• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
linkZon

Additional $5 OFF per month (for first year) Promotion code: ONLJ-WZMZ-KMKN (Expires: 11/15/2012)

FAT WALLET CASH-BACK LINK:
http://www.fatwallet.com/Verizon-Broadband-coupons/

FiOS Double Play
No Annual Contract with 1-Year Price Guarantee
Included with this plan:
FiOS TV Prime HD

Packed with entertainment punch, the FiOS TV Prime HD package includes our dynamic Interactive Media Guide that makes it a breeze to take control of your entertainment, cool widgets that give you on-screen access to your Facebook and Twitter accounts and:

210+ channels with FiOS TV Prime HD including 55+ in HD
Must-have programming from ESPN.com, Discovery, TNT, USA, MTV, CNN and more
Extensive On Demand library with over 40,000 titles available each month, many free including over 10,000 HD titles per month
46 commercial-free music channels.

FiOS Internet 15/5 Mbps

Great for everyday browsing, email, shopping and social networking. With FiOS 15 Mbps/5 Mbps Internet, youll get:

100% fiber optics straight to your home
9 email accounts
10 MB of personal Web space
24/7 live product support
Wireless router included with new installations
Wi-Fi hotspot access (available in designated locations only)

Member Summary

Logo
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Just got message from Fatwallet:
Date Merchant Purchase Amount Cash Back Status
11/15/2012 Verizon Broadband Services $134.98 $50.00 Reported

not available for location

Everyone keeps posting these "so called" FIOS deals. They are all basically crap. They are bare-bones deals with bare-bones equipment. By the time you add HD receivers and dvr's and their accompanying fees they are no different than their "usual" prices. I've priced out the last 3 or 4 that have been posted and every one of them is no cheaper then rack rate. They are giving you "HD programming" but not HD equipment.

Man... I would have to downgrade my internet from 25/25. Not a bad price though if you need the TV plan. Heck, it's a couple dollars cheaper than what I pay for internet-only.

EDIT: My choice just got easier... Not available for me. LOL

MisterEd said:   Everyone keeps posting these "so called" FIOS deals. They are all basically crap. They are bare-bones deals with bare-bones equipment. By the time you add HD receivers and dvr's and their accompanying fees they are no different than their "usual" prices. I've priced out the last 3 or 4 that have been posted and every one of them is no cheaper then rack rate. They are giving you "HD programming" but not HD equipment.
Yes, I agree with you. But, this is the best deal I could find so far including the HD Box and additional fees. Also, I don't have to call comcast every 6 months now ...

This is only for new subscribers, I take it?

VirtuaL said:   This is only for new subscribers, I take it?

Looks like it. But, give it a try and see if it works for existing customers as well.

MisterEd said:   Everyone keeps posting these "so called" FIOS deals. They are all basically crap. They are bare-bones deals with bare-bones equipment. By the time you add HD receivers and dvr's and their accompanying fees they are no different than their "usual" prices. I've priced out the last 3 or 4 that have been posted and every one of them is no cheaper then rack rate. They are giving you "HD programming" but not HD equipment.

Isn't one HD receiver included in this offer?

docjoo said:   MisterEd said:   Everyone keeps posting these "so called" FIOS deals. They are all basically crap. They are bare-bones deals with bare-bones equipment. By the time you add HD receivers and dvr's and their accompanying fees they are no different than their "usual" prices. I've priced out the last 3 or 4 that have been posted and every one of them is no cheaper then rack rate. They are giving you "HD programming" but not HD equipment.

Isn't one HD receiver included in this offer?

Nope, add $11.99 for that.

Is it true you will see a small increase in your electric bill (maybe $20-30 per year), due too the fiber optic box that has to be plugged in ?

One way to avoid the equipment charges (except for a cablecard fee) is to go with a cablecard tuner and windows media center, adding extenders for additional TV's. See: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/index.php for more information. Once setup, you can use with FiOS, run it through the promotion pricing, switch back to cable, run through their promo pricing, etc., as desired. More complex that the provider equipment, but worth considering if you have the skills.

Not sure about other current subscribers but I don't see this offer.
The only offer I get is to "upgrade" my current NO-contract double play from 79.99 to 84.99 with 2-year contract.
So the upgrade offer is to pay Verizon $5 extra per month and get locked into a 2yr committment.
Yup, it's upgrade all right but for Verizon, not for me.

I signed up for their offer yesterday which is pretty much the same as today. I needed a DVR which added another $16.99. So, it is a bare bones deal and you do have to add to it. I think the $300 Visa gift card is what drew me in. Hopefully they'll honor it cause I know people who have had issues getting it after they signed up.

not available for my location

Not to thread crap but pls be aware with Verizon cancellation. My personal experience is it is tough to get to their cancellation department and once you get there they send you through hoops. Inspite of getting a number of cancellation verifications over the past 8 months (running from pillar to post with their so called cancellatin team)...I got to know recently from a certain credit bureau that they had sent my case to collection agency due to which my clean record got a hit. I am yet to email all three credit agencies with the letters I recieved that show I owe them zero. So scary to sign up again with verizon.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014