• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Logitech 970-000004 Revue with Google TV OEM - 69.99 after rebate

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...

Question- Not sure if any better deals are out there or any other coupon that could be applied.

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Logitech 970-000004 Revue
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

imtiaz78 (Dec. 16, 2012 @ 12:58a) |

Yes, i share my file on mač using majestic.
Veru easy

imtiaz78 (Dec. 16, 2012 @ 1:02a) |

imtiaz78 (Dec. 16, 2012 @ 1:02a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

WARNING! WARNING!
You will NOT have access to Hulu Plus.

Other than that a great product! I like the ability to surf the web on my tv. Much better than the old WevTV products of years gone by.

This is a failed product the CEO in an interview said so...so bargain hunters buy it and find out its a dead fish

Do you know if this would play any movie format from usb?

please do not buy this....this thing is pure garbage. Just check out the Logitech forums, it's got so many bugs that are not fixable. i bashed mine with a baseball bat bc I was so frustrated with it.

Have to disagree with some of the above posters. It has its limitations, but IMHO, it is the best bang for the buck of it's type. I have four of them. It plays the following video formats via usb or DLNA from a network device ( I use a pogoplug):
Videos: WMV (VC-1) (.asf .wma .wmv), WMV (VC-1) + WMA (.asf .wma .wmv), WMV + WMA (.avi), Xvid (H-264) + AAC (.avi),
Xvid (H-264) + AAC (.mp4), Xvid (H-264) + AAC (.mt2s .mt2), Xvid (MPEG4part2) + AAC (.avi), Xvid (MPEG4part2) + MP3 (.avi)

It is also available at Meritline for $75 for those who don't want to deal with a rebate meritline linkl

It's a "failed" product because they could not make money selling it. I think the original list price was around $300. At $70, it is a bargain.

belgique said:   This is a failed product the CEO in an interview said so...so bargain hunters buy it and find out its a dead fish

i have 4 and love them

skibum43 said:   Have to disagree with some of the above posters. It has its limitations, but IMHO, it is the best bang for the buck of it's type. I have four of them. It plays the following video formats via usb or DLNA from a network device ( I use a pogoplug):
Videos: WMV (VC-1) (.asf .wma .wmv), WMV (VC-1) + WMA (.asf .wma .wmv), WMV + WMA (.avi), Xvid (H-264) + AAC (.avi),
Xvid (H-264) + AAC (.mp4), Xvid (H-264) + AAC (.mt2s .mt2), Xvid (MPEG4part2) + AAC (.avi), Xvid (MPEG4part2) + MP3 (.avi)

It is also available at Meritline for $75 for those who don't want to deal with a rebate meritline linkl

Can you access USB flash / hard drive connected to Revue from the computer?

Not that I am aware of. You can access USB files from another Revue on your network using the Avia media player app The Pogoplug is a great solution. You can normally pick one up for around $20 and you can access it from the revue or a PC.

nitrags said:   Can you access USB flash / hard drive connected to Revue from the computer?

nitrags said:   Do you know if this would play any movie format from usb?

Yes, you can play movies from USB with the GTVbox or aVia players.

no mkv support?

I have the Revue and Vizio Costar. Both products works well. Problem is wifi. If you are using wifi, make sure you have a strong signal. Otherwise, make sure you are connected via network cable.

Out of the two, I prefer Vizio Costar for $99. The remote control is like a regular TV remote vs. a full size keyboard for the Revue.

IF you want to use a flash based service with this: Run away. Flash support is terrible on the Revue, the Slingplayer App is a nightmare of continuous crashes, and the same can be said of a number of other sites (ESPN.com, etc.) Don't count on seeing any fixes either, it's basically abandoned.

MeIsCheap said:   no mkv support?

It does support mkv, I watch mkv files all the time.

Flash is problematic on almost any device and that is as much Adobe's fault as anyone else. With the release of Android 3.2 for google TV, it has improved. Watching ESPN3 used to be more miss than hit and now it seems to work better.

UPSGuy said:   IF you want to use a flash based service with this: Run away. Flash support is terrible on the Revue, the Slingplayer App is a nightmare of continuous crashes, and the same can be said of a number of other sites (ESPN.com, etc.) Don't count on seeing any fixes either, it's basically abandoned.

This is an excellent product, you basically have an Android Tablet interface on your TV and you can play just about anything out there. Love the web, Youtube, Netflix functionalities. The product failed, because it was overpriced, but I'd rather have this than Cable.

I like the product, and this is a good deal for what you get, but be forewarned that Logitech rarely runs the servers that are needed to configure this device. This is what results in the frequent network errors. If you're looking for a real googletv device, I agree with others that the costar is likely a better long term buy.

can i watch movies from icefilms using this?

No, and this thing never stops, there is no standby mode, it sucks 13w when active and 11w when not in use.
NEVER EVER put this in your bedroom, the fan will never stop! Also google tv sucks, 90% normal android apps does not work on it.
Consider yourself warned.

Those android sticks on Amazon for 30 bucks is way way way better, even if they sell for the same price.

cheapo604 said:   can i watch movies from icefilms using this?

But seems like it can as per this blog
http://www.jordanhotmann.com/2012/01/own-google-tv-and-bummed-th...

I was planning to buy one from TD. Have you tried to play from icefilms?

argentum said:   No, and this thing never stops, there is no standby mode, it sucks 13w when active and 11w when not in use.
NEVER EVER put this in your bedroom, the fan will never stop! Also google tv sucks, 90% normal android apps does not work on it.
Consider yourself warned.

Those android sticks on Amazon for 30 bucks is way way way better, even if they sell for the same price.

cheapo604 said:   can i watch movies from icefilms using this?

Price change - now it is 59.99 after rebate.

I have one, I like it. Netflix mostly, can do some other stuff too, email etc. At this price its cool.

nitrags said:   skibum43 said:   Have to disagree with some of the above posters. It has its limitations, but IMHO, it is the best bang for the buck of it's type. I have four of them. It plays the following video formats via usb or DLNA from a network device ( I use a pogoplug):

Yes, i share my file on mač using majestic.
Veru easy

nitrags said:   skibum43 said:   Have to disagree with some of the above posters. It has its limitations, but IMHO, it is the best bang for the buck of it's type. I have four of them. It plays the following video formats via usb or DLNA from a network device ( I use a pogoplug):

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014