• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
SKU 116914 UPC 8-14916-01436-1

Was listed in the store as $39.98 closeout and rang out as $19.98 NIB!!!!!!

Happy Hunting

Office Depot
See Office Depot discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

kindle (69.25kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Kindle 4 (47.62kB)
Thanks homersaysdoh
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Isn't is possible that after searching unsuccessfully for the item and determining their inventory was wrong, they simpl... (more)

Toddler (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 2:51a) |

That's certainly a possibility, so maybe "suspicious" was too strong a word (hence the "(?)" suffix). However, I didn't... (more)

jleh (Nov. 27, 2012 @ 10:19p) |

Same experience here, they couldn't find the 1 that was listed as being in stock.

BigMunch (Nov. 28, 2012 @ 10:18a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Store? Website?

OD is likely Office Depot. I'd say this is a massive YMMV

OOS all around me OP

/edit/ for a stock checker use the link below and replace YYYYY with YOUR zipcode.

http://www.officedepot.com/ajaxhtml/storeAvailability.do?skuId=1...


As with all Clearance OD deals, I have to thank TDMVP73 @ SD for his direction on a stock checker!

goofygrin said:   OD is likely Office Depot. I'd say this is a massive YMMV

Yes this is Office Depot, brick and mortar.

And yes huge YMMV BUT easy to find out quickly. Just use the store customer PC and enter the SKU. It will tell you if that store or any nearby have any.

That SKU 116915 comes up as CHAIR ERGO MULTI MANAGR EMERAL!

Correct sku 116914!!!!

From receipt box had it on wrong

PhoenixMan said:   SKU 116914 UPC 8-14916-01436-1

Was listed in the store as $39.98 closeout and rang out as $19.98 NIB!!!!!!

Happy Hunting


SKU corrected to 116914

Found a second one at another store nearby.

Inventory Checker was on the money

They tried to sell me a $49.99 protection plan for it

I politely declined it

Don't call these stores ahead unless you want to make an employees week!!! If you are close by just drive by and see.

Paramus, NJ shows 1 left.
404 ROUTE 17
RTE. 17 N. & MIDLAND AVE.
PARAMUS, NJ 7652
Phone# (201) 265-6663
Store# 333
1 In Stock
45.75 miles Select Store

Chicago has one:
2928 N. ASHLAND AVENUE
N. ASHLAND & WELLINGTON
CHICAGO, IL 60657
Phone# (773) 868-6161
Store# 225
1 In Stock
4.1 miles Select Store

Atlanta has one:
2284 PEACHTREE RD, N W
PEACHTREE SQUARE
ATLANTA, GA 30309
Phone# (404) 355-4667
Store# 2306
1 In Stock
11.63 miles Select Store



So YMMV but there are some out there. And at this price it is cheaper than a hardback book......

Were these the only stores that had one left?

This is a huge assumption. Employees do not steal deals from customers. I call the stores all the time about deals.

PhoenixMan said:   Don't call these stores ahead unless you want to make an employees week!!! If you are close by just drive by and see.

Paramus, NJ shows 1 left.
404 ROUTE 17
RTE. 17 N. & MIDLAND AVE.
PARAMUS, NJ 7652
Phone# (201) 265-6663
Store# 333
1 In Stock
45.75 miles Select Store

Chicago has one:
2928 N. ASHLAND AVENUE
N. ASHLAND & WELLINGTON
CHICAGO, IL 60657
Phone# (773) 868-6161
Store# 225
1 In Stock
4.1 miles Select Store

Atlanta has one:
2284 PEACHTREE RD, N W
PEACHTREE SQUARE
ATLANTA, GA 30309
Phone# (404) 355-4667
Store# 2306
1 In Stock
11.63 miles Select Store



So YMMV but there are some out there. And at this price it is cheaper than a hardback book......

Thanks OP, got the last one within 100 miles of Augusta, GA - Called beforehand (I know, it's against the first rule of fatwallet) and they verified in stock and held it for me

soxfan2004 said:   Thanks OP, got the last one within 100 miles of Augusta, GA - Called beforehand (I know, it's against the first rule of fatwallet) and they verified in stock and held it for me

It was there when you arrived???

There is 1 in Mishawaka, IN and 1 in Flint, MI. outside of my driving range by a few miles.

Found one. but not at the low price can someone please post reciept for price match?

shank said:   soxfan2004 said:   Thanks OP, got the last one within 100 miles of Augusta, GA - Called beforehand (I know, it's against the first rule of fatwallet) and they verified in stock and held it for me

It was there when you arrived???


Indeed it was!

How can you find SKU number of an item without purchasing or walking into the store?

fatxman said:   This is a huge assumption. Employees do not steal deals from customers. I call the stores all the time about deals.

PhoenixMan said:   Don't call these stores ahead unless you want to make an employees week!!! If you are close by just drive by and

So YMMV but there are some out there. And at this price it is cheaper than a hardback book......

Grabbed the only one in stock. The very helpfull employee said " if I knew they were this price I would have bought one for my mom". I'm glad I didn't call and got the deal

PhDeez said:   OOS all around me OP

/edit/ for a stock checker use the link below and replace YYYYY with YOUR zipcode.

http://www.officedepot.com/ajaxhtml/storeAvailability.do?skuId=1...


As with all Clearance OD deals, I have to thank TDMVP73 @ SD for his direction on a stock checker!


Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!


Receipt (24.28kB)
Disclaimer
Orkine said:   Found one. but not at the low price can someone please post reciept for price match?

Receipt - sorry it's only 75 dpi - if you need a better copy I can scan one later. Best wishes!

Higher Resolution Scan

I got one at the Harbor and orangethorpe in Fullerton CA. They had a 3g wifi keyboard one for 109 and a wifi keyboard one for 87.

