Game Stop Black Friday Ad

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Game Stop Black Friday Ad

GameStop
See GameStop coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

ps3 (75.60kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
got $269 for about 20 games (dsi and xbox) and the old 360. Received $55 for the 360 plus the $50 extra credit for in-s... (more)

darby427 (Nov. 21, 2012 @ 10:07p) |

Will the refurbished Kinect with game be available online at 12:01am? Most of the deals already started online and not s... (more)

shallowpockets (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 8:02p) |

The sensor was this price earlier but you could not add it to cart, now it is not able to be added, will it be able to b... (more)

schmedy (Nov. 22, 2012 @ 8:15p) |

Thanks

Funny how they show the slim PS3 pic, but its supposed to be a super slim bundle for $200

jatan1986 said:   Thanks

Funny how they show the slim PS3 pic, but its supposed to be a super slim bundle for $200

..... I'm so confused...

Do you work for GS marketing, or somewhere for them in corporate?

I know the popular bundle is the new model, but I don't put it past GS to shovel off the leftovers.

did I miss something or did the ad get taken down?

ebbikenezer said:   
..... I'm so confused...

Do you work for GS marketing, or somewhere for them in corporate?

I know the popular bundle is the new model, but I don't put it past GS to shovel off the leftovers.
I dont work for them, but all retailers are supposed to get the PS3 super slim black friday bundle so GS should get the same one as the rest

Should look like this: http://www.amazon.com/250GB-Black-Friday-Bundle-PlayStation-3/dp...

Looks like it got taken down. It was there originally.

Ad is up. Nothing good though. A lot of things are just regular price (Beats audio, Black OPs 2 etc).

thanks! looks like the cheap ass gamer info was accurate!

for me the deal is the double system trade in value and store credit bonus for games - with the old xbox, old dsi and about 30 games that the kids dont play anymore should be close enough to walk out of there with the 4gb kinect bundle for less than $20 out of pocket.

Sad part is.. think of all the $$ spend on the games over the years

nothing good on anything new. only good deals on used stuff.

darby427 said:   for me the deal is the double system trade in value and store credit bonus for games - with the old xbox, old dsi and about 30 games that the kids dont play anymore should be close enough to walk out of there with the 4gb kinect bundle for less than $20 out of pocket.

Sad part is.. think of all the $$ spend on the games over the years

Even with double system trade in value, you'll get a better return if you flebay it or craig list it...

Anyone know if the Pre-owned Kinect Sensor w/ Kinect Adventures game $39.99 includes the AC Adapter for use with older, non-slim Xbox 360s? Thanks!

PS I joined Tuesday, December 5th 2006 and it still says New Member, LOL!

daftande said:   Anyone know if the Pre-owned Kinect Sensor w/ Kinect Adventures game $39.99 includes the AC Adapter for use with older, non-slim Xbox 360s? Thanks!

Probably -- looks like this one: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-kinect-sen...

If it doesnt then you can probably buy one online -- they're usually $5-10 shipped on eBay

You're right they have both with & without adapter -- not sure, you can try calling your local GS on Wed to see what they say

Still a great deal without, Im just wondering since if I need an AC adapter I wanna order it ASAP.

daftande said:   Anyone know if the Pre-owned Kinect Sensor w/ Kinect Adventures game $39.99 includes the AC Adapter for use with older, non-slim Xbox 360s? Thanks!

Cause you only have 10 posts!

BTW - I can't find it for $40. And the links posted all give me "bad request"

Its not $39.99 until Thurs/Fri.

I've thought about that and even threw it up on craigslist - best offer I got was $75 and they wanted both controllers. To me it boils down to a convenience factor vs the hassle of parting with 30 plus games and two systems (dsi and 360) As long as I can get around $250 in credit I am good with it. I have not had good luck with games on craigslist or fleabay.

In store only i'm guessing for the xbox 250gb deal.

Green for posting but it doesn't look like any really great deals. Last year they had some good PS3 games for $9.99. This year I'm not seeing any great game deals anywhere. It's mostly all $10-20 off relatively new releases (that will just be even cheaper yet in a few months) instead real bargains on older and second string games.

