• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just traded my old 60gb fat ps3 for $170 and bought the $200 new 250gb ps3 with the bonus games.

great deal IMHO for a $45 upgrade!!!

needs to be in working condition. yes, they test it.

edit - they needed ps3, controller, power cable, a/v cable, usb cable.

GameStop
See GameStop coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

ps3 60gb
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hmm, I wonder what I would get for my 40 gb fat.

That PS3 60GB was worth a lot more than $170, which is why the TIV was that high. The 60GB was the last PS3 with hardware PS2 and PS1 support and game upscaling. I've seen 60GB's sell for as much as $600.

Lacutis said:   That PS3 60GB was worth a lot more than $170, which is why the TIV was that high. The 60GB was the last PS3 with hardware PS2 and PS1 support and game upscaling. I've seen 60GB's sell for as much as $600.

Hmmmm - eBay used is about $210. Where is it going for 600?

craigslist

Wonder what my 20GB would be worth? Hmmmmm.

Lacutis said:   That PS3 60GB was worth a lot more than $170, which is why the TIV was that high. The 60GB was the last PS3 with hardware PS2 and PS1 support and game upscaling. I've seen 60GB's sell for as much as $600.

All PS3s can play PS1 games. GameStop had a special on black Friday doubling trade in values for systems. So ordinarily, this console would really only be worth $85. Getting $170 in my opinion is a great deal even with PS2 compatibility. Most of the good games have been re-released for cheap as HD remasters or downloads so built in backwards compatibility is less of a selling point.

Thanks for the heads up OP! My local GameStop still had the $199.97 bundles in so I traded in my 40 gig and an old xbox 360.

Got $160 for the 40 gig ps3.
Got $100 for the 360.

Ended up getting the console plus some psn cards and ms points for free! Thanks so much!

Wow, I do not understand how they can offer $170 or $160 for an old ps3 when a brand new bundled ps3 w/ a game or 2, larger capacity and warranty, is $199.

I wonder if they take ps2 consoles.

marayatano said:   Wow, I do not understand how they can offer $170 or $160 for an old ps3 when a brand new bundled ps3 w/ a game or 2, larger capacity and warranty, is $199.

I wonder if they take ps2 consoles.

For Black Friday weekend they are giving double trade in value for all consoles. So our consoles would have traded for $50, $80, and $85 before this weekend.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014