• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Target in Pinole, CA has Seagate 1TB USB3.0 2.5" Backup Plus Portable external HDD for $49.99.
PN: 1D8AN5-570 UPC: 763649038666. There were 4 or 5 units left last night.

Member Summary

Seagate portable 1TB USB3.0
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
DPCI: 080000381 (1TB version)
DPCI: 080000398 (750 GB version)
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Oooh, this is what I was looking for. I've never lucked out with Target clearances though

~Paik

I saw that yesterday too but thought it was a price mistake, since they had the same model listed for 79.99 or 69.99 a few spots down on the shelf

Just tried my local Target in Northern VA and they were ringing up at regular price of $99.99. Sad Good luck to everyone else!

~Paik

Yeah, the 49.99 one was a 500gig drive, I noticed it also and the employee looked at it and said it was a mistake.

It's not a clearance, it's a sale item. There's a discrepancy between the shelf tag and what's in the register. If you take the tag and drive to the register, there's a good chance they will honor the price on the tag.

You can get this in Chicago for $59.99. Also WD Passport 1TB sales for $69.99. Now, the question is: which one is a better?

what Target in Chicago?

Yeah it was marked 49.99 at the tag but it rang up 69.99. There was another tag with the same drive marked 69.99 but neither tag had the right skew on it. I told the clerk about the 49.99 price at the tag and he made an adjustment no problemo. He said something about them being in the wrong zone so it's worth a try. Worked for me. BTY this was in Mission, TX but all gone now....

It was 59.99 in Dallas. Got 2..

megaallstar said:   There was another tag with the same drive marked 69.99 but neither tag had the right skew on it.Maybe they skewed the SKU...

aarzi said:   megaallstar said:   There was another tag with the same drive marked 69.99 but neither tag had the right skew on it.Maybe they skewed the SKU...You're implying that the price was SKU'd up?

Got 1 at Target in Irondequoit, NY. Still had 2 or 3 on the shelf. I had to press the electronics guy to honor the advertised price, but customer service did it with no hassle.

I got the last one and the guy adjusted the price to $49.99. Funny thing is, there was about 10 500GB drives sitting there and the one 1TB. But the sign clearly said 1TB. I'm surprised Target is not honoring an advertised price sticker. I would have gone to a manager if they didn't honor mine. I guess I got lucky.

jaimelobo said:   aarzi said:   megaallstar said:   There was another tag with the same drive marked 69.99 but neither tag had the right skew on it.Maybe they skewed the SKU...You're implying that the price was SKU'd up?

Or someone got SKRU'd.

The 1TB was mentioned in this thread.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1234448/

I just checked the 1TB and it scanned at $59.99. I didn't check SKU numbers well on the shelf but it was behind the tag marked $69.99. I don't think there was a tag for $49.99.

Target in Macedonia Ohio had the 1TB "expansion" unit priced at $59.99 and the "backup" unit marked at $69.99. There were three and one (respectively) left when I was done.

Took the $49.99 tag from Cypresswood to Woodlands and bought 3. Rang up $69 but took $20 off to match tag. This was the 1 TB Plus not the Expansion

gkpotluri said:   It was 59.99 in Dallas. Got 2..

iioossiidd said:   what Target in Chicago?

Target at Milwaukee + Greenwood (in Niles, IL) at Golf Mill shopping center.

I just bought one at $49.99 at Nashville, TN target store. There are still 3-4 available on the shelf. It is clearly labelled $49.99, it says the price good between 11/22 - 11/24. At same area Seagate 1tb expension is $59.99, the package color is different. The $49.99 one name is Backup plus.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.