Dell Black Friday Live

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
droopydog33 said:   Finally was answere via chat after only being 380 in queue

1:01:42 AM Amanda I have been waiting for Dell website to work so I could buy the $299 laptop
1:01:54 AM Jodes B I apologize that this is happening,let me help you out.
1:01:56 AM Amanda Needless to say Dell's website never came up
1:02:09 AM Amanda I hope I can still purchase
1:02:14 AM Jodes B I apologize it was sold out already
1:02:41 AM Amanda The server was busy on the website the from the first minute the sale started.
1:02:54 AM Jodes B What we have is Inspiron 13z for $499.99
1:02:55 AM Amanda There was no way to gain access to purchase the laptop
1:03:10 AM Amanda I need a laptop under $300 for my son
1:04:54 AM Jodes B Oh,what we have right now is Inspiron 15R for $499.99
1:06:01 AM Amanda I prefer Dell, but I guess HP will get my business this year. Me and a lot of other shoppers are very disappointed with Dell this year. They couldn't even keep there servers up and runniing.
1:07:14 AM Jodes B On behalf of Dell,I apologize for the inconvenience.

Well at least they apologized for being incompetent

I will not buy Dell any more. The quality of their product is going down hill. And so is their service. Worst BF marketing I ever seen. I bet Dell employees got $299 laptops and only very few lucky non-employees got this $299 laptop.

docjoo said:   o1twist1o said:   So I guess I'm kidding myself cause I'm at Shipping?

Show us the screenshot.

Like anyone believes screenshots..

o1twist1o said:   docjoo said:   o1twist1o said:   So I guess I'm kidding myself cause I'm at Shipping?

Show us the screenshot.

So did you get one? I will believe your screenshot.

docjoo said:   o1twist1o said:   docjoo said:   o1twist1o said:   So I guess I'm kidding myself cause I'm at Shipping?

Show us the screenshot.

I wish... Just got the message "unable to process your request" like everyone else.

Wow I post that black friday is live to inform fellow shoppers and I keep getting RED. That shows that this sale really sucked.

I want to give it red because I'm pissed that the site was crashed. The fact you posted was very nice

Didn't Dell have a similar issue with their servers about 3 years back, or am I thinking about someone else?

I tried about an hour ago and just gave up when I saw that they were having servers problems.

Dell blows. I had the laptop in my cart and entering credit card info, timed out and now says my cart is empty. Now it's no longer available to add. Again, Dell blows.

o1twist1o said:   docjoo said:   o1twist1o said:   docjoo said:   o1twist1o said:   So I guess I'm kidding myself cause I'm at Shipping?

Show us the screenshot.

I wish... Just got the message "unable to process your request" like everyone else.

OMG I think I got it... 13 digit Dell Purchase ID... That was painful but I think I got it.

When I kept getting server busy I opened another window for chat at 12:05. At 1:35 someone finally came online. He told me all 100 units sold out in 8 minutes. Excuse me this was a nationwide sale highly advertised and they only had 100 laptops? Supposedly someone is going to call me back and help me get something very close to the same price. I doubt it but here's hoping. Or like someone else said HP sounds good this year.

Waited patiently for an hour and 43 mins to process my order for the 14z for $309.25 through the Member Purchase Plan site (started right at midnight via the MPP email link). 293.99 + 15.26 tax. Interestingly, my Dell submit order page is still spinning in IE, but I recieved an order confirmation email, and I checked my order status page in a different browser and it indeed shows the order on the website as Status: Order Processing. During the Order process, I sat on the Shipping page for about 40 mins, before it finally timed out with an error. I went back in to my basket and was able to continue the order once more this time it took about 30 mins to get through the whole ordering process. A bit ugly process to say the least.

