• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Norton Internet Security 2013
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks in 4 one.

In for one. Thanks OP

Been out of the rebate game a while, any harm in doing this plus the Norton Antivirus 3 user $45 rebate?
I ass-u-me, there's no issue since rebates are different item, but.....

rhino850 said:   Been out of the rebate game a while, any harm in doing this plus the Norton Antivirus 3 user $45 rebate?None at all. Symantec rebates are among the fastest in my book.

i am convinced in for one. thanks

Good deal. I did this last year. Very fast rebate comes on a visa card.

Great deal - can't beat FAR w/FS. NIS gets top reviews. I've done this the past couple of years, and was looking for it to repeat this year. A very appreciative Green for OP.

Too bad it's only a 1 yr. subscription...

smleeranger said:   Too bad it's only a 1 yr. subscription...
I'm sure there will be another FAR one within a year. Just buy whenever you see another FAR and use the code when the current subscription expires in a year. I have enough for probably the next 5 to 6 years.

SpeedDragon

Comments on the link to the Newegg page alerted me that some people who had ordered this product received the 2012 version vice the 2013 advertised version. That happened to me, and I have sent an email to Newegg asking how to receive the correct version. Newegg is a reputable company, so I expect they will do the right thing.

Disclaimer

Disclaimer
gordon6971 said:   Comments on the link to the Newegg page alerted me that some people who had ordered this product received the 2012 version vice the 2013 advertised version. That happened to me, and I have sent an email to Newegg asking how to receive the correct version. Newegg is a reputable company, so I expect they will do the right thing.

i wouldn't put too much trust in what other people post in the reviews... clearly that person is confusing the pc award on the upper right hand corner (which says 2012) with the software version..

here's what the 2012 and 2013 versions looks like

Macroman turns out to be correct, but not by much. You shouldn't have to compare box designs to determine the date of the product. I asked Newegg which informed me that the date of 2012 indeed refers to the date NIS won the PCMag award, and that it was the correct product. However, Newegg didn't say how to confirm the date. I discovered that the barcode on the bottom of the box has the date 2013 hidden in small type. Lousy job of labeling by Norton, to say the least. Makes you wonder why they are so carefully concealing the date of the product.

macroman said:   gordon6971 said:   Comments on the link to the Newegg page alerted me that some people who had ordered this product received the 2012 version vice the 2013 advertised version. That happened to me, and I have sent an email to Newegg asking how to receive the correct version. Newegg is a reputable company, so I expect they will do the right thing.

i wouldn't put too much trust in what other people post in the reviews... clearly that person is confusing the pc award on the upper right hand corner (which says 2012) with the software version..

here's what the 2012 and 2013 versions looks like

gordon6971 said:   Makes you wonder why they are so carefully concealing the date of the product.
My guess is they are going through a rebranding that doesn't include the year in the title of the s/w, and are not necessarily trying to make it hard to know the year the s/w was made. We've just been accustom to seeing it in the title for so many years.

mailed my rebate.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014