• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Office Depot 100% back in rewards on batteries 11/25-12/29: Pay $13.49 get back $13.49 in rewards

Offer noted on the rewards site: LINK (thanks SD's rc9238)

VALID in-store, online, phone or fax. Limit 2 of each item per member per day:

Energizer® Max® Alkaline AA or AAA Batteries 16-PK LINK AA LINK AAA
--- Item #210106 (AA) or 210142 (AAA)
--- Get 100% BACK in Rewards on these Energizer batteries.
--- For example: Pay $13.49 get back $13.49 in rewards

TERMS:

100% back on Select Batteries Details: Offer is valid November 25 - December 29, 2012 11:59 PM ET for Worklife Rewards® members in-store, online at www.officedepot.com, by phone or fax. Bonus Rewards are limited 2 of each item per member per day. Allow up to 6 weeks for bonus Rewards to post to your account. Subject to Program Terms & Conditions.

Rewards Program Details: Rewards are granted on qualified purchases and exclusions apply. The price of an item eligible for Rewards is the price paid at checkout after the deduction of coupons, other discounts, the value of free items and any Office Depot Rewards and Merchandise certificates/cards applied to that purchase. Rewards are paid quarterly in the form of an Office Depot Rewards Certificate when you earn a minimum of $10 in Rewards. Unpaid Rewards expire at the end of each quarter. Limit 1 account per household/business. Terms are subject to change. Worklife Rewards® members: visit www.myworkliferewards.com, or call 866-322-3225, or ask a store associate for full details.

Office Depot
See Office Depot promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

batteries (294.19kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Energizer battery rebate: "Purchase $100 in any combination of AA/AAA/C/D/9V batteries and receive a $25 VISA reward card (while supplies last)" LINK
--- Limit one per person or company

bpvh's unofficial Office Depot FARewards FAQ (vers. 2012.10.03):

This is a work in progress.

Q01. Is membership in Office Depot's Worklife Rewards program required to take advantage of these bonus offers?
Q02. What are Office Depot's Worklife Rewards and what can the rewards purchase?
Q03. If a bonus rewards item is paid for with rewards will the bonus rewards still be awarded? Do rewards "roll"?
Q04. Does using coupons impact the rewards payout?
Q05. Any other payment concerns?
Q06. The terms state "Limit 2 of each item per member per day" or similar. What is an "item" for the purposes of this offer?
Q07. The item comes in N different colors and has N different SKUs. Can two of each SKU be purchased per day of the offer and receive rewards?
Q08. A sign in-store has an item not on the official PDF advertised as part of the 100% back in rewards offer. Will the item earn 100% back in rewards?
Q09. The item's online price does not match the item's price in the advertisement. Will the rewards payout be the advertised price or the purchase price?
Q10. According to the offer's official pdf file, the item is listed as only being available online (or alternatively in-store). Will the item earn rewards if purchased in-store (or alternatively online)?
Q11. What "date" does Office Depot's reward site use as the date of record for online transactions?
Q12. When will the rewards be noted on the rewards account?
Q13. How and when will the rewards from this offer be received?
Q14. Do rewards expire?
Q15. Do purchases of 100% back in rewards items count toward the total qualifying annual purchases for Office Depot's ink/toner recycling program?

Q01. Is membership in Office Depot's Worklife Rewards program required to take advantage of these bonus offers?

Yes. Office Depot's rewards program is called Worklife Rewards. To join either fill out an application in-store or online at www.myworkliferewards.com.

Q02. What are Office Depot's Worklife Rewards and what can the rewards purchase?

Office Depot's Worklife Rewards are effectively Office Depot store credit. "Rewards Certificates may be redeemed on purchases of merchandise only, which excludes any type of prepaid gift, merchandise, debit, phone, service or other stored value card or device."*

Rewards certificates are unlimited use until funds exhausted.

