• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This morning I noticed Costco has Seagate 4TB Backup Plus USB 3.0 External Drive Model STCA4000600 with 2yr warranty for regular price of $179.
Looks like the 4TB price is coming down. This is at $0.045/GB compared to the 3TB model for $99, which is $0.033/GB.

Member Summary

Seagate 4TB Backup Plus (3.52kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

I'd rather spend $20 more to have two of the 3TB.

Still giving a green for those that need that kind of room in one unit.

The 3TB drives appear to be $139 at CostCo, not $99 right now and is about the same at Amazon. Are they $99 again at your CostCo? I use three of these these drives to backup a Windows 2012 Essentials Server and they work very well for that purpose. So I'm always on the lookout for more.

BTW, for those without CostCo memberships, the 4TB Seagate is $199 at Amazon. I hope this is a permanent price drop..

So W7 can see 4T okay?

Win7 can see 4TB (and 3TB) over USB 3.0, and presumably USB 2.0 (although I haven't tried that). An internal drive should also work if properly formatted, but it has to be a data drive -- you won't be able to boot from it unless the machine is very new and uses a UEFI BIOS.

Have they fixed the problems with clicking/drive failure yet? My 3TB Seagate died a while ago.

thanks OP green

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned: This drive is temporarily $159 at CostCo in store or online (+$10 shipping) through 2/24/2013.

CostCo online link

Membership required, of course.

Anybody know if ubuntu 12.04 can see all 4 gb over usb2?

Just bought this Sat for $159. Great price -- works fine on Win 7/8; haven't tried connecting it to my Ubuntu 12 media server yet.

Seagate Backup Plus 4 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive STC... has decreased from $179.99 to $161.49 at Amazn

My wife got me one of these for Valentine's Day. I love Costco (and my wife).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014