I have a 4gb 360, still in the box, and a used 4gb 360 special edition with kinect adventures + sports.
Looking to get rid of both of them for a ps3 and maybe nba 2k13. is this bf GameStop double credit deal the best option?
it seems like I could give someone a good deal on the unopened one and I'd still get more than gs would likely give me. I doubt they give you more for unopened stuff than used.
Their prices for preowned/refurbished ps3s seem high to me too.

B2G1 free on used games is now active for PowerUp rewards members. But it's actually coming up as B1G1 free online right now.

And it also stacks the additional 10% discount.

dennygreen2009 said:   I have a 4gb 360, still in the box, and a used 4gb 360 special edition with kinect adventures + sports.
Looking to get rid of both of them for a ps3 and maybe nba 2k13. is this bf GameStop double credit deal the best option?
it seems like I could give someone a good deal on the unopened one and I'd still get more than gs would likely give me. I doubt they give you more for unopened stuff than used.

They won't take unopened games or systems in trade. It's company policy, I work there part time, 2nd job. The double system trade in credit is the biggest loss GS suffers whenever they run that special, used games obviously they make a killing on.

That being said: The price value for trade ins can be modified at any time by corporate and set in the system, and EVERY time they do the double credit deal on systems they lower it soooo..... my best guess is a PS3 will probably trade in for ~$120-140 (that's double value) an Xbox probably $88-110 (slim model) and MAYBE $40-50 for a Wii. That's based on what I just asked the Store Manager the values are right now, and how much I think they'll drop by Friday, having seen this sale quite a few times.

Edit: OPEN anything you are trading in BEFORE entering the store, else they won't take it from your for at least 48 hours, it's company policy.

Stupid question, but do the systems have to actually be in working condition to trade them in?

NotoriousBBC said:   Stupid question, but do the systems have to actually be in working condition to trade them in?

No, they can take it in as "Defective", here's the scoop:

-You will lose $12-20 of your trade-in credit, as they send it in to be fixed.
-You HAVE to have: The system, the power cord, and the A/V connection and a branded controller (one that would come with a system if you bought it new). The A/V connection, they prefer just the component cables in some of the stores while others don't care, it's manager discretion, so call your local GS if you are questioning that.

-They can also take games as defective when they are scratched up, same deal, you'll lose $1-5 depending on the value of the game, they send it in to be resurfaced.

-They will NOT take REALLY dirty systems, or smelly ones (I swear, some people use their PS3's as cat litter boxes). People have to realize: They want to be able to resell the product, so they're not going to take in your garbage that no one will buy, but usually their standards are questionable.

Edit: If you're trading in a system and have extra parts/pieces lying around you don't need/want, bring them in, they may not trade for much but if they're just going to sit there why not get something for them? This would include extra A/V cables, extra controllers, ethernet cables, etc etc. I usually defer people to craigslist, but GS isn't as picky as most people on CL about what they take in.

NotoriousBBC said:   Stupid question, but do the systems have to actually be in working condition to trade them in?
According to their website the answer is no. They will take non-working systems which I think they refurb themselves.

Good advice. Give me your thoughts on this - Yesterday, I was quoted $35 for my old school 360 pro /w/ 20gb hard drive and NO HDMI. That was after the refurb fee. My expectations are that with Black Fridays double system trade I am expecting around $70 for the 360. Same deal with a dsi - was quoted $25 yesterday so I am expecting about $50 on Friday. Do you think that is accurate?

thanks!

ebbikenezer said:   

They won't take unopened games or systems in trade. It's company policy, I work there part time, 2nd job. The double system trade in credit is the biggest loss GS suffers whenever they run that special, used games obviously they make a killing on.

That being said: The price value for trade ins can be modified at any time by corporate and set in the system, and EVERY time they do the double credit deal on systems they lower it soooo..... my best guess is a PS3 will probably trade in for ~$120-140 (that's double value) an Xbox probably $88-110 (slim model) and MAYBE $40-50 for a Wii. That's based on what I just asked the Store Manager the values are right now, and how much I think they'll drop by Friday, having seen this sale quite a few times.

