rated:

Member Summary

Dell Xt2 Tablet notebook (51.05kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good find--remember how much these were when they 1st came out?

Dell Latitude XT2 Notebook Tablet 12.1" Touch Screen / Intel Core 2 Duo 1.60GHz / 2GB Memory / 120GB HDD / Windows 7

SKU #: 10047898-220

Retail Price:$2199.99Our Price:$284.95 + $3.99 ShippingYou Save:$1915.04 ( 87%)Condition:Recertified | Package: BulkWarranty: 30-Days MidnightBox

Sell Out Meter... This deal ends in:
Hours45
Minutes40
Seconds

The XT2 provides an outstanding tablet experience. A high-performance system designed with intuitive input capabilities including a capacitive multitouch screen and pen, the Latitude XT2 can work the way you want.

At just an inch thin with an ultrasmall power supply, the XT2 can comfortably go almost anywhere. It also offers great features and plenty of flexible options.

In tablet mode, you can use the multitouch screen for exceptional efficiency and fingertip ease or use the battery-free pen to write or draw as you would on a piece of paper.

In laptop mode, you still have the luxury of touch, but with the comfort of a full-sized keyboard with dual pointing - track stick and buttons.

Innovative multitouch responsive screen
Dual digitizer for low pressure, high touch accuracy
New LCD-based wireless antenna design for excellent connectivity
Intel Core 2 Duo SU9400 1.6GHz (800MHz FSB, 3MB L2 Cache)
Winodws 7 Home Premium
12.1" Premium WXGA (1280 x 800) LED-Backlight Display with Multi-touch
Intel X4500MHD Integrated Graphics
2GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM
120GB Toshiba 1.8" 5400RPM HDD
8X CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive) through docking station
Intel 5100AGN WiFi, Bluetooth, and 1Gb Ethernet
6-Cell 42WHr Battery
Dimensions: 11.7 x 8.7 x 1.1"
Weight: 3lbs 13.6oz

Dell Latitude XT2 Tablet
Battery
Charger

And what does everyone think about this versus this deal:

ThinkPad X61 Tablet PC Intel Core 2 Duo L7500(1.60GHz) 12.1" 2GB Memory DDR2 667 80GB HDD DVD-ROM

Refurbished

Intel Core 2 Duo L7500(1.60GHz)
2GB Memory 80GB HDD
External DVD-ROM
Windows 7 Home Premium

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1236023/?fwcs=ta408515

Looks to be a pretty sweet deal, considering Dell Outlet has this similar spec (except for the 250 GB HDD instead of 120) for $889 lowest.

I know someone who might want this is it a good seller? Slow shipper?

Jlovey2 said:   I know someone who might want this is it a good seller? Slow shipper?

7.13 on reseller ratings but a lot of the recent ones are 1 review avatars, meaning they're fluffing their rating. The REAL reviews seem to indicate SLOW shipping, little or no updates, etc.

Thanks for the link to reseller ratings even their 4 star ratings say slow shipping. Not worth seeing if my mom is still up. I may just loan her my nook color for vacation.

The X61 uses full size 2.5" drives, whereas this one uses 1.8", which are very hard to find. Both are solid machines and have the trackpoint feature (which is incredible).

I'm a true Lenovo guy, but the nod goes to the XT2, IMO.

Another cool option is the ruggedized version of this, the XT2 XFR. Sure it's huge and bulky, but can survive basically anything you throw at it (they are built for the military). Similar to the Toughbook line. You can get them from Dell's eBay store for ~$400 (all are auctions).

The benefit of the XFR version is the screen brightness. The XT2 has 177 nits, which is pretty dim by today's standards. The XT2 XFR has 400 nits, which is MUCH brighter:

http://www.upenn.edu/computing/provider/docs/hardware/rlatitudex...

xt2 is amazing. typing on one as we type.

I know this deal is dead, but damnit if I didn't win an auction for an XT2 XFR on eBay

Oh well, I'll find something to do with it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014