Ooma Telo $109.97 @ Sears b&m YMMV

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was at Sears in Indiana Pa. today. They have 4 on the shelf clearanced ticket at $109.97.

I went to get a gift card for Amazon to buy a Nettalk Duo. The Ooma would be a better value but my research shows it is not likely to work with my Replay TV modem. I know Magic Jack doesn't work & Google Voice doesn't work. I had Nettalk last year and it worked ok.

Sears
See Sears promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Ooma Telo
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

jimates said:   I was at Sears in Indiana Pa. today. They have 4 on the shelf clearanced ticket at $109.97.

I went to get a gift card for Amazon to buy a Nettalk Duo. The Ooma would be a better value but my research shows it is not likely to work with my Replay TV modem. I know Magic Jack doesn't work & Google Voice doesn't work. I had Nettalk last year and it worked ok.

Just curious, what makes Ooma the better value? When you divide the nettalk annual cost over 12 months, don't they both cost around $3+ a month for similar features?

Costco will have this for $99 BF sale.

ach1199 said:   Costco will have this for $99 BF sale.
Already $99 in stores, just saw it there this morning.

It's $96 and change at Sears now. I have two, no need for any more, or I'd jump on it.

sillar68 said:   jimates said:   I was at Sears in Indiana Pa. today. They have 4 on the shelf clearanced ticket at $109.97.

Just curious, what makes Ooma the better value? When you divide the nettalk annual cost over 12 months, don't they both cost around $3+ a month for similar features?
Ooma in my zip would be $4.76 a month. Nettalk would be $3.50.

In actual costs the Ooma is more all the way around. I guess the only thing that realy makes it a better value is the resale value of the equipment and the option for upgraded services.

A used Nettalk Duo isn't really worth anything because the year of service after the first year costs about the same as a new unit ($37.26 after taxes and fees). If you let your service lapse then there is also a $4.99 reactivation fee. My total was going to be $42.45 (29.99 + 1.67 + 2.10 + 3.38 + .07 + .25 + 4.99) and a new unit from Amazon is $42, and I can get 12% in perks by buying Amazon gift card.

jimates said:   sillar68 said:   jimates said:   I was at Sears in Indiana Pa. today. They have 4 on the shelf clearanced ticket at $109.97.

Ooma in my zip would be $4.76 a month. Nettalk would be $3.50.

In actual costs the Ooma is more all the way around. I guess the only thing that realy makes it a better value is the resale value of the equipment and the option for upgraded services.

A used Nettalk Duo isn't really worth anything because the year of service after the first year costs about the same as a new unit ($37.26 after taxes and fees). If you let your service lapse then there is also a $4.99 reactivation fee. My total was going to be $42.45 (29.99 + 1.67 + 2.10 + 3.38 + .07 + .25 + 4.99) and a new unit from Amazon is $42, and I can get 12% in perks by buying Amazon gift card.

I never have an experience with NetTalk so can't speak to it's call quality, drop calls, down time etc but I've been using ooma for three years now and the call quality and availability is rock solid. I can't recall the last time we had no phone service due to ooma's fault.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.