• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Discover - Double CashBack on Black Friday

Just saw this after logging on to Discover account,

<Name>, any purchases you make with your Discover card on Friday, November 23 earns you extra rewards!

Discover Page www.discover.com

GET 2% CashBack BONUS

rmsrox op

Member Summary

Discover
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I could not find the link as easy as others. Try this URL:

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/rewards/app/doubl... (more)

rasheedb (Nov. 21, 2012 @ 12:01p) |

I e-mailed customer service, and they said that all the various promotions (10% through ShopDiscover, 5% for online purc... (more)

KMCHERRY (Nov. 21, 2012 @ 12:06p) |

Thanks. At least it will directly tell's if you qualify: " Your account is ineligible for this Double promotion"

respdoc (Nov. 21, 2012 @ 12:10p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I saw the promotion in my Account home page, but it says my card was ineligible upon signing up. I've got the Discover More card.

EDIT: Not sure what was up with their system earlier this morning, but I just tried at 9:20 AM EST with success.

Oops. We're Sorry.

Your account is ineligible for this Double promotion. On the bright side, here is another way you can earn extra rewards:

DirtCheap said:   Oops. We're Sorry.

Your account is ineligible for this Double promotion. On the bright side, here is another way you can earn extra rewards:

Ditto

Worked for us x 2 plus equivalent offer on Discover Miles card:

Dear cpaynter,

Get 2% CashBack Bonus on all your purchases Friday, November 23, 2012. Just use your Discover card for all of your Black Friday shopping and kick off the holiday season with extra rewards!

Dear cpaynter's wife,

Get 2% CashBack Bonus on all your purchases Friday, November 23, 2012. Just use your Discover card for all of your Black Friday shopping and kick off the holiday season with extra rewards!

Dear cpaynter's wife,

Get Double Miles on all your purchases Friday, November 23, 2012. Just use your Discover card for all of your Black Friday shopping and kick off the holiday season with extra rewards!

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

Chris.

Very YMMV..

respdoc said:   Very YMMV..

not really,

it's known which types of discover cards get these deal and which don't.

if you have the Discover basic, Discover Open Road all accounts qualify.

Certain air miles type cards and some other unique types typically don't get these deals since the cards feature a different rewards system tied to other things.

MISTERCHEAP said:   respdoc said:   Very YMMV..

not really,

it's known which types of discover cards get these deal and which don't.

if you have the Discover basic, Discover Open Road all accounts qualify.

Certain air miles type cards and some other unique types typically don't get these deals since the cards feature a different rewards system tied to other things.

I guess that would remotely make sense....if I didn't have one of the cards where "all accounts qualify"...and I didn't get the offer. It also appears, per the previous posts...I'm not alone. Even though an account has the ability to get the offer...a lot more criteria must go into it. Based on other similar Discover CB threads...some of these deals appear more YMMV than others...this seems to be one of them.

I got it.

Thanks. My Discover More card qualified.

Got it. 2% + 5% online + shopdiscover FTW.

How much is their regular Cash Back, like 0.25%?? so that promotion would make it 0.5%?

I got it on all of my 4 household cards, 3 Discover more and 1 recently converted Discover Miles card.

any purchases you make with your Discover card on Friday, November 23 earns you extra rewards!

Thank You, You're Now Signed Up!

Converted Discover Platinum to Open Road Card to Miles card was eligible.

I can't find the place to enroll my card. There is no 2% promotion on their main page. Help!

likethemcheap said:   Thanks. My Discover More card qualified.
Base upon your success on the More card, I decided to try again and with success this time. Not sure what was up with their system earlier this morning.

Thanks OP! Worked for me as well!

You do have to sign up for this upon logging in.

I was also given this offer:
Get unlimited 2% CashBack Bonus on all your Phone, TV, and Internet bills through 2012 when you pay them automatically with your Discover card.

ablang said:   I was also given this offer:
Get unlimited 2% CashBack Bonus on all your Phone, TV, and Internet bills through 2012 when you pay them automatically with your Discover card.

You're a little late for that one, it's probably been in your account all year. I've been racking up the CB on landline, cell and cable/internet all year. Sitting on a decent amount of CB, hoping for the Shell gift cards again or something similar.

Oh, also signed up for the 2% on BF. Thanks OP.

wow..worked well...and guys do remember...

if ur making purchase lets say Sears....through shop discover - it has already 10% CashBack. And now quaterly promotion is 5% upto 1500...so intotal we can get 15% and 2%extra on NOV 23...so it can make up to 17% CB!

I did recently on apple IPAD which i purchased via SHOPDISCOVE--TARGET and called customer support and they have informed 10% CB i am eligible. but againg before u buy please make sure to chat with DISCOVER guys and go with shopdiscover as there are few restrictions...

mvkkreddy said:   wow..worked well...and guys do remember...Also, it's my understanding that the card needs to be charged the day of the bonus deal. As we know, some merchants do not charge until an item ships.

