• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
So i called Sprint.xom to check how i can upgrade for $49.99 one of my lines and she said it's will be $50 to move my upgrade date which is 71 days away to today and get the Galaxy for .99 cents... I said what ?! a hwat you say there, i say ?
So today through Sprint the're doing the "metalic", "titanium" color type only for .99 cents+tax
Still Great deal for me and I thought maybe for someone else.
$50 early upgrade fee
.99 galaxy s3 titanium
3.35 taxes
$36 activatino
- $25 network credit to offset some of the activation fee

happy holidays!

Sprint
See Sprint promo codes that earn Up to $125.00 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy S3
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Sprint 4G LTE coming to SF Bay Area
Thanks expired
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
My order, one day before you, was also back ordered. The CSR told me that it would take 3-5 days to arrive. She gave me ... (more)

fivetalents (Nov. 30, 2012 @ 2:49a) |

ordered mine last wed night got it yesterday
this phone is awesome

bxlefty23 (Nov. 30, 2012 @ 10:21p) |

i ordered two,a white and blue on thursday got them on tuesday a day earlier than expected,this babies are awesome machi... (more)

ttprodr (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 3:14a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Yes the tax on retail cost always kills the deal.

Is this deal on their website? Or just something they offered you when you called in?

i just called in
and no the taxes were only 3.35 so no kill

Just tried to get the phone, but was told that there are only two colors: Marble White and Pebble Blue. Both colors were going for $199.99! I also asked if I upgraded, would the lower price be available and the answer was no. I'll try again and see if I get lucky with a different rep.

can you tell us What PHONE NUMBER you called Sprint on ? As when I called Sprint did not even know about the special nor the Titanimum.

They also insisted there is no such phone in that color

right on their site , can't find it at the moment but i was transfered twice from sales to service

very weird.. but i thought it was pebble blue ,she said it looked titanium... ?

You sure you didn't just buy a Galaxy S2, which Sprint does sell a Titanium version of?

jokes on him
he either bought a GS2 or the samsung galaxy victory.
not a gsiii

outofline said:   You sure you didn't just buy a Galaxy S2, which Sprint does sell a Titanium version of?

Then she straight out lied on the phone to me and since when she called me back on my line and said this will be monitored for some purposes, then it's all recorded. Gonna fight this, but will update once i recieve e-mail confirmation.

going to call them and confirm...hope its not bs ...

called back another confirmed my order it's for s3 she checked some code under phone model
1866-866-7509
however she did say this could be specific to certain lines ,if customer has been with us for along time,etc. maybe that's bs maybe not. hense YMMV.

I hope you get a S3. Also the noteII comes in titanium gray. Now that would be super

Gave a call to Tele-sales for Sprint, and could not find anyone (manager included) that was aware of a 99 cent S3, but they were willing to give me $40 off our bill for 4 months loyalty discount. I accepted and upgraded to a Note 2. Sprint is going to call me back tomorrow to purchase the S3 at the $49.99 Black Friday rate for my wife. So basically upgraded to Note 2 for $140, and Galaxy S3 for $50. Activation fees and S/H were waived. Works for me. Give it a try.

edog11 said:   I hope you get a S3. Also the noteII comes in titanium gray. Now that would be super
Haha yeah. Just got email confirm item number SPHL710KTS phone , SAMSUNG L710 BLUE 16GB

AFAIK the S3 only comes in white and blue. The Note 2 comes in white or titanium grey. We just moved from Sprint to T-Mobile and got a pair of Notes. Interesting phone (phablet). Was close to $700 OOP with $400 in rebate cards. Phones were $299 each with $89 tax. Could have gotten the S3 basically for sales tax or waited for the Sam's Club $0.96 S3, but I wanted to try T-Mobile - been through the rest. Nice thing about the Note is that you can VOIP over WiFi.

I called Sprint and they offered an early upgrade fee of $275. By "selling" back my iPhone 4S they are going to give me a credit of $200. So essentially it will cost me $75. And then tommorrow they said the $50 Galaxy S3 will be available on the website. So for $125 total I'll have the Galaxy S3. Thanks OP

would you guys get off the color issue.
what you got to lose? call find out if no ymmv then i dunno.

Thanks BurninAuthor, I was able to get them to sell me an S3 for 99 cents.

About the color, there is no titanium, I'd check your online order status assuming you copied down the order number. You should see the model number of the phone that they ordered. Mine is:

Product ID Description Qty. Order Date Tracking #
SPHL710WTK SAMSUNG L710 WHITE 16GB 1 2012-11-21

Here's the site:
http://www.sprint.com/personal/wireless/order_status.html

Thanks BurninAuthor, I was able to get them to sell me an S3 for 99 cents.

