1 Component Input
1 (Shared with Component)
1 USB 2.0 Port
1 Optical Digital Audio Output
1Audio Out Mini Jack
1 RF In
1 RS232 (EX-Link)
Dimensions
Product Dimensions Without Stand: 36.5" (W) x 21.7" (H) x 3.7" (D)
Product Dimensions With Stand: 36.5" (W) x 23.9" (H) x 9.0" (D)
Shipping Dimensions: 43.5" (W) x 25.2" (H) x 6.5" (D)
Weight
Product Weight Without Stand: 19.8 lb.
Product Weight With Stand:24.3 lb.
Shipping Weight: 29.8 lb.
Power
ENERGY STAR Standards
Energy Guide Label
Under 0.3 Standby Power Consumption
35 W Typical Power Consumption
System
ATSC/Clear QAM Tuners

Member Summary

Samsung 40" LED UN40EH500 (52.68kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

UN40EH500 or UN40EH5050 ?
The 5050 has the TS02 panel.

It's the 5050

Is that good or bad?

Well, I think it's good. Reviews are good and it looks like a good price.

Sorry, I meant the referance to the TS02 Panal. I read in some threads on other sites that this model can come with EITHER Panal. Can you tell from the box?

That I don't know. There is a lot of info on some Samsung forums, but I'm not up to speed on all of that.

"look for the four character code labeled "Version" on the white sticker on the back of the TV or on the white sticker on the box (near the barcode)"
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1398113/official-samsung-unxxeh5000-un...

Thanks for posting this deal. I bought one of these last night after reading the AVSforum thread, some Amazon reviews, and anything else I could find on this TV. I got a TS02 version, and the picture is very good so far.

I bought this TV to replace another 40" Samsung LCD from 4 or 5 years ago that I've been using in my office. The "old" one still works fine, but I wanted to find something with better audio so I could save some space by not having to use an external stereo. The audio on the old TV was awful to the point that it was unlistenable. I only needed to watch TV, and wasn't looking for anything great. Merely good would be fine. The reviews I read on the sound quality on the UN40EH5050, despite the fact that it's the same brand as the old one with ridiculously horrible sound, made me confident it would have better sound.

Here's my verdict: While I would just call the UN40EH5050's sound "good," there's a night and day difference compared to the one it replaced. It's perfectly adequate for my needs.

One bonus that I didn't know about before I bought it: It can play AVI, MKV, and MP4 video files (the only formats I've tested) via a flash drive inserted in its side USB slot. Seems to do a good job, too, with playback controls at the bottom of the remote.

Did anybody buy the Costco Square Trade Service Plan along with this deal?
If so, were you charged $29.99 based on the after IR price of the TV or $59.99 based on the before IR price of the TV?
Any opinions on the value of the Square Trade Service Plan for this TV?
TIA

Anyone know if this deal is still alive?

no its not . Its now 659.99 with $130 off making the total $529.99

horizon6 said: Did anybody buy the Costco Square Trade Service Plan along with this deal? If so, were you charged $29.99 based on the after IR price of the TV or $59.99 based on the before IR price of the TV?

I picked this up a couple of days ago, and when I asked about the service plan I was quoted $59.99, so it is based off of the pre-rebate price.

xeotion said:   horizon6 said: Did anybody buy the Costco Square Trade Service Plan along with this deal? If so, were you charged $29.99 based on the after IR price of the TV or $59.99 based on the before IR price of the TV?

I picked this up a couple of days ago, and when I asked about the service plan I was quoted $59.99, so it is based off of the pre-rebate price.

Thank you.

Both $29.99 and $59.99 were quoted by different people in one Warehouse. $29.99 quoted by someone in TV Dept. in another Warehouse. Call to Square Trade this week, using the number on the information booklet, quoted $29.99, saying it is based on the actual selling price. Square Trade said they get many calls from retailers about this. Surprising the confusing at Costco.

Would be interested in hearing what others were quoted and at what price point this would be a good deal as an add-on to the TV.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014