Lifetime Cash Back:

Discover - Double Cashback on Black Friday

First page
1 of 5
Butcherboy
11/19/12 2:40 AM
Discover - Double CashBack on Black Friday

Just saw this after logging on to Discover account,

<Name>, any purchases you make with your Discover card on Friday, November 23 earns you extra rewards!

Discover Page www.discover.com

GET 2% CashBack BONUS

rmsrox op
WikiPost
11/19/12 2:40 AM
Discover [ image/jpeg - 3.06kB ]
HTN
11/19/12 3:11 AM
I saw the promotion in my Account home page, but it says my card was ineligible upon signing up. I've got the Discover More card.

EDIT: Not sure what was up with their system earlier this morning, but I just tried at 9:20 AM EST with success.
DirtCheap
11/19/12 3:13 AM
Oops. We're Sorry.

Your account is ineligible for this Double promotion. On the bright side, here is another way you can earn extra rewards:
surfing4dough
11/19/12 3:36 AM
DirtCheap said:   

Oops. We're Sorry.

Your account is ineligible for this Double promotion. On the bright side, here is another way you can earn extra rewards:

Ditto
cpaynter
11/19/12 6:10 AM
Worked for us x 2 plus equivalent offer on Discover Miles card:

Dear cpaynter,

Get 2% CashBack Bonus on all your purchases Friday, November 23, 2012. Just use your Discover card for all of your Black Friday shopping and kick off the holiday season with extra rewards!

Dear cpaynter's wife,

Get 2% CashBack Bonus on all your purchases Friday, November 23, 2012. Just use your Discover card for all of your Black Friday shopping and kick off the holiday season with extra rewards!

Dear cpaynter's wife,

Get Double Miles on all your purchases Friday, November 23, 2012. Just use your Discover card for all of your Black Friday shopping and kick off the holiday season with extra rewards!

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

Chris.
respdoc
11/19/12 6:30 AM
Very YMMV..
MISTERCHEAP
11/19/12 7:00 AM
respdoc said:   

Very YMMV..

not really,

it's known which types of discover cards get these deal and which don't.

if you have the Discover basic, Discover Open Road all accounts qualify.

Certain air miles type cards and some other unique types typically don't get these deals since the cards feature a different rewards system tied to other things.
respdoc
11/19/12 7:05 AM
MISTERCHEAP said:   

respdoc said:   

Very YMMV..

not really,

it's known which types of discover cards get these deal and which don't.

if you have the Discover basic, Discover Open Road all accounts qualify.

Certain air miles type cards and some other unique types typically don't get these deals since the cards feature a different rewards system tied to other things.

I guess that would remotely make sense....if I didn't have one of the cards where "all accounts qualify"...and I didn't get the offer. It also appears, per the previous posts...I'm not alone. Even though an account has the ability to get the offer...a lot more criteria must go into it. Based on other similar Discover CB threads...some of these deals appear more YMMV than others...this seems to be one of them.
suezyque
11/19/12 7:11 AM
I got it.
First page
1 of 5
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.