droopydog33 said:   Finally was answere via chat after only being 380 in queue

1:01:42 AM Amanda I have been waiting for Dell website to work so I could buy the $299 laptop
1:01:54 AM Jodes B I apologize that this is happening,let me help you out.
1:01:56 AM Amanda Needless to say Dell's website never came up
1:02:09 AM Amanda I hope I can still purchase
1:02:14 AM Jodes B I apologize it was sold out already
1:02:41 AM Amanda The server was busy on the website the from the first minute the sale started.
1:02:54 AM Jodes B What we have is Inspiron 13z for $499.99
1:02:55 AM Amanda There was no way to gain access to purchase the laptop
1:03:10 AM Amanda I need a laptop under $300 for my son
1:04:54 AM Jodes B Oh,what we have right now is Inspiron 15R for $499.99
1:06:01 AM Amanda I prefer Dell, but I guess HP will get my business this year. Me and a lot of other shoppers are very disappointed with Dell this year. They couldn't even keep there servers up and runniing.
1:07:14 AM Jodes B On behalf of Dell,I apologize for the inconvenience.

Well at least they apologized for being incompetent

cry more. you act like this rep could control the website and magically give you the laptop. sh*t happens all the time. deal with it.

I am trying to check out on the Dell outlet page and trying to apply a code.. Do any of these codes work on outlet page ?

Thanks

We're sorry, the coupon code you have entered has already expired or has reached the maximum redemption limit.

Trying to get this for list 409.99 but cannot add any codes..

Processor: Intel Core 2nd Generation i3-2120 Processor (3.1GHz,3MB Cache)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Dell Outlet Inspiron 660 Slimtower
1 TB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
6GB,Non-ECC, DDR3 1600MHz - 2 DIMMS
DVD+/-RW Tray Load Drive, 16X, SATA
Intel HD Integrated Graphi

normal1 said:   Trying to get this for list 409.99 but cannot add any codes..
Since your desktop list for less than $499, only the 15% off coupon applies (NMZWB8$DXHLBCS). I just applied it to another Inspiron 660 Desktop in Dell Outlet listing for $429 and it took off 15%.

Sub-total $409.00
Shipping & Handling $29.99
Shipping & Handling Discount -$29.99
Tax* $25.56
*Exemptions reflected in final checkout page only

Total Price1 $434.56
In the event that you are subject to a tax holiday, you will not be charged tax.

Crazy It aplied the code yet jacked up the price.. May have to clear Cache

Don't buy the $399 inspiron 15 from Dell... it is pretty much the same system (in fact an older processor) than what Amazon is selling on lightning deals for $329.

Earlier this afternoon, I bought the following system for $329 -- i am told that it will be back on lightning deals for cyber monday...
the only difference with the inspiron 15 from Dell for $399 is that it has 6 GB ram instead of 4 Gb on the one from Amazon.

Inspiron 15 (N5050) at a glance...

Dell P/N: i15N-2548BK
Display: 15.6" HD (720p) widescreen LED with Truelife™ and integrated Webcam
Operating system: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Processor: 2nd Gen Intel® Core™ i3 2370M (2.40GHz)
Memory (RAM): 4GB DDR3
Storage (hard drive): 500GB SATA
Optical drive: 8x DVD+RW
Video graphics: Intel® HD Graphics
Bluetooth®: Yes
Media card reader: 3-in-1
Audio: High Definition Audio 2.2
Preinstalled software: Microsoft® Office Starter 2010, McAfee® SecurityCenter (30-day trial), Dell™ Stage Software

$15 rebate from Dell to purchase Windows 8

So i did manage to get the Dell 299 laptop.Very painful 2 hours but it did go through. The order shows up and everything. But Dell has other plans. They want to replace my 14z with Inspiron 15 and are telling me it is an upgrade. Apparently the laptop was oversold and they do not have the supply needed to fulfill all of the orders.

"The new Inspiron 15 has a larger 15.6” screen and Windows 8, the latest operating system from Microsoft – both upgrades from the Inspiron 14z." I can't believe Dell wasted 2 hours of my time on Black Friday only to be told that they can't fulfill the order

I got the same email. Is this a good deal to change from Inspiron 14z to 15?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.