• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
OCZ 512GB SSD Vertex 4 $299.99 Shipped @ Amazon and Newegg

Amazon has OCZ 512GB Vertex 4 Industry's Highest I/O Performance Up to 120K IOPS SATA 6.0 GB/s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive With 5-Year Warranty - VTX4-25SAT3-512G.M - for $299.99.

http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Industrys-Performance-2-5-Inch-Warrant...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227820

babak147 op

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

OCZ 512GB SSD Vertex 4
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Please note this is the 4.M model which uses lower quality NAND compared to the original4.
Performance is in between the Vertex 4 and Agility4 but the reviews I have read put it closer to the Agility.

I would reccomend the OP change the title slightly so those who know the difference don't start complaining.

Very temping upgrade for my MacBook Pro. The reviews at both Amazon & Newegg seem mainly positive. Biggest deal seemed to be that you might have to do a firmware upgrade. A few DOAs, here and there.
The question is to buy now or wait for the true black friday sales...

Oh you guys can have all the Apple stuff. I don't need to overpaid for electronics, especially on BF.

neochaos said:   Oh you guys can have all the Apple stuff. I don't need to overpaid for electronics, especially on BF.

Since when is a 2.5" SSD an "Apple" only upgrade?
"I don't need to overpaid", someone alert the gammer nazis.

For your information, I build my own PCs to game on. I just happen to work on a Mac. There is also a reason why I do not want the new "retina" MBPro. Upgrading is nearly non-existent. Like many others, I am looking to upgrade my storage on an older Mac laptop. Hell, I already did an 8GB RAM upgrade for cheap.

My point is, this thread has validity for both pc and mac users.

This drive has a random write of about 85,000 IOPS compared to the 512G Vertex4 drive which has 120,000 IOPS. This drive uses the Micron NAND flash which has somewhat lower ratings from the hardware guys...but the non-Micron drives were having some issues with DOA or soon after. OCZ is also aggressively chopping its product lines to improve its focus so support may or may not exist after warranty ends.

Amazon - Says "1 Left" but is fulfilled by a 3rd party instead of Amazon. This also means the Amazon price is now $499 + $4.59 shipping (not eligible for Amazone Prime).

Newegg - Sold out. Bummer.

Would have picked this up for sure to upgrade from my current 256G SSD in my Macbook Pro now. Oh well, will keep looking - appreciate the heads up though!

TigerDirect has the "OCZ Solid 3 SLD3-25SAT3-480G", which is a 480G SSD. It's in stock right now for $249.99 after $20 mail-in rebate.

Link

Is the best deal on higher-capacity SSDs that I've found so far this morning... I'm probably going to pass on it personally though as I'd like to get >500G and I'm also not well versed on the detailed tech-specs of this specific drive.

ADanto6840 said:   TigerDirect has the "OCZ Solid 3 SLD3-25SAT3-480G", which is a 480G SSD. It's in stock right now for $249.99 after $20 mail-in rebate.
That's a decent price, but just be aware that the Solid is OCZ's low-end drive. Slower across the board than the Vertex and even the Agility.

Thanks OP, I stuck this and 16gb of ram into my new mbp and now it's crazy fast. What an excellent deal

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014