No idea if there is a limit on the number of rewards (and gift and merchandise) cards that can be used on a single purchase in-store. Online there is a limit to the number of rewards (and gift and merchandise) cards that can be used on a single purchase. Not sure what it is but it is at least four.

Q03. If a bonus rewards item is paid for with rewards will the bonus rewards still be awarded? Do rewards "roll"?

No. To the extent bonus rewards items (e.g. 100% back in rewards items) are paid for with previously issued rewards, the bonus rewards payout will be reduced dollar for dollar. Do not use rewards to pay for 100% back in rewards items.

"Purchases (or portions of purchases) made with Office Depot Rewards or Merchandise Cards/Certificates do not qualify for Rewards."*

Q04. Does using coupons impact the rewards payout?

Yes. Using coupons to pay for 100% back in rewards items will reduce the rewards payout. This includes the stated value of freebie coupons. While dollar off coupons are useful in reducing the initial outlay, the eventual rewards payout, and the amount of sales tax paid if applicable, freebie coupons will reduce the rewards payout at the inflated value given to the freebie items.

"The price of an item eligible for Rewards is the price paid at checkout after the deduction of coupons, other discounts, the value of free items and the value any Office Depot Rewards and Merchandise Cards/Certificates applied to that purchase."*

Q05. Any other payment concerns?

Cash, credit cards, and gift cards: Earn full rewards.

Rewards certificates and merchandise cards: Earn no rewards to the extent paid for with rewards certificates and/or merchandise cards.

Q06. The terms state "Limit 2 of each item per member per day" or similar. What is an "item" for the purposes of this offer?

To date, an "item" has been a distinct SKU.

Q07. The item comes in N different colors and has N different SKUs. Can two of each SKU be purchased per day of the offer and receive rewards?

To date, yes.

Q08. A sign in-store has an item not on the official PDF advertised as part of the 100% back in rewards offer. Will the item earn 100% back in rewards automatically?

Most likely no. The most reliable information concerning 100% back in rewards offers is the offer's pdf file. It will contain the items included in the offer and the terms and conditions of the offer. The pdf file is located on the Office Depot Worklife Rewards site in the program's FAQ under the question "How can I find out what products qualified for a particular promotion?".

Q09. The item's online price does not match the item's price in the advertisement. Will the rewards payout be the advertised price or the purchase price?

For 100% back in rewards offers the rewards payout has been the purchase price (as adjusted for paying with coupons, previous rewards, etc.) regardless of whether the purchase price is less than or greater than the advertised price.

Q10. According to the offer's official pdf file, the item is listed as only being available online (or alternatively in-store). Will the item earn rewards if purchased in-store (or alternatively online)?

To date, the item will earn rewards even if the purchase location is other than as listed on the offer's official pdf file.

Q11. What "date" does Office Depot's reward site use as the date of record for online transactions?

Office Depot's rewards site uses the purchase/order date as the date of record for online transactions -- as it should. The order is dated according to eastern time though not local time.

Backorders, at least those that ship by the time the rewards are noted on the account, generally are awarded rewards.

Q12. When will the rewards be noted on the rewards account?

Office Depot has recently updated it's rewards site. At least for offers beginning with the 100% back in rewards offer for the week of Sept. 30, rewards from 100% back in rewards offers are posting within days under both "Rewards Status" and "Purchase History". More details to follow. Rewards from older offers appear to be posting according to the old rules:

For items that do not qualify for standard rewards (see 10% standard rewards below), the 100% back in rewards will be noted on the account on the "Rewards Status" page under "Additional Promotions" near the middle of the month in the month following the transaction. For this offer, this means the middle of November. Until this occurs, there will be no indication that the purchase qualifies for the 100% back in rewards offer.

For items that do qualify for standard rewards (e.g. paper, see 10% standard rewards below), the rewards will update in stages: 10% standard rewards and 90% bonus reward. The 10% standard rewards should show be noted on the account within a matter of days from the date of purchase on the transaction number pop-up on the "Purchase History" page. The 90% bonus rewards will be noted on the account near the middle of the month in the month following the transaction on the "Rewards Status" page under "Additional Promotions". For this offer, this means the middle of November.

