• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Canon USA offers Canon 5d Mark II Refurbished (Body Only) for 25% off, making it $1319.40 before tax. Free shipping

Link

Canon
See Canon discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Your price is before tax, but Canon charges sales tax in almost every state. Still green for you and still a great price for a great camera. Makes me a little sad to see the price this low as I have this camera and I want to sell it to buy the Mark III

how is this camera? is it worth the investment?

The Mark 3 is arguably the best camera out there, and "much better" than this mark 2. (dont actually argue this please). That being said. The logical successor for most not pro's looking for a Canon full frame is going to be the Canon 6D (not to be confused with the 60D) which is set to be released next month. I would hold out and see how much the 6D drops from its approx 2000 retail value. I suspect the mark 2's will have to drop in price a lot more at that point as the 6D is superior having many of the features of the Mark 3 and even some it doesnt have (gps).

So I would pass on the Mark 2 and take a hard look at the 6D. If you don't decide to go with the 6D, go ahead and get a Mark 2 AFTER the 6D is out, as prices will have to go down even further.

Also, I wouldnt call any camera an investment. Maybe glass. (glass = lenses and proves that Im a camera snob, like calling a computer a 'box').

wish that darn 6d would get released!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014