How are you guys using the miles? It's hard to find anything worth $1 = 1 mile but for miles spent on Amazon.com. I now have 25,000 miles in my account.

bru20 said:   ablang said:   I was also given this offer:

You're a little late for that one, it's probably been in your account all year. I've been racking up the CB on landline, cell and cable/internet all year. Sitting on a decent amount of CB, hoping for the Shell gift cards again or something similar.

Yeah, it's been around, but it's now been extended through 2013, so that is new. Doesn't do anything for me, as I'm using my USBank Cash+ to get 6.56% on all of those plus other utilities. And if not for that, I'd still be getting 5% on Phone, Internet, TV, etc. through my Chase Ink Cash.

Chris.

Edit: Nevermind. Misread. 2% Utility payment credit is only through 2012.

jolapo said:   I can't find the place to enroll my card. There is no 2% promotion on their main page. Help!

Log into your account, then click on the Account Profile link at the top. Scroll down through all of the contact info, etc., and get to the CashBack section. There you'll see what you're signed up for and what other offers (if any) are available to you.

Chris.

Got it assigned against my 7+ years good CB Discover card. Now, the question is what to buy for this BF. I am trying to get a 60, 60+ 3D HDTV and am not getting anything from Sears that'd probably provide the best bang for the buck. Any advise?

jucus said:   How much is their regular Cash Back, like 0.25%?? so that promotion would make it 0.5%?

No, it's a straight-up 2%, regardless of where you are in your rewards tier. Also note that purchases that get the 2% don't count toward your spending tier.

Chris.

makharaja said:   Got it assigned against my 7+ years good CB Discover card. Now, the question is what to buy for this BF. I am trying to get a 60, 60+ 3D HDTV and am not getting anything from Sears that'd probably provide the best bang for the buck. Any advise?

Amazon? Or somewhere else online? All online purchases would qualify for the 5% on online purchases, plus the 2% = 7% CashBack. Even better, if it's somewhere online that is also on ShopDiscover, you could get the 7% plus whatever the ShopDiscover is for that merchant. If you're stuck on B&M, some department store for the 5% there. Why not Sears? I'm not sure what other department stores you have available to you. Of course, there's always WorstBuy if you want to just get the 2%. I'm not sure what their BF deals on TV are. If it's an option to you, you could try someplace like HHGregg, again just for the 2%.

Chris.

cpaynter said:   bru20 said:   ablang said:   I was also given this offer:

Yeah, it's been around, but it's now been extended through 2013, so that is new. Doesn't do anything for me, as I'm using my USBank Cash+ to get 6.56% on all of those plus other utilities. And if not for that, I'd still be getting 5% on Phone, Internet, TV, etc. through my Chase Ink Cash.

Chris.

Where did you see it's been extended through 2013? My profile still says through 2012.

likethemcheap said:   cpaynter said:   bru20 said:   ablang said:   I was also given this offer:

Chris.

Where did you see it's been extended through 2013? My profile still says through 2012.

Yeah, you're right. Must have been hallucinating, or it was just early morning haze.

Chris.

likethemcheap said:   Where did you see it's been extended through 2013? My profile still says through 2012.
He edited it. It would be nice if the telecommunications bonus did continue, maybe they'll reoffer it.

If not I have to remember to change the auto pays to my other CB cards. At least I'll get 1% on those. And maybe Citi will have their 1Q '13 bonus be utilities again. That was a money maker.

bru20 said:   ablang said:   I was also given this offer:

That's OK. Never again will I allow those Comcr@p bast@rds to have access to my CC info.

ablang said:   That's OK. Never again will I allow those Comcr@p bast@rds to have access to my CC info.
I don't have Comcast. Auto renew shouldn't be an issue. What do they do, mischarge or something? If so it's easy to dispute charges. Based on someones average cable/internet bill this CB promo was worth a decent amount. Doesn't matter though if it's ending.

Logged into my account and sign-up was on the home page.

Thanks!

Thanks op!

Pretty simple for me............You're now signed up to earn DOUBLE CashBack Bonus on purchases with your Discover card.

CLARIFICATION: You still get the normal 1/4% or 1%
EXAMPLE: Buy from Sears online (5%) through Shop Discover (10%) + 2% bonus + normal 1/4 or 1% = 17-1/4% or 18% CashBack.

thanks...in

tracfancier said:   CLARIFICATION: You still get the normal 1/4% or 1%
EXAMPLE: Buy from Sears online (5%) through Shop Discover (10%) + 2% bonus + normal 1/4 or 1% = 17-1/4% or 18% CashBack.
No, you don't get the "default" .25% -> 1% CB.

Skipping 6 Messages...
rasheedb said:   I could not find the link as easy as others. Try this URL:

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/rewards/app/doubleda...

It might be best to login to your normal account then copy/paste this URL into the same browser.

Rasheed

Thanks. At least it will directly tell's if you qualify: " Your account is ineligible for this Double promotion"

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.