• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Regular price $89.99 Save $50

Starts 11/18 in stores.

edit: Product info seems to have been removed from their website. Not sure why.

edit2: Product info is back. And for those who are wondering this is USB 3.0

Product Info Link

Member Summary

Seagate Expansion 750GB Portable HD
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
With CDM, I get 101MB/sec sequential read and write over USB3.0 with this drive. Excellent! (Now if I could only get tha... (more)

VirtuaL (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 2:23p) |

I got two rainchecks during the sale, but Target has discontinued the product, so redeeming them has been challenging. ... (more)

arla (Dec. 09, 2012 @ 7:31a) |

where is costco link. please share

DanceBabyDance (Dec. 09, 2012 @ 8:02a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is it USB 3.0 or 2.0 ? The link to the product doesn't say...

ok that is a HOTTTT deal !!!
I just checked the model number on Newegg here and it says it is USB 3.0 !!!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178251

Hmmm... $40 for 750GB or Costco's 3TB for $100... or maybe one of each.

OP said:   Is it USB 3.0 or 2.0 ? The link to the product doesn't say...

Click the specifications tab. It says it is USB 3.0

I wonder which is a bigger waste of time...going to Target to never find any B&M clearance deals or people posting about a deal they'll never find at Target.

Yes, it in the sunday ads.

cyfan said:   I wonder which is a bigger waste of time...going to Target to never find any B&M clearance deals or people posting about a deal they'll never find at Target.
Not clearance, if it was I would have said so.

My Target has 7 on the shelf right now.

can anybody paste the link? i am not able to see in weekly ad

Would it be possible to rip the drive out of the enclosure and put it in a PS3? I see that it is a 2.5" drive.

Scan
Disclaimer
macwan said:   can anybody paste the link? i am not able to see in weekly ad

Here you go. I did my best. As I have said, the ad starts tomorrow, 11/18.

Green for you.
Got 2.

Just picked up 2. Really good deal. There was only one left on the shelf after i picked up mine and these r not on clearance. Looks like a pre-bf day sale. Fyi noticed they had a 2tb hdd going for 80 bucks

Thanks for posting. Just got back from target and picked two up. None were on the shelf, had to ask them for it. They were still in the process of putting the sales stuff up on the shelves. Also picked up a Logitech m315 mouse for $10, orig price $19.

The reviews on Newegg seem decent. Usb 3.0 is nice, the cord is really short maybe a foot long. 698GB of useable space. The case does have a cheap feel to it, and does have sharp edges to it. Over all great price for $39

Thanks! Got 3! I am going to return the 1.5TB portable one bought at Costco for $109 with coupon a couple weeks back.

Thanks OP. Grabbed 3 for Christmas gifts.

Anyone got a DPCI# before I make the trip?

Edit: found it... 080-00-0398

I got there just few minutes before store open. They are only 2 available so I pickup both. It is small external portable drive.

I was able to find the page with labboypro's number: http://www.target.com/p/seagate-expansion-750gb-portable-hard-dr...

"Find in store" there reports it's available at all but one within 50 miles of me.

labboypro said:   Hmmm... $40 for 750GB or Costco's 3TB for $100... or maybe one of each.

I'd prefer the costco - better value and return policy. But I think I'll get one or two of these if it's easy today. Costco's deal starts Black Friday, so there's likely a lot of hassle, risk of being out of stock, and of course GEOC*

*Gravy Eating Opportunity Cost

SlimTim said:   labboypro said:   Hmmm... $40 for 750GB or Costco's 3TB for $100... or maybe one of each.

I'd prefer the costco - better value and return policy. But I think I'll get one or two of these if it's easy today. Costco's deal starts Black Friday, so there's likely a lot of hassle, risk of being out of stock, and of course GEOC*

I think the one at Costco is not portable drive.

Just returned from Walnut Creek, CA store... none on shelf, so I asked. Was instantly told (with gum-smacking I-don't-care attitude), "OOS." I asked for department manager to find out why sale item that started 1 hour ago was already OOS, and why DPCI# online shows "in stock." Worker huffed and puffed, then pulled it up on scanner and saw they had 6 in stock... so she huffed and puffed and got it pulled from back stock (and probably played "hacky drive" with it all the way back to the selling floor). *sigh*

BTW, I only bought one... so there are probably 5 more available.

