• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Virgin Mobile
See Virgin Mobile promo codes that earn $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

HTC Evo V 4G
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
OK, I might wait until my next billing cycle on 12/11/12 to use this old phone a little bit more then. Thanks

Thanks for ... (more)

JediFreeStuff (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 4:09p) |

I called Virgin Mobile support and told them i wanted to switch phones, from a $25 plan to this phone with a $35 plan, a... (more)

MunkeeBoy (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 5:39p) |

So I have purchased the top up cards, however How do i use them to buy the phone when I am not an existing VM customer a... (more)

JABK26 (Jan. 08, 2013 @ 10:22p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HTC
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Don't forget to use the fatwallet link (http://www.fatwallet.com/Virgin-Mobile-coupons/) and get $22.50 Cash Back.

how do you get the 22.50 Cash Back? The link takes you to the VM site, is there a code to enter at checkout?

Now I can make this deal much hotter. I just tried it and it get through no problem.

1) Get 2 or 3 $60 top up cards from crazygametime.com for $49.99 each with coupon code 1260. (You can only do up to $120 daily top up on VirginMobile website)
2) You can create an account and use the top up card to fill your account.
3) Once you have more than $150 cash balance on the account, you can use the cash balance to purchase the phone. That would be no tax + free shipping.
4) Don't forget the fat cash for $22.50 Cash Back.

Math: 3x$60 ($180) top up card (cost $150) - $22.50 Cash Back = $127.50 with $30 cash balance left in the account ($180 - 150 = $30). If you also subtract that cash balance, that would make the phone cost roughly $97.50.

As I said I have tried it and it works for me. Thanks again for OP posting the deal.

So did you top up $120 one day then $60 the next day since you can only do $120 a day? Still dont understand how the $22.50 FW discount works since the like just goes to the regular VM site.

I already had some cash balance in my account so with the $120 top up I have more than $150. But yes if you don't have any cash balance you might need to take two days to top up and pay for the phone.

As far as the Cash Back goes, try click on "Cash Back Stores" from the top and find VirginMobile.

This deal doesnt show the Cash Back logo on it but wouldnt it be $12 since its $149. And do you just buy it from VM then show it to fat wallet and they give the Cash Back? Ive never used fat wallet so not sure how it works.

bjmonty said:   This deal doesnt show the Cash Back logo on it but wouldnt it be $12 since its $149. And do you just buy it from VM then show it to fat wallet and they give the Cash Back? Ive never used fat wallet so not sure how it works.

http://www.fatwallet.com/support/faqs.php?section=cashback#Cash_...

bjmonty said:   This deal doesnt show the Cash Back logo on it but wouldnt it be $12 since its $149. And do you just buy it from VM then show it to fat wallet and they give the Cash Back? Ive never used fat wallet so not sure how it works.

You might be right. It could be just $12.50 Cash Back. I am not complaining since whatever under $150 is crazy deal for this phone on VirginMobile. It was $299 just not too long ago and it is about the same spec for Samsung Galaxy II that just put on VirginMobile for $299.

Yeah I was gonna buy it tonight but they said they wont ship till Monday anyways so Ill try the top up deal then buy it & try with the FW discount. Was gonna get the iphone for $349 or $449 from target with the free $100 gift card which would make them $249 & $349 but may get the evo & hope the radio interference is fixed.

Awesome deal on this phone. Been waiting for this for months!

I loaded my VM account a month ago with codes I purchased from crazygametime in anticipation of this day! I was able to use my balance to purchase the phone, no tax, free shipping.

My only problem is it does 4G using WiMax.
Sprint is rolling out 4G LTE, so this phone will be obsolete
as far as 4g speeds - within 6 months - at least in my area.

Appelski said:   My only problem is it does 4G using WiMax.

I'm unfortunately not up to speed with the 4g technologies. Do you mean with a transition from wiimax to 4g lte I would not be able to get 4g speeds on a phone like the evo V?

krisma said:   Appelski said:   My only problem is it does 4G using WiMax.

I'm unfortunately not up to speed with the 4g technologies.
Do you mean with a transition from wiimax to 4g lte
I would not be able to get 4g speeds on a phone like the evo V?

Da.
Two different technologies, and, I see they even use different frequencies.
Have a look here: Link

Exactly how do you use your topup balance to purchase a phone? I loaded my account and put the phone in my cart but it would only allow me to pay by credit/debit card or paypal.

if i am a current user of VM with the grandfather rate 25$, can i upgrade to this phone and still keep my 25$ rate

lightyh said:   Exactly how do you use your topup balance to purchase a phone? I loaded my account and put the phone in my cart but it would only allow me to pay by credit/debit card or paypal.

