Dell Latitude ST Tablet $199

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Dell Consumer
See Dell Consumer coupons that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Dell Latitude ST Tablet (3.73kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I see that my order has finally shipped.

Daddio1949 (Dec. 13, 2012 @ 2:13p) |

Mine says SHIPPED finally! Got a tracking number and everything... Fingers crossed!

SWAGSTFF2 (Dec. 18, 2012 @ 1:49a) |

Got it - all is well! Thanks for such a great deal FAT WALLET!

SWAGSTFF2 (Dec. 21, 2012 @ 4:52a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This would make a nice little Windows 8 tablet. It'll be a bit sluggish but likely more usable than the more expensive Windows RT tablets since you can run older apps.

Also included in this system

The following options are default selections included with your order

Latitude ST
Intel® Atom® Processor Z670 (1.50GHz, 512KB)
2.0GB, DDR2-800MHz SDRAM, Integrated
4-cell (30WH) Primary Lithium Ion Battery
Dell Wireless™ 1535C 802.11a/b/g/n And BlueTooth 4.0
Dual Webcams with Digital Microphone - 1.3MP Front / 5.0MP Rear
30W A/C Adapter (3-pin)
10.1" WXGA (1280x800) Wide Viewing Angle LED with Corning® Gorilla® Glass, Pen & Touch Input
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 600
No Onsite System Setup

Pulled the trigger! In for 1. Wish I could have found free shipping code.

I would want one for playing around with Win 8, but the performance is so poor according to various reviews out there. Even Youtube 720p don't play well. Great deal though for someone who absolutely needs a Windows tablet.

I bought one off Dell Outlet a little over a month ago. I had the extra 25% (or 30%) off Latitude code and free shipping. With the largest SSD option of 128 GB and Win7 Pro, brought it down to mid $300, plus IL tax, which is still cheaper than this price point. I can't watch anything. YouTube or ESPN.com or online vids in full screen mode. The audio plays fine, but not the video, even at lowest quality. It was jittery at best when in their small little box on the screen. Bottom line: I returned it promptly even when I got a cheaper price point than OP's. Not that I'm trying to ding OP's good deal post, but this is more reflective of how poorly Dell made the Latitude ST. And the lag time to bring up the virtual keyboard? Aargh!

One reviewer at the Dell site said it would be worth purchasing at $100. Sooo, I think I'll wait.

The Latitude™ ST features Windows®-enabled power in the body of a touch screen slate, combining the mobility of a tablet with the manageability, security and compatibility you expect from Dell Latitude.
Familiar features: Hit the ground running with an OS interface you already know. Produce and edit business documents on the go with the Latitude ST, powered by Intel® Atom™ processors and running Windows 7.
Enterprise ready: Enterprise-class security features and network compatibility let you manage the Latitude ST just as you would any other PC.
Convenient size: Starting at less than 2 pounds (816g)2, this multi-touch tablet can follow you anywhere, and with a screen size of 10.1" (257mm), it’s big enough for work applications

questions? Call Dell
1-877-220-3355

ffrob said:   Pulled the trigger! In for 1. Wish I could have found free shipping code.

If you configure the tablet through Dell K-12 program you get FS and much cheaper upgrades. Not sure if this will work for non-K12 customers trying to get the ST through the K-12.

http://www.dell.com/us/k-12/p/bf-cm-deals

hmm pretty cheap, but the review on youtube seems like it lags a lot, needs a dual core.

RiceBOX said:   hmm pretty cheap, but the review on youtube seems like it lags a lot, needs a dual core.

Just seems to be unoptimized with lack of hardware video processing. Really, this seems to be a specialized business machine, where custom applications pre-built under windows would be required vs android or ipad, and those applications would have no video crunching need. If you have no such need, then skip it and buy one of the many alternatives out there. If it were several years back on the clock, I'd say this would be great for hacking, but with so many other tablets out there these days, I'd skip this one.

shunja said:   ffrob said:   Pulled the trigger! In for 1. Wish I could have found free shipping code.

If you configure the tablet through Dell K-12 program you get FS and much cheaper upgrades. Not sure if this will work for non-K12 customers trying to get the ST through the K-12.

Any idea where/how I can check the status on an order placed through this link? I received an order acknowledgement, but no order confirmation.

Thanks!

F123456 said:   shunja said:   ffrob said:   Pulled the trigger! In for 1. Wish I could have found free shipping code.

Any idea where/how I can check the status on an order placed through this link? I received an order acknowledgement, but no order confirmation.

Thanks!

I have the same issue. I called today and they told me they still need to process the order. I hope it comes through!

Interesting--and thanks for the update. That segment of the website is now selling the tablets for $299...

Anyone get this?

I only got as far as an acknowledgement email -- no confirmation, no cancellation.

Mine just arrived yesterday. Currently installing Win8 on it. So far, so good.

My order is still production, shipping is the next step. Maybe I'll get it and maybe not.

Where are you able to check the status? I only received an order acknowledgement (no confirmation), so I'm not sure where to try tracking...

From THIS deal offer?

My order from this deal is also under production and scheduled to arrive around the 18th. I am pretty sure it will ship.

My order is delayed...

Mine too

Any updates - from anyone?

Received mine on the 7th Dec. Not much interaction with it yet, but it took 49 windows 7 updates to get up to date and seems to work fine.

@ffrob that's cool - when did you order?

Mine is shipped on 12/12/12, which was ordered on 11/24/12.
Any tips to install windows 8 and drivers?

You might want to use it with 7 for a bit and see how it handles everyday tasks - not sure how well the specs can run 8 but maybe someone else can comment?

I see that my order has finally shipped.

Mine says SHIPPED finally! Got a tracking number and everything... Fingers crossed!

Got it - all is well! Thanks for such a great deal FAT WALLET!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014