SlimTim said:   

Better return policy than Target? We get 90 days on most items including an iPad, laptop, router, hard drive and many other electronic items we bought in the last four months or so. And I have taken advantage. It's one of the main reasons I like to purchase at Target. When in doubt buy, and no hassle if I change my mind.

For the USB 3.0 to work you have to have a USB 3.0 installed in your computer. If you have a USB 2.0, you will only get USB 2.0 speeds, which are darn slow

Sorry to ask, but this is the first time I am buying an external HD. I was at Target for about an hour if not more sitting in front of that HD then I saw another deal for $10 more (1 TB Seagate Backup Plus). I took that one over this because of the space. Like I said I don't know anything about it. While I was sitting there I went to Amazon and checked the reviews of the one I am taking and it seems to be legit. Altho, I still don't know the difference between the 2.

1. Is the HD that I bought will work as the one posted here?
2. I was wondering if these HD are compatible with Wii system?

Thanks

bru20 said:   Better return policy than Target? We get 90 days on most items including an iPad, laptop, router, hard drive and many other electronic items we bought in the last four months or so. And I have taken advantage. It's one of the main reasons I like to purchase at Target. When in doubt buy, and no hassle if I change my mind.

There is no comparing TGT to Costco wrt return policy. If you're not familiar with Costco's, you should read up on it.

Picked one up at Oracle store in Tucson. Last one on the shelf. but didn't ask about other stock.

Good deal.

I got one. None on the shelf when I got there, but an employee checked and saw two more in the back. One for me, one for another shopper. The web site still reports "In stock".

LiquidChild, 1TB for $50 sounds great, I did not see that. Key factors are support for USB 3.0 (not just 2.0), and for some, size. The 750 is the small style, which is preferable in some cases.

anyone pop it open to see what drive is inside?

Thanks OP grabbed the last one on the shelf!

labboypro said:   bru20 said:   Better return policy than Target? We get 90 days on most items including an iPad, laptop, router, hard drive and many other electronic items we bought in the last four months or so. And I have taken advantage. It's one of the main reasons I like to purchase at Target. When in doubt buy, and no hassle if I change my mind.

There is no comparing TGT to Costco wrt return policy. If you're not familiar with Costco's, you should read up on it.

Perhaps not waiting behind the 50 people in line at CostCo returning crap is worth something to people.

Was going to wait until Black Friday to stock up on hard drives, but this was too good to pass up, and miraculously, my Target had a bunch in stock! Thanks OP.

In for one, thanks Op!
Plenty around the 93003 Zip Code.

FWIW, all of their externals were on sale:

2TB WD $90
1TB WD $80
2TB Seagate $80
1TB Seagate $70
320GB Seagate $35

labboypro said:   

Kind of moot as I am not a member at Costco. Don't have a big enough family to justify it. I don't have to pay anything to shop or return something at Target.

But feel free to fill me in because unless they pay you extra when you return the only thing that I could think would make it better than Target's policy is a longer return time frame. That would be nice but I would think for most 90 days is pretty good.

bru20 said:   labboypro said:   

Kind of moot as I am not a member at Costco. Don't have a big enough family to justify it. I don't have to pay anything to shop or return something at Target.

But feel free to fill me in because unless they pay you extra when you return the only thing that I could think would make it better than Target's policy is a longer return time frame. That would be nice but I would think for most 90 days is pretty good.

I don't have Costco either (or Sam's or BJ's or anything else) but people I know rave about Costo's return policy. It might even be one year for returns (or something like that).

Like you, I think 90 days is fine in my case. I picked up this drive today as a gift for my dad. 90 days will give me enough time to decide whether I get him something else, use it myself, or need to take it back.

Thanks!

My store said the sale lasts from 11/18 - 11/21.

Picked up two in Carson City, NV and there were still two left around 2 PM.

good find

Skipping 39 Messages...
where is costco link. please share

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014