Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Black & Decker NLP1800 Alligator Lopper 18-Volt Cordless Chain Saw
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

There is some kind of promo that takes $10 off at checkout, so this is only $59 now.

I have the corded version. this thing is terrible. the shields (jaws) on either side of the chainsaw are ostensibly there to protect you and give you a sense of security. in reality, all it does is help the thing get gummed up by the littliest piece of wood. the chain jumps the tracks nonstop. Just a heads up.

DO NOT buy the cordless version of this. The batteries are execrable--they don't last. I speak from experience, Read the Amazon reviews for confirmation.
Reviews here

I have one and love it. Between a B&D pole chain saw and this one, I rarely take out my gas chain saw. Yep, it goes through batteries (~10 minutes/charge), the oiler is a joke so you have to keep up on adding chain oil so weigh those hassle factors against mixing gas /oil and worrying whether it will start next time you want to use it. BTW, the shields on either side are more useful for protecting the blade from picking up sand (which ruins the blade/guide) when you are cutting limbs on the ground.

I have this and also love it. For what it is, what it costs, and the relative safety versus a normal chainsaw, I think it's a great deal. You won't cut multiple trees down. Or very large trees. But if you have a full charge and you keep the chain well oiled, it will cut through fallen branches and smaller trees no problem. While it does gum up on occasion, it has not been a huge hinderance to me personally. I'll second that I wish the battery lasted longer, but if you have other B&D tools of the same voltage, the batteries should be interchangeable.

In for one ! It was $59 for me at checkout

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014