About the color, there is no titanium, I'd check your online order status assuming you copied down the order number. You should see the model number of the phone that they ordered. Mine is:

Product ID Description Qty. Order Date Tracking #
SPHL710WTK SAMSUNG L710 WHITE 16GB 1 2012-11-21

What number did you call for this. Was it telesales or customer service.Thanks.

Just call the 866 number above twice trying to get the 99 cents deal for upgrade and no such luck they say as right now all they got is $49.99 for new and add lines only, was told to check back tomorrow or friday for black friday promotions.

Call Telesales at 888-882-4030. A manager (Alex) just called me back, and offered the Galaxy S3 for 99 cents as well! No need to wait for tomorrow or Black Friday. I highly suggest other folks give this number a call. This thread has basically led to us saving about $359 between the Galaxy S3 and the Note 2.

ps...the wife was able to chose color - marble white

mkblackmart said:   Call Telesales at 888-882-4030. A manager (Alex) just called me back, and offered the Galaxy S3 for 99 cents as well! No need to wait for tomorrow or Black Friday. I highly suggest other folks give this number a call. This thread has basically led to us saving about $359 between the Galaxy S3 and the Note 2.

ps...the wife was able to chose color - marble white

Didn't work for me. Called them just now and was told Galaxy S3 will be $49.99 for tomorrow and Black Friday....they told me that they have not heard of 99 cents GS3 offer.

I had to pay $100 for my early upgrade because Im 7 months out, but I did get one for .99 also. Color is optional and the sale is TODAY only

motomanthegreat said:   I had to pay $100 for my early upgrade because Im 7 months out, but I did get one for .99 also. Color is optional and the sale is TODAY only

Did you call telesales or customer support? What did you ask?

I called them and they need confirmation number to apply the deal.
Can you provided order confirmation number?
Thanks

I called them and they need confirmation number to apply the deal.
Can you provided order confirmation number?
Thanks

Another little piece of the puzzle: account services representative confirmed that this is a brand new promotion that just started today, but has been circulated through the account services system (i.e., everyone in that department knows about it). He did not mention that it was today only though.

ETA: they offered me a choice of white or blue.

fivetalents said:   Another little piece of the puzzle: account services representative confirmed that this is a brand new promotion that just started today, but has been circulated through the account services system (i.e., everyone in that department knows about it). He did not mention that it was today only though.

Really? They are running 99 cents promotion right before $49.99 Black Friday promotion?

Shot me down for the 3rd time, clearly I am not saying the right thing

Sweet! Worked as mentioned...."ACCOUNT SERVICES" is the department who you want to talk with. I just called and asked (since I was up for an upgrade anyways) that I would like to get the Galaxy S3 and I heard it is available for .99 cents and was transferred to account services and rep was able to do it in about a minute. It was about $39 or so with activation fee, taxes and etc...

docjoo said:   fivetalents said:   Another little piece of the puzzle: account services representative confirmed that this is a brand new promotion that just started today, but has been circulated through the account services system (i.e., everyone in that department knows about it). He did not mention that it was today only though.

Really? They are running 99 cents promotion right before $49.99 Black Friday promotion?

Based on what I was told by a Sprint employee and everyone above who got this deal? I'd have to go with "yes."

Fivetalents,

So did you get this deal? Does your online account show that your purchase price is 99 cents?

The deal is real, I just called but my upgrade date is quite a while out. Good luck to anyone else trying to get this.

docjoo said:   Five talents,

So did you get this deal? Does your online account show that your pur hase price is 99 cents?

I'm still "in-progress" because I have to upgrade my account as well... meaning I'm still on the phone with them. However, the price has been confirmed by several employees and is noted on my account in case my call is disconnected and I have to call back

Just tried, no dice - "that price is misinformation, the only deal we have is the holiday promotion on the website tomorrow". She wouldn't transfer me to account services because she said she just called them.

fivetalents said:   docjoo said:   Five talents,

So did you get this deal? Does your online account show that your pur hase price is 99 cents?

I'm still "in-progress" because I have to upgrade my account as well... meaning I'm still on the phone with them. However, the price has been confirmed by several employees and is noted on my account in case my call is disconnected and I have to call back

Hope you get it. I called twice and both times they told me no such deal...they kept telling me about $49.99 promotion that starts tomorrow.

Yea, they keep telling me about the $50 deal tom.

Skipping 132 Messages...
i ordered two,a white and blue on thursday got them on tuesday a day earlier than expected,this babies are awesome machines and the white look nice,never though i would like a white phone,I put it next to some buddies who own the blue s3 and they are like damn !and yeah im a 38/m truck driver with a whitey phone wdf lol!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014