• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
I tried and the best offer was upgrade with only faster internet for 2 years get $5 off my current price. Will try again later. First guy would not do anything but increase my bill.

I need to reup with them too. Thanks.

Did not work for me. I have no contract, with FIOS, Internet, Phone, etc. I called 5 times, and it was busy. So I chatted with her on the internet. She told me I get $50 off my contract, and $20 off, would delete the $50. She told me that I could renegotiate, in Sept 2013. Oh well! Thank you OP.

Worked for me, TV and internet only, got $15 for 12 months, but you should be aware that this discount is not cumulative and they will remove any existing discounts you currently have. In my case I had a $5 FIOS bundle discount and a $5 "special property discount", now it only shows a valued customer discount $15 for 12 months, so in the end, I got an additional $5 discount off what I was paying.

I will be with FIOS for a year next month, checked my account and it already says that I have a $20 Valued Customer discount. They must have rolled that discount into the package when I signed up last year. I guess calling up next month probably wont help me, but I'll still probably try and at least complain about loosing my 50% off premium channels discount which was only valid for 12 months.

Why is renewing this like buying a used car?

Jeez, kept getting put on hold while they "check". Seems like BS to me, surely Verizon is more efficient than this. In the end I am still paying more than I was and they will take my true landline away unless I stay with the inflated price I'm paying now.

Guess I'll be calling XFinity.

Calling Verizon is always terrible and time consuming. My call took an hour after navigating the complex phone tree and finally talking to the correct sales rep.

I am no longer in contract and have been a customer for several years. They quickly offered me the $20 off/mo. They alternatively offered me to rebundle for 24-months where I got FIOS quantum (internet 50/25 Mbps, double my current speed), Extreme HD and phone. The latter saved me $15/mo., but I get faster internet and they're upgrading me a new n-router (hopefully).

I am not really familiar with the various TV packages and Internet speed packages. What should you be paying per month for triple play, before taxes?

Folks,

You don't need to call Verizon to get this discount.

Just
- Click Add/Upgrade My Services
- Select the current bundle promotion
- Click to remove the services you don't want
- Use the slider to change the internet speed
- Add to Cart

You should see a renewal offer with discounts of at least $10 off what you are paying now.

i also recently got the $10 discount on double play (inet + phone fios), but they don't always have discounts available. i had one before that expired, but they wouldn't renew it, saying they didn't have any at the time. i called a few months later, and the $10 one was there.

I tried online chat which I usually enjoy. Well not so much this time. Apparently I'm such a lucky customer that a discount is available. For a downgrade in service (25/25 internet to 15/5 while keeping everything else the same) and a 2 year contract (I dont currently have one) I can get the $20/month discount and only pay $50/month more than I am now. Figure that craziness out. The rep wondered why I didn't want to go through with it.

Darn, I already had the following discounts so at every option I'd be paying more:
Monthly Price includes
$35.00 in discounts-
$5 24-Month Contract Discount
$5 Online Bundle Credit For 24 Months
$10 Holiday Bundle Credit for 24 Months
$5 Credit for 24 Months
$10 off for 24 months

After having Fios for over e years, I still don't understand how the Verizon pricing works. I'm pretty sure they set it up that way to confuse consumers.

$7.98 equipment discount for a year (for the two cable cards I have) - that's all she'd offer me.
Thanks OP.

I have had 768kbs dsl for 7 years now so I got an upgrade to fios for 5 bucks more a month. Thanks for reminding me that I pay way too much for DSL.

Rahmat said:   I have had 768kbs dsl for 7 years now so I got an upgrade to fios for 5 bucks more a month. Thanks for reminding me that I pay way too much for DSL.

Bless your heart. I think I could give up TV/movies before I could live with a reliable internet connection less than 20 Mbps down in my home.

Furious with Verizon, after waiting on hold for 30 minutes I get an idiot retention person who gave me a lecture about how Verizon is some poor company that needs to make money and that they would rather me leave and come back as a new customer to get a promotion than give me a promotion now. They'd be "chasing their tails" and that's not fair to them. He also kept ranting about their picture quality and some award they probably purchased after I told him several times that I didn't care about TV and was only really interested in Internet service. After arguing for about 5 minutes he said he would look for other discounts for me, put me on "hold", then hung up on me after about 5 minutes. Called back, got another guy who sounded like the exact same guy but claimed to be someone else, said he might be able to get me the $20 valued customer discount but he would have to check with someone or whatever and that he would email me when it went through. Verified my email address about 3 times to make sure he had it right. Days went by, no email, latest bill doesn't reflect the discount. The $20 valued customer discount was going to negate my box discount promotion, which was $8/month, so I was only going to be netting $12 after they raised my OTD price by ~$32/month when the agreement ended.

So, I listened and got XFinity basic cable and Blast Internet for $39.99/month guaranteed for 12 months, no contract. Haven't seen the bill but they said my OTD price (bought my own cable modem and am renting no cable boxes) each month will be around $42. That is $90/month cheaper than what VZ raised my price to for basic Fios TV, 15/5 internet, and home phone (which we didn't need anyway). Not exactly apples and apples but the Internet seems comparable and we mostly watch network TV anyway.

I'm sure Comcast will do the same to me in a year. I wish I worked in an industry where we could pi$$ off our customers, discriminate on pricing, and still print money.

Fis said:   Folks,

You don't need to call Verizon to get this discount.

Just
- Click Add/Upgrade My Services
- Select the current bundle promotion
- Click to remove the services you don't want
- Use the slider to change the internet speed
- Add to Cart

You should see a renewal offer with discounts of at least $10 off what you are paying now.

Mine was only $5 off of the "new" jacked up price, if and only if I agreed to a 2 year contract. There's no way to remove services (i.e., phone if you want to downgrade to tv and Internet), only upgrade/downgrade one or another. I confirmed that with the online chat rep who said that any service disconnections require a phone call (and subsequent minimum 20-30 minute hold because they are ALWAYS experiencing heavy call volume, and they even went with very cheap or free stock music for on-hold).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.