Edit: OPEN anything you are trading in BEFORE entering the store, else they won't take it from your for at least 48 hours, it's company policy.

darby427 said:   Good advice. Give me your thoughts on this - Yesterday, I was quoted $35 for my old school 360 pro /w/ 20gb hard drive and NO HDMI. That was after the refurb fee. My expectations are that with Black Fridays double system trade I am expecting around $70 for the 360. Same deal with a dsi - was quoted $25 yesterday so I am expecting about $50 on Friday. Do you think that is accurate?

thanks!

ebbikenezer said:   

If they offered you $35, it was probably around $40-45 or so, minus the $12-15 refurb fee, the HDD is next to nothing as they don't really sell that well. So, on Friday, they will probably drop the trade in value to maybe $34-38, you would get double on the system so would probably look like this:

$38
Promo (100% Trade-In Value): $76
Refurb Fee: $15
HDD: $2.50

Total trade in credit: $63.50

The DSi would probably be: if you were offered $25 (weird, I thought they were $20 currently), you would probably get maybe $36 or so, they will drop the value before they double it. It will still be more than it was, but not double.

While I am thinking of it, heads up for all: If you're going to do the double trade in: Get there as soon as possible, sometimes the system takes a little bit to update with the new trade in values.

That's just a guesstimate, based on my couple years experience as a part timer, but that seems right around what I would expect.

The last prices I saw for system trade in values as of 11/13 (Blops2 launch) were:

PSP: $20
Arcade Xbox360 : $50
PS3: $75
Xbox 360 Slim: $70
Wii: $30

These could, of course, be vastly different now, but that's only a week ago prices. Thursday night/Friday AM they will change, but I think the only drastic changes will be Arcade 360 and Wii. Probably down to $30 or so and $20 or so respectively.

ebbikenezer said:   dennygreen2009 said:   I have a 4gb 360, still in the box, and a used 4gb 360 special edition with kinect adventures + sports.

Thanks for the info. They have a $50 bonus on system trades now. The value for a 160 gb PS3 slim is $90 as of yesterday. I wonder if I should just take that now and not deal with the hassle.

primetime4 said:   ebbikenezer said:   dennygreen2009 said:   I have a 4gb 360, still in the box, and a used 4gb 360 special edition with kinect adventures + sports.

Thanks for the info. They have a $50 bonus on system trades now. The value for a 160 gb PS3 slim is $90 as of yesterday. I wonder if I should just take that now and not deal with the hassle.

If it's $90 and then another $50, I would just do it, I don't think you'll be getting any more than that with double as the PS3 trade in value will probably be ~65-70 then anyways, making it the same $140. If it's $90 WITH the $50, someone may be trying to rip you off, or they are taking in everything as defective......

Yes it's $90 + the $50. I am heading there now. Thanks again for the great info. Bestbuy will give $150 but I have to ship it to them.

Also: You can have them give you a code (at the B&M store) for free shipping on GameStop.com, and you can put your trade-in credit on a card to use on the website. And... there's no tax on trade-in credit when you use it, it's not taxable as it's money they are giving you that have already been taxed before. So, when you are using trade-ins for a purchase, realize that whatever amount is trade-in credit will not be taxed. It's always refreshing to me when they ring it up and that damn NY 8% isn't on there.

got $269 for about 20 games (dsi and xbox) and the old 360. Received $55 for the 360 plus the $50 extra credit for in-store trade. $105 for the old girl is a good deal and wasn't worth waiting until friday with the double credit. Walked out with the kinect 360 bundle and $6 left on my trade card. Will go back friday to trade the old dsi in for about $40-50 credit

Will the refurbished Kinect with game be available online at 12:01am? Most of the deals already started online and not sure if I missed out already.

The sensor was this price earlier but you could not add it to cart, now it is not able to be added, will it be able to be added at 12?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014