• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

intel ssd
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Now, I do not need to go to Microcenter on Fri. I was planning to get the Intel SSD from them for the same price.

Is this a good notebook replacement?

OCZ Vertex III or IV series only SSDs

Ordered. That solves that!

Thanks for this post!! Got several.

how reliable are these as a OS drive? Are they any less of a crapshoot compared to standard HDDs?

Amazon's already updated their pricing to meet Newegg's. Better deal if you have 3% CB Amazon card.

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Series-Solid-State-Drive-2-5-Inch/dp...

muumuu said:   how reliable are these as a OS drive? Are they any less of a crapshoot compared to standard HDDs?

More reliable if you turn off defrag and make sure the motherboard supports the drive properly (TRIM enabled)
Other than defects, there are no moving parts to break and the only thing that can wear them down it constant re-writing. Modern drives have extra space hidden onboard that take over for any failed space.

muumuu said:   how reliable are these as a OS drive? Are they any less of a crapshoot compared to standard HDDs?

That's what SSDs were made for. Intel drives are one of the more reliable brands.

Interesting that Amazon is matching prices.

Yes...beats the trip to microcenter....and lines on friday...

180GB OOS on Newegg, and Amazon raised the price... dammit, I was a few seconds late...

YingTK said:   180GB OOS on Newegg, and Amazon raised the price... dammit, I was a few seconds late...

It was still in stock a few minutes ago.
The 180 gb is at a sweet price point, hence sold out faster.

Back in stock.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014