QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Virgin Mobile iPhone 4 & 4S at Radioshack - $349 & $449 prepaid NO CONTRACT + $80 in coupons .. $30/mo iPhone!

First page
1 of 5
S105dude
11/18/12 8:08 PM
iPhone 4/4S at RadioShack - the price just dropped today. Not sure if it's a sale or how long the price will last. In comparison, Target will have the Virgin Mobile iPhones for $399 and $499 but with a $100 gift card. So.. The deals are comparable but Target is better if you shop there more.

iPhone 4 8GB white and black: $349
iPhone 4S 16GB white and black: $449

Virgin Mobile runs off of Sprint's 3G network, and there is NO CONTRACT.

Plans are:
$35/mo = 300 min
$45/mo = 1200 min
$55/mo = unlimited min
*ALL include unlimited data (2.5GB soft cap) and unlimited messages

There's a $5 discount per month if you use auto-pay so it becomes $30/40/50 a month instead. I chose the $30/mo plan.

I know people are going to ask if this can be unlocked.. The iPhone 4 does NOT have a SIM card slot, while the 4S does. It's locked to Virgin Mobile so you'll have to figure out how to unlock it but it can be done. Virgin Mobile will not provide the unlock code. Buying this phone requires in-store activation but you don't need to add airtime when you buy it.

They're also running a promo for a $10 off coupon for every $50 you spend, so you should get $80-90 in $10 off coupons. I think you have to use them one at a time but the guy I bought my iPhone from said he'll try and stack them and see if the register will take it.

Thanks to "the7thwitness" on Howard Forums for finding the price drop!
WikiPost
11/18/12 8:09 PM
Virgin Mobile iPhone 4 & 4S [ image/jpeg - 63.59kB ]
timswim78
11/18/12 8:14 PM
Fabulous deal for those who want an iPhone on a budget.
lanwarrior
11/18/12 9:05 PM
Just a note: I had VM pre-paid service, both for cellular and broadband and I had horrible coverage. This is mainly in Western region and Mid-West (I travel 50% of the time). Cellular connection dropped more often than AT&T and the mobile broadband is slow too.

I am not sure if Sprint put "less priority" on the VM's signal or something, but it's worst than Sprint.
QuasiMatter
11/18/12 9:08 PM
I thought iPhone4 does have a sim card slot. Am I missing something? My AT&T iPhone4 unlock is coming up (2 year over) - could I take it to VirginMobile for the above mentioend rate?
arribasn
11/18/12 9:10 PM
QuasiMatter said:   

I thought iPhone4 does have a sim card slot. Am I missing something? My AT&T iPhone4 unlock is coming up (2 year over) - could I take it to VirginMobile for the above mentioend rate?

Only Virgin branded phones work on VM, the VM iphone is a "locked" CDMA phone with no SIM slot.
chinalex
11/18/12 9:13 PM
Can anybody give comments on this deal in comparison with other carriers in contract? Thanks.
chantspel
11/18/12 9:32 PM
chinalex said:   

Can anybody give comments on this deal in comparison with other carriers in contract? Thanks.

30/mo is much better deal than any contract plan. I pay ~120 mo for 2 iPhones on att
beachfitrob
11/18/12 9:45 PM
An unlocked GSM iPhone is $73 more if you use Shop Discover and buy it from Apple online. $450-6%=$27 CashBack.

Net $516 for the 4S.

Arguably easier to sell with more network/MVNO choices.
lilstabber
11/18/12 9:58 PM
permantent price cut?
First page
1 of 5
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.