--- 10% standard rewards items: ink and toner; case, ream and photo paper; copy, print and other products/services in-store at Copy & Print Depot™ (excludes merchandise returns, thermal fax paper, paper rolls used in adding machines and cash registers and postage stamps). *

Q13. How and when will the rewards from this offer be received?

Rewards are paid out on rewards certificates. The rewards certificates can be received either electronically or via US Mail.

For those who have signed up for electronic delivery, your Rewards certificates should be available to download as a pdf file from your myworkliferewards accounts in the latter half of the month after the end of the quarter. For this offer that in the latter half of January 2013.

For those who have not signed up for electronic delivery, your printed Rewards certificates should arrive via US Mail in the latter half of the second month after the end of the quarter. For this offer that is in the latter half of February 2013.

According to the program's Terms and Conditions*, Rewards certificates should be issued:

You earn Rewards..............Online Rewards issued.....Postal Rewards issued
January 1 – March 31..........April 15 – 30...................May 15 – 31
April 1 – June 30.................July 15 – 31....................August 15 – 31
July 1 – September 30........October 15 – 31...............November 15 – 30
October 1 – December 31....January 15 – 31...............February 15 – 28

Q14. Do rewards expire?

Yes. Rewards expire the last day of the month 3 months following the month in which they are issued.

Q15. Do purchases of 100% back in rewards items count toward the total qualifying annual purchases for Office Depot's ink/toner recycling program?

As long as the purchase is otherwise a qualifying purchase, then yes.

"Qualifying purchases exclude taxes; delivery fees; postage stamps; and prepaid gift, debit, phone or services cards; and purchases made with Office Depot Rewards and Merchandise Cards/Certificates."*

-----------------------

* - Office Depot's Worklife Rewards Terms and Conditions

** - Office Depot's Worklife Rewards FAQ

DISCLAIMER:

The UNOFFICIAL Office Depot Rewards FAQ is a compilation of information found not only in the official Terms and Conditions* and FAQ** but also through my own personal experience and the personal experiences of others as posted to SD and FW.

UPDATED. Offer valid in-store, online, phone or fax.

These are showing up as $17.99 online.

bargainbtch said:   These are showing up as $17.99 online.
If it helps even at $17.99 or whatever they are still 100% back in rewards.

So to confirm, if I purchase 2x[each] for a total of $71.96, I get that much back in rewards?

WithinRafael said:   So to confirm, if I purchase 2x[each] for a total of $71.96, I get that much back in rewards?
That is correct.

For 100% back in rewards offers the rewards payout has been the purchase price (as adjusted for paying with coupons, previous rewards, etc.) regardless of whether the purchase price is less than or greater than the advertised price.

How do you liquidate awards at Office Depot? With Staples, there are plenty of FAR opportunities.

69ragtop said:   How do you liquidate awards at Office Depot? With Staples, there are plenty of FAR opportunities.
There are generally free after rebate software titles to convert rewards back to cash. Sometimes more, sometimes less. The current threads:

Office Depot FAR software for the week of 11/18/2012
--- most deals good thru 11/26

Office Depot FAR software for the week of 11/25/2012
--- yet to be updated with rebate info

69ragtop said:   How do you liquidate awards at Office Depot? With Staples, there are plenty of FAR opportunities.

Folgers is a good option right now. You'll get these rewards mid-February, and that rebate is good through 2/28/13. I prefer that to software since it's one big $200 rebate and (for me, in California) there's no sales tax on the coffee.

i just got a catalog from Office Depot with a catalog #489-210-106 (16/pk energizer) for $10... it's a less out of pocket price (and tax) before rewards...anyone tried it (or something with a 9 digit catalog #) before? Just curious

metsfan said:   69ragtop said:   How do you liquidate awards at Office Depot? With Staples, there are plenty of FAR opportunities.

