• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Taken from SD:
There is a $20 existing customer discount for 12 months.
You have to be a customer for over a year and NOT under contract.
Just call up and ask for the existing customer discount you qualify for.
They'll look up your account, tell you you qualify, ask you if you want it added to your account, say yes and you're done.
You can not make any changes to your triple play to degrade the service, like deleting the TV part for example, but you can add features like premium channells, higher speed, etc.
That $20 credit will also lessen your taxes, fees, etc, making it worth more than $20.
This may be worth about $300 for the year!

Verizon Wireless
See Verizon Wireless coupons that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

fios
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Bless your heart. I think I could give up TV/movies before I could live with a reliable internet connection less than 2... (more)

outtawhack (Jan. 08, 2013 @ 7:11p) |

Furious with Verizon, after waiting on hold for 30 minutes I get an idiot retention person who gave me a lecture about h... (more)

darius11 (Jan. 09, 2013 @ 1:07a) |

Mine was only $5 off of the "new" jacked up price, if and only if I agreed to a 2 year contract. There's no way to remo... (more)

darius11 (Jan. 09, 2013 @ 1:12a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this only for subscribers with triple play? I only subscribe to FiOS internet.

ChalPhut said:   Is this only for subscribers with triple play? I only subscribe to FiOS internet.

ONLY for triple play.
Also you have to be a customer for over a year and NOT under contract.

Is there any special code, or are there any links to this in writing? I'm wondering if the customer service rep will know about it. I've got the triple play, and this is a very good savings as long as they don't try to extend your contract or tell you that you need to upgrade your plan.

JimboUS said:   ChalPhut said:   Is this only for subscribers with triple play? I only subscribe to FiOS internet.

ONLY for triple play.
Also you have to be a customer for over a year and NOT under contract.

The "not under contract" is a vital piece of information missing from the original post.

What's the phone number?

I only have TV + internet, and they offered me $10/mo discount for 12 months. I just called and asked if I was eligible for a valued customer discount. Took 5 minutes.

No special code, No contract extension, No plan upgrade.
1-800-VERIZON

This is part of the confirmation email from Verizon (It also decreased taxes and fees by over $5 in my case, making it a $25+ decrease in monthly charges):

YOU MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE

Thank you for taking advantage of Verizon's special offer. We are confident that you will be satisfied with your FiOSŪ service and amazed by your savings.

Recent changes to your account are listed directly below. If you have any questions about your account, please visit myverizon.com or call 1.800.VERIZON (1.800.837.4966).

We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to serve you.

Sincerely,

Verizon

Action Products and Promotions Monthly Charges

New Valued Customer $20 for 12 Months -$20.00

$8/month credit for me but I have a number of other credits on there already that the Verizon FIOS store set me up with when I signed up. Thanks for the heads up!

nothing for me, no contract triple play. would need to do 2 yr contract to save $10/mo, not enough.

thx OP. 5 minute call and "Loyal customer discount $20 for 12months" is added

GMY said:   What's the phone number?

1-800-VERIZON

MISTERCHEAP said:   GMY said:   What's the phone number?

1-800-VERIZON

Don't get Verizon in my area. Only Comcast, DISH, and DTV (which has really suked the last few weeks).

i was offered two choices: $10 for 12 months or $16.99 for 3 months. i buckled in for the long haul and took the $10 for 12 months. although, since he said i can call back in 12 months and ask for the discount again, maybe i should have asked if i could have taken the $16.99 for 3 and called back in 3 months to ask for THAT one again. damn.

anyway, it took a little more than 10 minutes after dealing with all the automated phone prompts, but well worth the $120 for the year.

Does taking this credit place you in a contract for a duration of time once the change is made? Considering the call but not looking to lock in for another 2 years, if it is for 1 year I would do it.

Got this last December, after lots of calls trying to re-bundle. I was out of contract, and willing to re-sign for a new 2-year term, but wanted something similar to the new customer rates. Everything they offered was $20 more than my current rates, but I finally got someone who offered this.

Keep in mind that without a contract, they can (and will likely) raise the rates on you. My rates went up $10 last January and I somehow lost my $5 one-bill discount for combined billing of wireless.

Before you call for this -- assuming you're happy and plan to stay with FiOS, try re-bundling with a new contract. This will lock in your pricing for two years. For example, I was just able to go online and get a comparable deal to one of their new customer promotions, albeit at a higher rate with a higher 24-month discount (my net is the same, so I don't care how they write the deal).

Note the last month of my valued customer discount was identified by the online system as something that would come off, so you can't double-dip...

Dekoops said:   Does taking this credit place you in a contract for a duration of time once the change is made? Considering the call but not looking to lock in for another 2 years, if it is for 1 year I would do it.

No contract extension, No plan upgrade.

Woo-hoo! Got it!! And my $10 a month discount just expired this month. Waiting for the confirmation email.

JimboUS said:   Dekoops said:   Does taking this credit place you in a contract for a duration of time once the change is made? Considering the call but not looking to lock in for another 2 years, if it is for 1 year I would do it.

No contract extension, No plan upgrade.

