• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
roll OOO........

5% off through Discover?

thanks op, better deal than Costco!

OOS on the paper towels...

(I wrote this on my blog, hope it answers any questions)
How does this compare to other products?

I usually like to compare household supplies with Costco. Costco sells Kirkland paper towels for $18.19 for 12 rolls. Of course this means nothing until you calculate the cost per inch. Here are the details for Kirkland Paper Towels.

2-Ply Paper Towel Rolls
White
Towel Dimensions: 11" x 14" sheets
80 sheets per roll
12 individually wrapped rolls

Since both width measurements are 11", we must compare the length in inches.

Cost per inch of Staples Paper Towels deal = 7.3" X 102 sheets X 24 rolls = 17,870.4 inches/$20.50 After Coupon

$20.50/17870.4 inches = 0.00115 cents per inch

Cost per inch of Kirkland Paper Towels = 14' X 80 X 12 = 13,440 inches

$18.19/13,440 inches = 0.00135 cents per inch

Why is this a good/bad deal?

The Staples deal beats Costco paper towels! Also you get two boxes of Kleenex tissues for free and save the convenience of not leaving your house! The only con of this deal is you prefer premium Costco paper towels that are 2 Ply instead of 1 Ply. I don't really care, I actually like that the Staples paper towels are half sheets (7" vs Costco 14").

I have $10 off $30 cleaning/breakroom purchase in my coupon wallet at StaplesRewards...might be able to use to make an even better deal....

Great find. Thanks OP for taking time to share this deal.

jimbocobb said:   I have $10 off $30 cleaning/breakroom purchase in my coupon wallet at StaplesRewards...might be able to use to make an even better deal....

also found a coupon in my coupon wallet for a free 42-oz bag of peanut M&M's with delivery purchase of $30 or more...and used $15 of my rewards $$...final deal:

Item 869351
Scott® Mega Roll Paper Towel Rolls, 1-Ply, 6 Rolls/Pack Expected business-day delivery: Mon 11/26 Qty: 5
at $5.99 6 Rolls/Pack

Price:
$29.95

Item 483115
Kleenex® Boutique Facial Tissues, 2-Ply, 3/Pack Expected business-day delivery: Tue 11/20 Qty: 2
at $4.29 3 Boxes/Pack

Price:
$8.58

Item 689508
M&M's® Peanut Candy, 42 oz. Bag Expected business-day delivery: Tue 11/20 Qty: 1
at $13.99 Each

Price:
$13.99

Subtotal: $52.52
Coupons: -$46.99
Estimated Tax: $0.36
Delivery: $0.00
Total: $5.89
Remaining Balance: $5.89

Shingwedzi said:   Reminder: this is a good way to keep airline miles alive another 18 months when you go through the airline shopping portal...something you'd buy/need anyway, reasonable price, free shipping.
Don't these sites usually state that if coupons are used, you won't get the mileage?

Successfully ordered just now. The deal is either back or not expired yet!

thanks MR. C in for 4 paper towels and 2 kleenex!

bump

I found a coupon from "the perfect gift" flyer that they mailed out with a 20 off 50 for cleaning and breakroom orders that expires 1-15-13. the code is 54557. I tried to order online and it gave me a expired error. I called and they explained that the printers used the same code as a previous flyer that was expired but they would just enter another 20 off code for me on the phone order. Worked out great. Thanks OP.
I used on the tissues and garbage bags. Paper towels are out of stock again.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.