Folgers is a good option right now. You'll get these rewards mid-February, and that rebate is good through 2/28/13. I prefer that to software since it's one big $200 rebate and (for me, in California) there's no sales tax on the coffee.

Don't forget, usually there is a big slew of tax related software FAR at Office Depot Jan-Apr (2011 example - http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1054131/).

ETA: Chase UR cards get 5pts/dollar extra online, for anyone that has them. Should make up for the tax completely if you have a 5% office store card.

^ Discover card...5% online in December plus 5% shop discover. I also get 5% on my first 2000 in office stores on my Discover Biz. card plus shop discover.

Then redeem 20 dollars for a 25 dollar gift card.

pthor1231 said:   
Don't forget, usually there is a big slew of tax related software FAR at Office Depot Jan-Apr (2011 example - http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1054131/).

Staples stopped doing the tax deal a couple years back. It's always possible OD could stop at some point too. I hope not.

JamesTKirk said:   pthor1231 said:   

Staples stopped doing the tax deal a couple years back. It's always possible OD could stop at some point too. I hope not.

Yea, past performance is no guarantee of future, unfortunately. And getting them daily would put me wayyyyy over what I would be comfortable with having for first quarter anyhow (2.5k+).

maddybeagle said:   ^ Discover card...5% online in December plus 5% shop discover. I also get 5% on my first 2000 in office stores on my Discover Biz. card plus shop discover.

Then redeem 20 dollars for a 25 dollar gift card.

True, but Amazon is taking care of my 1.5k spend on discover. Still good for someone without the ink though.

which item numbers are you buying for this 100% rewards promotion?

I see multiple item numbers:

Energizer® Max® Alkaline AA Batteries, Pack Of 16 Item # 198139
Energizer® Max® Alkaline AA Batteries, Pack Of 16 Item # 210106
Energizer® Max® Alkaline AAA Batteries, Pack Of 16 Item # 210142
Energizer® Max® Alkaline AAA Batteries, Pack Of 16 Item # 198148

when you click the promotions link it refers to Item##210-106 but no way to
specify AA or AAA.

anyone have the OD link that details the specific item numbers eligible for promotion?
I think the eligible Item #'s are 210106 & 210142

greatdeals_007 said:   which item numbers are you buying for this 100% rewards promotion?

I see multiple item numbers:

Energizer® Max® Alkaline AA Batteries, Pack Of 16 Item # 198139
Energizer® Max® Alkaline AA Batteries, Pack Of 16 Item # 210106
Energizer® Max® Alkaline AAA Batteries, Pack Of 16 Item # 210142
Energizer® Max® Alkaline AAA Batteries, Pack Of 16 Item # 198148

when you click the promotions link it refers to Item##210-106 but no way to
specify AA or AAA.

anyone have the OD link that details the specific item numbers eligible for promotion?
I think the eligible Item #'s are 210106 & 210142

The eligible packs, as per the rewards site, are those noted in the OP:
--- Item #210106 (AA) or 210142 (AAA)

The link to the offer on the rewards site is in the OP. The link has been there since the 25th. There is also an attached graphic of the rewards site ad.

NM.

wow that is a great deal from Office Depot is like free

Need some clarification on this statement: Bonus Rewards are limited 2 of each item per member per day

I understand that means 2 of each item however does this also mean everyday you could buy another 2? Not that you either need or want that many batteries but it seems that is the way it is worded.

jzellmer said:   Need some clarification on this statement: Bonus Rewards are limited 2 of each item per member per day

I understand that means 2 of each item however does this also mean everyday you could buy another 2? Not that you either need or want that many batteries but it seems that is the way it is worded.

"Bonus Rewards are limited 2 of each item per member per day" means exactly that. You could purchase and earn rewards for 2 packs of the AA's and 2 packs of the AAA's each and every day of the offer.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014