• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
georgeckc said:   Now I can make this deal much hotter. I just tried it and it get through no problem.

1) Get 2 or 3 $60 top up cards from crazygametime.com for $49.99 each with coupon code 1260. (You can only do up to $120 daily top up on VirginMobile website)
2) You can create an account and use the top up card to fill your account.
3) Once you have more than $150 cash balance on the account, you can use the cash balance to purchase the phone. That would be no tax + free shipping.
4) Don't forget the fat cash for $22.50 Cash Back.

Math: 3x$60 ($180) top up card (cost $150) - $22.50 Cash Back = $127.50 with $30 cash balance left in the account ($180 - 150 = $30). If you also subtract that cash balance, that would make the phone cost roughly $97.50.

As I said I have tried it and it works for me. Thanks again for OP posting the deal.

Thanks
1 $49 purchase = new phone for the daughter

georgeckc said:   (You can only do up to $120 daily top up on VirginMobile website)$150 daily

So the price comes out to exactly 149.99 with no tax?

redgjm said:   So the price comes out to exactly 149.99 with no tax?

If you pay with top-ups credit, there's no tax for the phone.

The case looks correct, but the screen guard looks like it's for a slightly different model phone (so it may not fit correctly). The Sprint version of this phone is actually the HTC EVO 3D I believe.

This is the vm version of the EVO 3D and not sure the difference in screens but the exact one would be http://www.xtremeguard.com/HTC-Evo-3D-Screen-Protector-p/htc_evo...

UPDATE ordered fri nite, Order Status went from processing to now showing submitted

hmm, I ordered the phone last night, the Virgin Mobile's tracking status says 'submitted' but still nothing on fatwallet saying that I made the purchase...hope it goes through :/

Edit: well the order has been shipped and still nothing from fatwallet. Guess I got screwed.

Same thing happened to me

MitzFitz said:   hmm, I ordered the phone last night, the Virgin Mobile's tracking status says 'submitted' but still nothing on fatwallet saying that I made the purchase...hope it goes through :/

Edit: well the order has been shipped and still nothing from fatwallet. Guess I got screwed.

Received my phone today. VERY NICE!

This is because when you buy the refill cards in a store, you pay the tax of you local municipality.

netmaster911 said:   redgjm said:   So the price comes out to exactly 149.99 with no tax?

If you pay with top-ups credit, there's no tax for the phone.

I purchased on Friday and got the FW Cash Back notice within hours. But my phone wasn't shipped until last night. Sounds like some people who ordered after me already got their phones.

The VM version of this phone is identical to the Sprint version. In fact, early phones still had the Sprint logo on the top of the phone.

BTW, CowBoom regularly has the extended battery for this phone for $6. I bought one. It makes the phone bulky as all get out, but it doubles the life of the phone and pushes it into iPhone-ish territory as far as life goes. I can take mine off the charge, have 4G on all day, and unless I was in an area where it was roaming for signal, it'll still have some juice the next day. Just realize when the phone shows a full charge, it's not fully charged...and it takes a while to get a true 100% charge with the extended battery.

I got it in mail today!!

And, I have a question. Please answer.

If I am already in the middle of a $25 plan. Does it just let me use it at this rate, or will it ask me to pay another $10? Very helpful if you can answer this.

Also, is there a link to the extended battery on Amazon.com?

JediFreeStuff said:   I got it in mail today!!

If I am already in the middle of a $25 plan. Does it just let me use it at this rate, or will it ask me to pay another $10? Very helpful if you can answer this.

I recall from another thread that you would lose your grandfathered $25 plan if you buy this phone.

If you are part way through your billing cycle, u will lose any time left for your month. They will start u on a new month. You will also lose your $25 plan if u upgrade to this phone. U will have to choose $35, 45, or the 55 plan.

I believe if you try to upgrade the phone on your account via the website, it'll ask you to pay the $35 because you're technically changing your plan (and, sorry, you're gonna be stuck with the $35 plan); however, if you call customer service and explain that you're upgrading your phone they will help you out with account credits. The customer service rep was actually awesome when I did this, as he restarted my month for me (and I was over half way through my month) when I paid the extra $10 with the upgraded phone. Half a month of service for free, can't complain. YMMV depending on the rep you get.

BTW, this is the extended battery I have. CowBoom had it for $6 when I bought it. If you wait long enough, it'll probably be on sale again. It adds a LOT of bulk, but being able to have 4G on all day is pretty great.
http://www.cowboom.com/product/823263

**Edit: Here's the extended battery on Amazon. $10 isn't bad! The reviews are true, the back cover does feel cheap (and will crack if you drop it) and you have to let it charge even after it shows 100% to get full capacity, but it's a large jump up from the stock battery if you don't mind the bulk.
http://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Series-Extended-Lithium-Polymer-B...

OK, I might wait until my next billing cycle on 12/11/12 to use this old phone a little bit more then. Thanks

Thanks for the extended battery link.

JediFreeStuff said:   OK, I might wait until my next billing cycle on 12/11/12 to use this old phone a little bit more then. Thanks

Thanks for the extended battery link.

I called Virgin Mobile support and told them i wanted to switch phones, from a $25 plan to this phone with a $35 plan, and they ended refunding me for the month i was already on and starting a new month at the $35 price.

So I have purchased the top up cards, however How do i use them to buy the phone when I am not an existing VM customer and do not have an account????

PLEASE HELP

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014