To save my neighbors' valuable time, there's nothing showing up in the RTP,NC area.

HTH, Happy Turkey Day!

39.xx in socal. i wonder if a PM is worth trying, since it's already clearanced.

Can someone please check Tulsa, 74133? I can't get the stock checker to work for me.

Not in Memphis checked all 3 stores

knickdigger said:   39.xx in socal. i wonder if a PM is worth trying, since it's already clearanced.

Dumb question but I assume you actually had the cashier ring it out? Because the tags in the store all read $39.98.

PhoenixMan said:   knickdigger said:   39.xx in socal. i wonder if a PM is worth trying, since it's already clearanced.

Dumb question but I assume you actually had the cashier ring it out? Because the tags in the store all read $39.98.

OOS in SW L.A. County, the Office Depot computer showed $39.92 and (strangely) a picture of the Kindle 4 instead of the 3rd. gen Kindle Keyboard.

Actually, soxfan2004 confirms it's the Kindle 4. A steal for $20 and pretty hot for $40. Quick Summary has the wrong image.

PhoenixMan said:   knickdigger said:   39.xx in socal. i wonder if a PM is worth trying, since it's already clearanced.

Dumb question but I assume you actually had the cashier ring it out? Because the tags in the store all read $39.98.
It showed $39.92 on their inventory checker. I had hoped it would ring up 50% less, but didn't. I didn't want to cancel the sale, just because the price turned out to be exactly what the computer said it would be, instead of half-off like I wanted.
Also, there was no tag or display unit for this model, only the newer HD ones. They had to grab it from the back room.

It's the Kindle D01100 to be exact. The manager was very nice at our store. I told him that it's a general rule not to call about these sorts of things because employees will snatch them up. He said they have a company policy against such things. Yeah, I'm sure MANY employees will find ways around this (hiding inventory, getting someone else to come in and buy it for them, etc.) but he was genuine and actually quite impressed with the deal. It's $79 regularly priced there so - A BIG TY to OP. Great find - my wife thanks you for her new Kindle.

manly said:    Actually, soxfan2004 confirms it's the Kindle 4. A steal for $20 and pretty hot for $40. Quick Summary has the wrong image.It's $69 on Amazon. I agree with "$20 is a steal", but $40 is a bit "meh".

Thanks OP. My son got the last one in stock in San Diego County. It was at the Poway store this afternoon. We thought it would be gone before we got there, but the CS rep came back out from the back room with it. The people there at the Poway store were super nice. They even offered to cut the price for a leather Kindle cover that was on clearance. It didn't make sense though to pay more for a leather cover than we were paying for the Kindle itself.
They were really nice there at the Poway branch.

Thanks OP.
I picked up the last one in Everett, WA.
They also had the Touch version for $49.xx so I picked that one as well.

Saw one of the touch version in a South FL store. The price was $99.xx Guess FL has not had the final drop.
Great deal at $49 well done!

Couldn't get the $20, but I got it for $40. I even decided to get the warranty - $8 and if you drop it and it breaks, they replace it for the next two years. I might just drop it in two years.

sparty93 said:   Couldn't get the $20, but I got it for $40. I even decided to get the warranty - $8 and if you drop it and it breaks, they replace it for the next two years. I might just drop it in two years.

Did you read the fine print? A lot of them have the option to give you a gift card at their discretion if they cannot replace it.

Well, close, but no cigar. The Kindle showed as in-stock, but after much searching in the backroom, they determined that the listed one was actually the display model (which doesn't actually work like a "real" one). There is one more store I can check near my Thanksgiving destination that shows as having one in-stock, but I'm not too optimistic.

On the plus side, when the clerk checked their inventory on the computer, the price did come up as $19.98! (Fat lotta good it did me, but still...)

azs1 said:   Well, close, but no cigar. The Kindle showed as in-stock, but after much searching in the backroom, they determined that the listed one was actually the display model (which doesn't actually work like a "real" one).

I had a similar experience too. When I got to the store, only the newer Kindle tablets were on display. I asked if there were any older eInk ones available, and they checked in the back room. They came back with only the older Kindle Keyboard 3G for $107 and the Kindle Keyboard for $87, which I passed on.

I mentioned that their website indicated that they had one of the Kindle 4s available, but was told this was the display model. I asked if I could buy the display model, but was told that it couldn't be sold, and had to be sent back to the manufacturer.

Fair enough -- but what was suspicious (?) though, is that when I checked the store inventory website after I got home, that store went from "1 In Stock" to OOS.

jleh said:   azs1 said:   Well, close, but no cigar. The Kindle showed as in-stock, but after much searching in the backroom, they determined that the listed one was actually the display model (which doesn't actually work like a "real" one).

I had a similar experience too. When I got to the store, only the newer Kindle tablets were on display. I asked if there were any older eInk ones available, and they checked in the back room. They came back with only the older Kindle Keyboard 3G for $107 and the Kindle Keyboard for $87, which I passed on.

I mentioned that their website indicated that they had one of the Kindle 4s available, but was told this was the display model. I asked if I could buy the display model, but was told that it couldn't be sold, and had to be sent back to the manufacturer.

Fair enough -- but what was suspicious (?) though, is that when I checked the store inventory website after I got home, that store went from "1 In Stock" to OOS.


Had same situation a few days ago. Checked with inventory checker and it showed one. Went by the store and the guy I talked to there checked and also showed one in inventory. He went to "get it" and after a while came back with a story that did not add up. Bottom line he said there was none, not a floor model nothing just an error in the inventory. Funny when I ran the checker a few hours later it was showing OOS too. I did find a store with one and was able to get one though not at the 19.98 price. I was able to get an adjustment made later.

Skipping 7 Messages...
Same experience here, they couldn't find the 1 that was listed as being in stock.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014