• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Linky

$21 instant coupon
$50 Staples easy rebate

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14-b031us 14" Laptop
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice, stores indicate low stock

Low stock. Contact store for details on availability

Will check early

This one is in the ad, min 4 per store....

yesidonoitall said:   Nice, stores indicate low stock

Will check early

What r u saying? I was able to place my order online!

manimiao said:   yesidonoitall said:   Nice, stores indicate low stock

Will check early

I was referring to the store stock and ad.

manimiao said:   yesidonoitall said:   Nice, stores indicate low stock

Will check early

I just placed one also, got order number, as usual for me they will surely loose all info on the order.
There will be a hit on the card, PP will say they gave the auth for the buy and then nothing.

the ad says "min 4 per store" - i just got one 30 minutes ago. they have more than 4 per store

Though latest processor.. but Pentium 987 is a mobile CPU. I am assuming, it's not at par with to i5/i7 3rd gen

ajainy said:   Though latest processor.. but Pentium 987 is a mobile CPU. I am assuming, it's not at par with to i5/i7 3rd genIt's exactly the same as Celeron 887. It has 2nd-gen Sandy-bridge core.

just got one .. looks good. have to figure out how to upgrade the RAM.. can't figure out how to open back lid

Two turn-offs - Pentium B987 chip (not even a core two duo at least!) and Windows 8 (instead of Windows 7)

yeah, P987 is a no go for me.

Passmark score for P987 is 1199 versus 2nd Gen i3-2350M score of 2631 - too slow for me

Passmark score for P987 is 1199 versus 2nd Gen i3-2350M score of 2631 - too slow for me

yesidonoitall said:   manimiao said:   yesidonoitall said:   Nice, stores indicate low stock

Will check early

I just placed one also, got order number, as usual for me they will surely loose all info on the order.
There will be a hit on the card, PP will say they gave the auth for the buy and then nothing.

As I expected, the online order went nowhere, no cc hit no mention of it in orders no eMail...
Did get some in store well after the noon advertised time.

I wonder why this:
2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0

Why not all 3 USB 3.0?

yesidonoitall said:   I wonder why this:
2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0

Why not all 3 USB 3.0?

Most current I/O chipsets support that 2+1 USB config. Teh USB 2 is probaly and eSATA port as well.

yesidonoitall said:   I wonder why this:
2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0

Why not all 3 USB 3.0?

It could be that to re-install Windows 7 or 8 using a USB drive, requires a USB2.0 port, because the Windows installer (and Windows 7 in general) doesn't support USB3.0 natively, without installing the drivers AFTER installing the OS.

ashish1t said:   Two turn-offs - Pentium B987 chip (not even a core two duo at least!) and Windows 8 (instead of Windows 7)

I would much prefer a Windows 7 Sandy Bridge dual-core laptop, to an outdated Core2Duo (several generations older) laptop, even one with Windows 8 on it.

Folks, just my two cents -- I got this laptop and I think it's actually quite a nice one. It's thin, it's light, and now that I've replaced the 320GB with an SSD, it flies. I know it'll never have enough battery power, and certainly the 4-cell pack will degrade in a year or so where it'll probably hold about two hours of use, but this is actually a laptop I'd gladly take for travel.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014