• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Went browsing around the Samsung website and noticed Samsung has lowered the price on their Samsung UN40EH6030 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED 3D HDTV (Black) down to 499.99 BEFORE Black Friday (until 11/26). This is one of the Black Friday TVs coming up at Best Buy and Tiger Direct, but you can have it right now for the price from MULTIPLE Retailers.

I just placed an order from Amazon.com for 497.99! It is a VERY hot deal in my opinion, particularly for people who do not have access to Frys.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083KGX96/

Here is the link to the Samsung page that has the deal and all the retailers you can buy from:

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN40EH6030FXZA

Member Summary

Samsung UN40EH6030
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

hows this compare to this: LG 42LM3700 42" 1080p 60Hz Cinema 3D LED (3.0" ultra-slim) Soundbar/HDTV Bundle at WalMart

$500 for a 40in......meh

opathal said:   $500 for a 40in......meh

Yeah you can get a 42" generic LCD television for under 200 dollars from one store on Black Friday. However you cannot get a Samsung UN60EH6030 120Hz 3D LED TV for that much. I don't know of any 40" 3D TV for that price at the moment. Only thing that comes close is a Vizio.

If you are lucky to have a Frys and instantly place an order, you sometimes (few weeks ago) get a 47" 3D 120Hz for 499, but that's just a bunch of ifs.

crtt said:   hows this compare to this: LG 42LM3700 42" 1080p 60Hz Cinema 3D LED (3.0" ultra-slim) Soundbar/HDTV Bundle at WalMart

I wouldn't know how they compare in picture quality. If it were me buying, I'd automatically discount the LG due to lack of being a 120Hz TV and the fact that I would have no use or interest in a Soundbar being a multichannel home theater user.

nrezaie said:   opathal said:   $500 for a 40in......meh

Yeah you can get a 42" generic LCD television for under 200 dollars on Black Friday. However you cannot get a Samsung UN60EH6030 120Hz 3D LED TV for that much. I don't know of any 40" 3D TV for that price at the moment. Only thing that comes close is a Vizio.

If you are lucky to have a Frys and instantly place an order, you sometimes (few weeks ago) get a 47" 3D 120Hz for 499, but that's just a bunch of ifs.

My Samsung hummed like a thousand mosquitos trying to mate with each other all at once. Sold that hunk of humming crap on craigslist. My "no name" has been a thing of perfection for over 2yrs. I will say Vizio is garbage though, learned that the hard way.

The 3D component is worthless to me, so I guess if thats a must....it'll be worth 60% more money to you.....to find Blurays.....that are in 3D....when you decide everyone wants to watch a 3D movie.

nrezaie said:   Went browsing around the Samsung website and noticed Samsung has lowered the price on their Samsung UN40EH6030 40-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED 3D HDTV (Black) down to 499.99 BEFORE Black Friday (until 11/26). This is one of the Black Friday TVs coming up at Best Buy and Tiger Direct, but you can have it right now for the price from MULTIPLE Retailers.

I just placed an order from Amazon.com for 497.99! It is a VERY hot deal in my opinion, particularly for people who do not have access to Frys.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083KGX96/

Here is the link to the Samsung page that has the deal and all the retailers you can buy from:

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN40EH6030FXZA

I learned the hard way to NOT have a TV shipped. Nothing but trouble and breakeage down the road.

Frys couple days ago sale UN40EH6030 only $399.00

Alot of people across Fatwallet and SD keep mentioning Frys. Frys and every TV deal they have is essentially USELESS to the majority of Americans who do not live near a Frys. Frys had this TV for 399 one week B&M only. Everyone who doesn't live near a Frys so grudgingly knows about the deal already. They also had a 47" Panasonic IPS 120Hz 3D and 47" LG 47LM6200 120Hz 3D a couple weeks before that for only 499. INCREDIBLE deal. One of the best deals I've ever seen on fatwallet in 8 years using the site. But even if you lived near a Frys, it was an almost instant sell out. I actually live near a Frys in LA and wasn't even quick enough to the deal before it sold out.

Next, Frys charges SALES TAX as well as 59 dollars to deliver a TV if your car is not big enough to transport it yourself. If I bought this in LA for 399 at Frys, it would result in 399+40 dollars sales tax + 59 dollars delivery. 500 dollars! The same price it is now at Amazon and many other retailers. Not EVERY deal at Frys is as beautiful as it seems when you factor in tax and delivery that alot of people have to pay because they don't have pickup trucks and vans.

Further, TVs are absolutely NOT priced only by 40inches, 50 inches, 55 inches. TVs are priced by a multitude of features. It is very frustrating when people say 500 dollars for a 40"? This is a Samsung 3D 120Hz LED lit TV. It is NOT a Haier 42" 60Hz non-3D television in the Wal-Mart clearance aisle. If it were 500 dollars for a Haier 42" 60Hz non-3D television, this would be an AWFUL deal. 3D costs money. Buying a TV from a reputable manufacturer like Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, LG costs money. 3D may not be important to everyone, but if you want it, you are NOT going to currently find a TV like this for the price (unless you are one of the few who lives near a Frys when they have a lucky sale going). This Samsung is the best deal going on right now for a 40-42" class 3D 120Hz LED lit television. Nothing in the class is near this price except the Vizio, which some people are happy with.

and Finally, Not EVERYONE is able to accommodate a 47-60" television in the space they need it. I personally NEEDED a 40-42" class for because anything else would be too big for the space I'm trying to fill. If you need a 47" class TV and you don't care about 3D, this is NOT the deal for you. If you're criteria for buying a TV is just size, go spend a few hundred on one of the bargain generics that are on sale this Friday.

I'm looking for around a 40" LED for my parents (39-46", though I think a 39"-42" would best considering they sit close), however they don't need 3D, so no use in paying for that unless it's still a great deal on a TV even not counting the 3D. Best Buy also has a "Samsung 39" LED 1080p 60Hz HDTV (UN39EH5003FXZA)" for $397.99 right now. Is this the best deal on a top brand 39"+ LED?

One thing that I don't like about BF deals is not knowing the normal price. Does anyone know what the normal everyday (or a sale that occurs often) prices on these are at Best Buy and Amazon (whichever is cheapest)?
And does anyone know the normal price is the Samsung UN32EH4003 32-Inch? Right now it's ~$250 at Amazon and WalMart.com (pre BF sale).

opathal said:   
My Samsung hummed like a thousand mosquitos trying to mate with each other all at once. Sold that hunk of humming crap on craigslist. My "no name" has been a thing of perfection for over 2yrs. I will say Vizio is garbage though, learned that the hard way.

There is no perfectly flawless TV. Samsung gets mostly good reviews. The no-names don't. Simple fact. Which proves you've been lucky. And reviews would probably show Vizio is not much different (or maybe better) than your no-name. Some people (the lucky ones) swear by Vizio too, just as you did with your no-name. Way too many people don't have the luck with no-names that you have with your set. Congrats.

camelcamelcamel.com can give you a price history for items found on Amazon, bestbuy, or Newegg.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.