Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

USB lightning cable for iphone 5
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks like ships from China >>> says 17-28 business days

There was one review/comment that said it's not reversible only worked one way. Can anyone confirm this?

Sorry...cannot confirm. Perhaps the reviewer meant 'one time' (?)...as in, you use it on your iPhone 5 one time...then you toast your phone? But, that could just be a mis-interpretation on my part

Takes a month to ship? What gives?!

dv8ed said:   There was one review/comment that said it's not reversible only worked one way. Can anyone confirm this?

It seems that some of the Generic cables have quality issues where roughly 10-16% won't work properly(EG. one side doesn't work). Considered if 10 people purchased the cable, there is bound to be 1 that either doesn't work on one side or just doesn't work at all. Buy safe .

*I got one... For $6 I'll roll the dice .

Source Link

w1ngman said:   Sorry...cannot confirm. Perhaps the reviewer meant 'one time' (?)...as in, you use it on your iPhone 5 one time...then you toast your phone? But, that could just be a mis-interpretation on my part

No here's the review.
http://www.amazon.com/review/R25PL1HG52Q2ER

Wow, it's so cheap. Order one for my iphone5. Thanks OP!

Both this cable and the $8 converter sold by the same vendor are missing the microchip that allows proper use of these devices. After everybody and their brother made tons of money on knockoffs like this one on previous products without licensing any of them, Apple decided to slow them down with the new embedded microchip (it's mid-wire). They will eventually reproduce it but it won't be cheap to manufacture. The device IS proprietary after all and Apple can charge what they feel is appropriate. If you want a good cheap cable, you're going to have to wait.

I didn't buy my knock off cable from here (my dad bought one while he was in China), my guess is that it's probably from the same supplier.
The cable that I have indeed only works on one side but I don't think it's because of any authentication chip issue. It's because of the crappy build quality. Mine only works on one side because one of the contacts has started to wear off and hence doesn't make complete contact with the phone to charge. I happen to have 2 of these cables and the one that's brand new works no matter which direction that it goes in.

I wanted extra cables for charging in the car, so if it works for that I am happy

Dil

i got a generic off of eBay (took 2 months to ship) but it seems to work fine for now.

From the beginning of iPhone time I've bought the lousy old hongkong cables & cradles and had 50/50 luck w/ them. For me, @ this point, I'm chalking it up to a great gift to ask for @ Christmas time. Tired of trying to RMA something that cost $4 w/ a company that doesn't even think its broken.

Is this cable longer than the one that comes with the iphone 5? cause that crap is short as helllll

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014