• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon $5/year magazine subscriptions (Maxim - print + kindle, Cosmo, Popular Science, Popular Mechanics, Family Handyman, Parents, Parents, more)Amazon [Amazon.com] is offering 45 magazines for $5/year.

Some of them are:

Maxim (Print + Kindle)
Cosmo
Parents
Parenting
Family Handyman
Seventeen
Popular Science
Popular Mechanics
More

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UT...

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Magazines
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Since they all come with auto-renewal, anyone have any experience on whether they let you turn it off immediately after purchasing, or do you need to wait until closer to the renewal date?

Almost all these we can get for free throughout the year (if you follow the Free Forum), but there are 1 or 2 that I haven't seen come up for free.

WideOpenSpaces said:   Since they all come with auto-renewal, anyone have any experience on whether they let you turn it off immediately after purchasing, or do you need to wait until closer to the renewal date?

Almost all these we can get for free throughout the year (if you follow the Free Forum), but there are 1 or 2 that I haven't seen come up for free.

you can remove auto renew on ANY magz. at Amazon.

after you order, go into your subscription manager in "MY ACCOUNT" and remove it. easy peezy!

WideOpenSpaces said:   Since they all come with auto-renewal, anyone have any experience on whether they let you turn it off immediately after purchasing, or do you need to wait until closer to the renewal date?

have to disagree on that statement.

TV Guide hasn't been free in 2 years. Fam Handyman, Cosmo, Pop Sci/Mech, Readers Digest, etc are rarely, if ever offered as freebies.

Maxim, More, Car-Driver, etc, yes, those are pretty frequent ones. However, this works well if you're looking to give as a gift. Hard to do the freebies as gifts since some never show up and don't come with a gift announcement.

Consumer Reports is not on the list, and Amazon has it at the regular subscription price. Does anyone know of a discount site for Consumer Reports that is not a scam? Given how long it takes to process magazine subscriptions it easy for the scam sites to get away with it.

kmand said:   Consumer Reports is not on the list, and Amazon has it at the regular subscription price. Does anyone know of a discount site for Consumer Reports that is not a scam? Given how long it takes to process magazine subscriptions it easy for the scam sites to get away with it.

there should be a deal soon, on Black Friday, Magazines.com should be offering 50-60% CashBack thru Ebates.

So you can get a Consumer Reports sub for about 1/2 price after Cash Back that way. That is usually one of the best ways to get a deal on a mag like Consumers and Magazines.com is highly reputable.

Thank you for the heads up. Got my mom Veranda magazine (which she adores)

If you click on some magazines, you can get 12 issues (1yr) with-out auto renewal fro $5.00.
For example popular mechanics, cosmo.

MISTERCHEAP said:   kmand said:   Consumer Reports is not on the list, and Amazon has it at the regular subscription price. Does anyone know of a discount site for Consumer Reports that is not a scam? Given how long it takes to process magazine subscriptions it easy for the scam sites to get away with it.

there should be a deal soon, on Black Friday, Magazines.com should be offering 50-60% CashBack thru Ebates.

So you can get a Consumer Reports sub for about 1/2 price after Cash Back that way. That is usually one of the best ways to get a deal on a mag like Consumers and Magazines.com is highly reputable.

Checked it out today. Consumer Reports is not in its half off list at Magazines.com for BF, and sells for list price.

"ESPN.com the magazine" is on the list for any sports fans.

kmand said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   kmand said:   Consumer Reports is not on the list, and Amazon has it at the regular subscription price. Does anyone know of a discount site for Consumer Reports that is not a scam? Given how long it takes to process magazine subscriptions it easy for the scam sites to get away with it.

Checked it out today. Consumer Reports is not in its half off list at Magazines.com for BF, and sells for list price.

It's too late for the Black Friday deal at Magazines.com, but just to clarify, while Consumer Reports may not have been on their half price list, any magazine subscription purchased yesterday on Magazines.com via Ebates gave 52% Cash Back, so ultimately they were half price.

Ebates has this 52% Magazines.com deal every few months, not just on Black Friday, so if you don't need to renew right away, it's worth waiting for the next one (assuming they continue as they have in the past). I've had very good experience with them -- the only thing is that you need to call to turn off auto-renewal, but that process is pretty easy.

Thanks, I hadn't understood the Ebates angle. I ended up at discountpress.com at $19.95 which is only a 31% discount. Hope it isn't a scam. I'll look for the Ebates discount next year.

For anyone following this tangent, right now Ebates has 52% Cash Back again for Cyber Monday.

Magazines: Psychology Today 2-years $15, Architectural Digest 3-years $15, Outside Magazine 2-years $8

www.DiscountMags.com has Psychology Today Magazine for $15 for 2 years when you apply coupon code 3458 at checkout.
Architectural Digest (3-years) $15
use code 6885
Outside Magazine (2-years) $8
use code 6111

11.0% Cash Back is Available when you see the Cash Back symbol.
(Using coupons without FatWallet's Cash Back symbol may void Cash Back)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014