Made the call, already had a $10 discount on something, best they could do was an additional $10. No contract extension, easy call. Thanks OP

my 30.00 discount came off this month got the 20.00 off with no problems for 12 months

I called because I wanted to correct an additional charge that stemmed from a service visit and replacing my Battery Backup Unit (ONT).

After fixing that, I did nicely ask if there was an existing customer discount available to me, and the rep said that she couldn't put the price any lower than the discounts I already have. Saying that my $94.99 Triple Play plan (25/15 internet) was about $30 below the current rates.

However, my existing discounts will expires at the end of 2 years, Feb 2013.

Frontier Communications bought out Verizon Fios in a number of states (including WA). Anyone know if they have the same promo?

Wow! I called and they took 15 bucks a month off right off the bat. They also cut my Starz and HBO packages monthly costs in half for six months and increased my internet speed from 35/25 to 50/35. She also lowered my phone taxes! I will save over 34 dollars a month in the next six months and over 15 dollars a month after that. Great post! This is why I do Fatwallet every morning.

Unfortunately I wasn't eligible. I have triple play and no contract and have had my plan for over 1 year. But I guess my current promotion of $79.99 for everything (not including taxes) is too good to qualify for this extra $20 discount?

$20 discount did not work for me. It was "expired". The offered $8 off a month

just called, got the $10 a month discount since i only have tv+internet

I have triple play; got a $10 discount for 12 mo.
Better than nothing; I tried a few months back and they offered me bupkis.

Tried for months to get them to discount my rate and upgrade my DVR, plus also tried to get the free Multi-room, none of it worked... So I went to Optimum and saved $40 a month, with the Silver pkg, free Wireless router and got my Free Kindle Fire HD today... I liked FIOS, but cablevision is starting to upgrade their stuff...got the multi room DVR, can record 4 shows, but no rewinding live tv...

When I'm ready to go back, I'll now be able to bargain with them...

I just got the $20 off deal.
TYOP!!!!!!

I just called in and got the $10/month discount for my elderly Mom. Not as good as $20, but enough to be real money (and, definitely a help for her!).

In case anyone is wondering how to navigate the phone maze, follow the prompts to talk with someone in billing (also, the phone number in digits is: 1-800-837-4966).

My Mom and I thank you, OP!

Hmmm... I just hooked up my Ooma last week (bought in August) and have been pretty happy with call quality. I was thinking of dropping the phone out of my bundle and just doing FIOS tv & internet. I've got 2 hd dvr's and that's way better than neighbor's fios 'play on any tv' crap.

azs1 said:   I just called in and got the $10/month discount for my elderly Mom. Not as good as $20, but enough to be real money (and, definitely a help for her!).

In case anyone is wondering how to navigate the phone maze, follow the prompts to talk with someone in billing (also, the phone number in digits is: 1-800-837-4966).

My Mom and I thank you, OP!

Glad to help you and everyone else who got something out of this!

I have a lingering $5 / month valued customer discount they put on my account that was to start 2 years ago when I first signed up. It didn't kick in for the first 3 months or so and they finally did it manually. My first two years is up ... was a no-term agreement anyway ... so bill went up $30+ last month ... Chatted online with billing and they said they really can't do anything because of the $5 valued customer already there, but I could try to call and talk to the retention department.

Oh well .. I just signed up for their Verizon Connections program for $10 off per month as a perk through my employer ... doubt they'd stack this (accidentally clicked the enrollment link while logged into my account on the chat -- grr ... wanted to wait and enroll for the $10 after calling retention, but, oh well ..).

Thanks OP. Was worth a shot.

Sounds good. My double-play 2-year no-term-contract price guarantee is up in Dec I think. I was afraid of what they would raise my rates to, so I signed up with DSLExtreme for a 3M/768K DSL line plan for $24.99/mo for 12 months, which I already agreed to. There's some additional fee of around $3/mo (their profit?) too, so it comes out to around $28/mo for internet. If you don't really need the speed of FIOS (I DO Skype with friends), then this could be an option.

Thanks op.

Got $10 off for 12 months. This after being stonewalled on all my prior attempts in recent months

Still under contract and got the $20 for 12 months.

$15 off/12 months, no contract, Double-Play only (Multi-Dwelling Unit w/no TV service available). Old $10/month discount expired in October. Thanks!

No go for me. WTF! The dude on the other end tried increasing my bill by upselling. I kept saying, "Valued Customer Discount of $20". This guy had not idea what that was. Any other thoughts?

Skipping 16 Messages...
Fis said:   Folks,

You don't need to call Verizon to get this discount.

Just
- Click Add/Upgrade My Services
- Select the current bundle promotion
- Click to remove the services you don't want
- Use the slider to change the internet speed
- Add to Cart

You should see a renewal offer with discounts of at least $10 off what you are paying now.

Mine was only $5 off of the "new" jacked up price, if and only if I agreed to a 2 year contract. There's no way to remove services (i.e., phone if you want to downgrade to tv and Internet), only upgrade/downgrade one or another. I confirmed that with the online chat rep who said that any service disconnections require a phone call (and subsequent minimum 20-30 minute hold because they are ALWAYS experiencing heavy call volume, and they even went with very cheap or free stock music for on-hold).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014