from them, and while they don't ship same day, orders have always shipped in a few days and always come as advertised. Family/friends have echoed the same experience.

for what its worth...i just ordered a new (retail box)camera from them and it was at my door in a week

Wondering about this company! They have a good deal on the Ipad, but I am reluctant to purchase from them based on several reviews. Just wondering about everyone's past experiences with them since sales are final and it sounds like customer service is difficult to reach. Definitely not a good deal if it comes used/broken/problematic! (Ipads are refurbed...w/90day warr)

Bought a tablet from them 14 days ago and have not received anything.

ChiefBrody said:   In my experience and among many reviews on resellerratings.com, DS is a rip-off company who can take up to a month to ship, if at all. They do not have inventory. They rely on independent sellers. "Refurbished" could very well mean, used with damage and or parts missing. You've been warned.

Unfortunatly I am finding this to be true, and I sure wish I knew this two weeks ago.
Ordered a Monitor on 11/10/12. Credit card was immediately charged, and I received a confirmation e-mail. But since then, no e-mails, tracking # or anyway to show the item is actually being processed. I checked "My account" on Dailysteals and there is nothing there. E-mail, and "Contact us" receive no responses either.

I will wait until Monday, and shall then file a dispute with my Discover card.

NEVER AGAIN

mo3k said:   Wondering about this company! They have a good deal on the Ipad, but I am reluctant to purchase from them based on several reviews. Just wondering about everyone's past experiences with them since sales are final and it sounds like customer service is difficult to reach. Definitely not a good deal if it comes used/broken/problematic! (Ipads are refurbed...w/90day warr)

I've had two personal experiences with DS. The first one I ordered an HP frame "manufacturer refurbished" last year. It came in about 12 days in a regular grocery store box. There were chunks of missing wood around the frame and scratches all over it. Something was loose inside and the stand was missing. I contacted DS and the ONLY thing they did was send me a stand. I filed a PayPal dispute for 'not as described' and got a refund.

My second and FINAL go-round with them was about 3 months ago. I ordered a refurbished Diamond wireless range extender. 1 week, 2 weeks, nothing. I contacted DS and they told me their "distributor" was having problems getting the product. I asked for a refund. They refused. I asked for a shipping refund at the very least. They refused. 2 more weeks passed and still nothing. I filed a PayPal dispute and got a full refund only AFTER DS adamantly protested.

Frankly, the crooks at DS should be jailed for false advertising. Many of their 'factory refurbished' items are used junk that hasn't seen a factory since the day they were made. As for their shipping, these items could arrive faster by horse.

Addendum. Writing this made me think of an order I placed with 1SaleADay 13 days ago for a portable tablet speaker. So I go to their site and sure enough it's still "processing." So I did some research and people are having the exact same problem with 1sale as they are with DS. And guess where 1sale is located? 471 Cozine Ave Brooklyn, NY 11208. I'm guessing DS and 1sale are either under the same umbrella or at least in league together. Just type in '1SaleADay.com scams' and read much.

DS - 1529 Dean St, # 3, Brooklyn, NY

1SaleADay - 471 Cozine Ave Brooklyn, NY 11208

4.6 miles apart. If you Google Earth them, they are both in delapitated warehouses.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014