• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Go through ebates for 50% CashBack on Entertainment Books (usually 17.5%)! This is the biggest CashBack level I've ever seen them give. Coupled with the current 30% off (and free shipping) sale, that makes most of these discount/coupon books a net $12.25. After CashBack, additional books are $10.

Black Friday only!

Entertainment.com
See Entertainment.com promo codes that earn 17.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Entertainment Books BF
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
For Cyber Monday, if you go through Ebates the book is $25, and with the 50% CashBack the net price is $12.50. If you g... (more)

orum (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 8:26a) |

Saw this posted elsewhere: Open your Ebates portal and navigate to the site. You'll see the books at $25 ($20 add'l). Th... (more)

ahself (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 8:55a) |

Typically doing something like that means you lose out on the CashBack, agree with others that Entertainment coupons are... (more)

arribasn (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 12:12p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks - in for 2!

Funny, don't you think FW should be working with Entertaiment on this? Why would their CashBack (Ebates) be 5x more than ours?

Thanks,op.

foolsmate2000 said:   Funny, don't you think FW should be working with Entertaiment on this? Why would their CashBack (Ebates) be 5x more than ours?

Yeah. I always prefer going through FW whenever I can to support them since I get so much value from this community, but this is too big a differene to ignore...lol.

Maybe they can try to work out a better deal with Entertainment, though...(Either way, I very much appreciate their allowing deals from competitor sites to be posted!)

When do the coupons in the book expire?

IamN41 said:   When do the coupons in the book expire?

Most will expire November 1, 2013 (a few national coupons, like for car rentals, usually expire later).

A bit of a "thread crap" here, but just my opinion... I've bought Ent. books for several years, and I think the overall quality has been gradually declining, with a steep droppoff in the 2013 book. It's smaller, previous mainstays like grocery stores, Culver's, etc. in my Chicago-area book are absent. Coupon values are decreasing in some cases, like instead of BOGO, it's $15 off a $60 purchase. Also, there are coupons for stores that have been out of business for years. Okay, these are random anecdotal thoughts, and YMMV depending on book/region. But I feel the overall value has diminished enough that I'm not sure it's worth it at any price. With the increased presence of Groupon and the like, the Ent Book model is just not the value it used to be.

IamN41 said:   When do the coupons in the book expire?
1. When do my book discounts expire?

Most Entertainment Book discounts are valid until November 1st of the year specified on the edition, with a few exceptions such as St. Louis edition that is valid until December 31st. Therefore, you should check the coupon to confirm its expiration date.

yoregano said:   A bit of a "thread crap" here, but just my opinion... I've bought Ent. books for several years, and I think the overall quality has been gradually declining, with a steep droppoff in the 2013 book. It's smaller, previous mainstays like grocery stores, Culver's, etc. in my Chicago-area book are absent. Coupon values are decreasing in some cases, like instead of BOGO, it's $15 off a $60 purchase. Also, there are coupons for stores that have been out of business for years. Okay, these are random anecdotal thoughts, and YMMV depending on book/region. But I feel the overall value has diminished enough that I'm not sure it's worth it at any price. With the increased presence of Groupon and the like, the Ent Book model is just not the value it used to be.

Not going to disagree, but at this reduced price, I still find it very easy to get value back from them (e.g., last year I saved more than enough on one transaction to cover the costs of the book). Of course, anyone interested should preview the book from their area to see if it's worth it to them.

Got 1.

azs1 said:   foolsmate2000 said:   Funny, don't you think FW should be working with Entertaiment on this? Why would their CashBack (Ebates) be 5x more than ours?

Yeah. I always prefer going through FW whenever I can to support them since I get so much value from this community, but this is too big a differene to ignore...lol.

Maybe they can try to work out a better deal with Entertainment, though...(Either way, I very much appreciate their allowing deals from competitor sites to be posted!)

I'm pretty sure Fatwallet and Ebates merged last year.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=55&thre...

wooben said:   I'm pretty sure Fatwallet and Ebates merged last year.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=55&thre...

I had no idea! In that case, I don't feel even remotely guilty about posting an ebates deal here...lol

Thanks OP -- got 2.

Great OP! Got one for me and one for an xmas gift!

theedge103 said:   Great OP! Got one for me and one for an xmas gift!
Same here, and the Ebates rebate had posted to their site in less than 6 hours (Not available for withdrawal yet, of course, but posted to my account). Mr. Rebates is also usually very fast. Nice to know when a rebate is, in fact, on track.

Thanks to all involved.

Bill

yoregano said:   A bit of a "thread crap" here, but just my opinion... I've bought Ent. books for several years, and I think the overall quality has been gradually declining, with a steep droppoff in the 2013 book. It's smaller, previous mainstays like grocery stores, Culver's, etc. in my Chicago-area book are absent. Coupon values are decreasing in some cases, like instead of BOGO, it's $15 off a $60 purchase. Also, there are coupons for stores that have been out of business for years. Okay, these are random anecdotal thoughts, and YMMV depending on book/region. But I feel the overall value has diminished enough that I'm not sure it's worth it at any price. With the increased presence of Groupon and the like, the Ent Book model is just not the value it used to be.

have to agree, and I'm sure that's in part to Groupon and other local deal/internet sites that allow for more exposure/tighter controls than the Ent. Book coupons.

I think the Entertainment Book may go the way of the 8track tape within a few more years, for as many point out, the offerings keep declining, and to pay $30 full price for one of these things is now a rip off IMO. $12.25 is probably all it's worth.

in for 2 thanks.

This deal is alive again for Cyber Monday.

For Cyber Monday, if you go through Ebates the book is $25, and with the 50% CashBack the net price is $12.50. If you go directly to entertainment.com, they will show a sale price of $20, but it does not appear you can get that (and so have your net cost be $10) by going through Ebates.

orum said:   For Cyber Monday, if you go through Ebates the book is $25, and with the 50% CashBack the net price is $12.50. If you go directly to entertainment.com, they will show a sale price of $20, but it does not appear you can get that (and so have your net cost be $10) by going through Ebates.

Saw this posted elsewhere: Open your Ebates portal and navigate to the site. You'll see the books at $25 ($20 add'l). Then, in a separate tab open a new Entertainment page. THEN, go BACK to the Ebates navigated entertainment book site and click around - it will NOW show the books as $20 ($15) add'l. To be safe that you don't checkout with the wrong link (so you can be sure you are getting the 50% Ebates credit) - close out the new Entertainment tab you opened so now you are JUST using the Ebates linked site. It apparently worked for some others.

ahself said:   orum said:   For Cyber Monday, if you go through Ebates the book is $25, and with the 50% CashBack the net price is $12.50. If you go directly to entertainment.com, they will show a sale price of $20, but it does not appear you can get that (and so have your net cost be $10) by going through Ebates.

Saw this posted elsewhere: Open your Ebates portal and navigate to the site. You'll see the books at $25 ($20 add'l). Then, in a separate tab open a new Entertainment page. THEN, go BACK to the Ebates navigated entertainment book site and click around - it will NOW show the books as $20 ($15) add'l. To be safe that you don't checkout with the wrong link (so you can be sure you are getting the 50% Ebates credit) - close out the new Entertainment tab you opened so now you are JUST using the Ebates linked site. It apparently worked for some others.

Typically doing something like that means you lose out on the CashBack, agree with others that Entertainment coupons are pretty weak these days, I live in a very populated area and the offers available are no better than you can get from other coupon sources so why pay for a book...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014