• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
may be good for any that have spare miles from opening the Chase Credit card.

One year ago we introduced Avios to the Executive Club. Now, to celebrate our first fantastic year, we're inviting you to take part in our 25% off reward flights sale.*

This offer is an all cabin sale on British Airways operated flights to Zone 4 destinations and beyond. All you have to do is book a reward flight between 14 and 19 November 2012 and you'll need 25% fewer Avios, provided you travel before 31 May 2013. Of course, the sooner you book the better. Seats are limited. What's more, the 25% saving applies to reward flights booked with our partner airline Iberia, as well.

So celebrate our first anniversary in style with this wonderful opportunity to get reward flights that are just a bit more rewarding

Member Summary

british airways (23.77kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

You are right, chase can transfer point to BA, also AMEX can transfer too.

can this be combined w free companion certificate?

Whats the easiest way to use these for USA travel? . . . I have my 100k but newborn keeps us from overseas for a while.

Unfortunately, BA passes on some huge "fuel surcharges" to passengers redeeming for frequent-flier tickets. I checked on one recently, to go from Seattle to London, and the "taxes and fees" on a 75000 mile frequent-flier ticket were over $700. Ouch!

c640180 said:   Unfortunately, BA passes on some huge "fuel surcharges" to passengers redeeming for frequent-flier tickets. I checked on one recently, to go from Seattle to London, and the "taxes and fees" on a 75000 mile frequent-flier ticket were over $700. Ouch!

Agreed. We use our Avois exclusively for short haul flights, particularly to Mexico, where other carriers charge crazy rates as it is considered international.

Best to use the Avios for long haul travel on partners, Chase and AMEX points elsewhere.

shank said:   c640180 said:   Unfortunately, BA passes on some huge "fuel surcharges" to passengers redeeming for frequent-flier tickets. I checked on one recently, to go from Seattle to London, and the "taxes and fees" on a 75000 mile frequent-flier ticket were over $700. Ouch!

Agreed. We use our Avois exclusively for short haul flights, particularly to Mexico, where other carriers charge crazy rates as it is considered international.

Best to use the Avios for long haul travel on partners, Chase and AMEX points elsewhere.

Can you tell me how to use avios points on chase or AMEX?

Thanks for the heads up, OP! I do have Avios miles, just sitting there.

The fuel surcharge may be more worthwhile if you look at them as a "cheaper" way to fly business class.

Back in the day you could fly to Spain on Iberia for your European gateway. The taxes are close to the same as flying into Heathrow or Gatwick now. For as long as it takes to go there from the east coast, you may as well go to Hawaii and use the tax and fuelcharge money saved for lodging.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014