Make sure you have more or same amount of $$ than the phone(s) you want to purchase. Then after click on check out, one of the option at the bottom should be Cash Balance. If that doesn't work, just call VirginMobile and have them apply it for you.

yuanliu1 said:   if i am a current user of VM with the grandfather rate 25$, can i upgrade to this phone and still keep my 25$ rate

I'm pretty sure all the 4G phones have to be on the 35 dollar plan.

yuanliu1 said:   if i am a current user of VM with the grandfather rate 25$, can i upgrade to this phone and still keep my 25$ rate

Yes you can upgrade but no you can't keep that rate. I am on the same boat. I am planning to create another account to try out the phone first and see how much I like it. Then if I like it I might call them to swap my phone numbers and then sell the $25 plan account.

Sales tax kills it for me. I hope Amazon price matches the VM price. I'm also on the 25$ plan, I had ordered the One V but cancelled it for the EVO 4G.

VM actually said that the daily limit for top up is $400

lightyh said:   VM actually said that the daily limit for top up is $400

Are you sure? I thought the $400 is the account limit. You can't have more than $400 cash balance in the account. But then I could be wrong.

Can I use these top up cards to pay my two phones month by month? I don't know how the top up card works. Thanks!

I know. I was thinking the same thing until I called vm today and they said you could top up $400. I haven't tried it though

To clarify, the live advisor told me there was no daily limit besides the account limit of $400.

When I tried to load more than $120, I wouldn't work. Perhaps they've changed things since a month ago.

STL said:   Don't forget to use the fatwallet link (http://www.fatwallet.com/Virgin-Mobile-coupons/) and get $22.50 Cash Back
$12.50 on phones $50-$149.99

Alcibiades said:   STL said:   Don't forget to use the fatwallet link (http://www.fatwallet.com/Virgin-Mobile-coupons/) and get $22.50 Cash Back
$12.50 on phones $50-$149.99

I got an email from FW CashBack. They are crediting me with $22.50 for this phone purchase.

How can I create an acct withVM without a phone? I want to buy the discounted topups but I don't t have an acct to add them to. With that said, I can't purchase the phone because I don't have acct with a balance. Any solutions u fatwalleters might see?

can i buy a phone with someone's acct (my wife) balance and then activate that phone for myself with my name, or will it be tied to her account? It would basically be a gift from her to me.

How long until you would see anything from fatwallet? How does the Cash Back work?

georgeckc said:   Now I can make this deal much hotter. I just tried it and it get through no problem.

1) Get 2 or 3 $60 top up cards from crazygametime.com for $49.99 each with coupon code 1260. (You can only do up to $120 daily top up on VirginMobile website)
2) You can create an account and use the top up card to fill your account.
3) Once you have more than $150 cash balance on the account, you can use the cash balance to purchase the phone. That would be no tax + free shipping.
4) Don't forget the fat cash for $22.50 Cash Back.

Math: 3x$60 ($180) top up card (cost $150) - $22.50 Cash Back = $127.50 with $30 cash balance left in the account ($180 - 150 = $30). If you also subtract that cash balance, that would make the phone cost roughly $97.50.

As I said I have tried it and it works for me. Thanks again for OP posting the deal.

Thank you George and OP!

I just scored one myself with your procedure. I always wanted to upgrade my current LG Optimus V to a bigger screen size phone. This phone is a steal at this price. Thank you.

Ok it says pending, not sure where the $ ends up tho

Has anyone gotten an email confirmation?

Nope. I received the FatWallet CashBack e-mail though.

Both of my phones has been shipped by FedEx. Just log on to your VirginMobile account and click on "view order history" on the right side menu at the bottom. Now Need to look for accssories and all the root and tricks. Anyone with any suggestions?

Oh and both fat Cash Back shows pending for $22.50 each. Heck yeah

I bought two HTC Evo V 4G phones on Nov 23, 2012. Some of you have already seen pending Cash Back in accounts. I still don't see any pending Cash Back transactions in my account yet. Could someone please explain to me "WHY"?

georgeckc said:   Both of my phones has been shipped by FedEx. Just log on to your VirginMobile account and click on "view order history" on the right side menu at the bottom. Now Need to look for accssories and all the root and tricks. Anyone with any suggestions?

I scored Xtreme Guard Screen Protector ($1.50 with coupon Code: 70off1) and a rubberized case ($1.30 shipped from California)..
- Screen protector link: XtremeGuard protector
- Case link: Amazon Case link

For the rooting process: this youtube has all the link info: Rooting procedure

Skipping 19 Messages...
So I have purchased the top up cards, however How do i use them to buy the phone when I am not an existing VM customer and do not have an account????

PLEASE HELP

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014