Best Buy - "Unadvertised Specials"

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Got this email from Best Buy, I thought I would share their specials with the gang:

Link:
http://view.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/?j=fec9177277660074&m=fef31d7...

- $129.99
Insignia™ 24" Class LCD 720p 60Hz HDTV
Features a 2000:1 contrast ratio and 720p resolution for immersive picture quality.
Two HDMI inputs offer quick and easy connections for media devices. Two 3-watt speakers.

- $379.99
Westinghouse 46" Class1 LED 1080p 120Hz HDTV
Features 1080p resolution and a 100,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for intense clarity and vivid detail.
Two HDMI inputs offer flexible connection options. Two 10-watt speakers deliver a lush soundscape

- $369.99
Samsung 15.6"1 Laptop with 4GB Memory and 500GB Hard Drive
Featires AMD dual-core A6 Accelerated processor and built-in webcam, microphone and wireless LAN.

- $150.00
Nikon Coolpix AW100 16.0MP Digital Camera
Capture stunning photos and HD movies with this waterproof, shockproof camera.
Features a 3" LCD screen for easy viewing and dual image stabilizing for clear, sharp images. In black, blue or orange.

Member Summary

Best Buy - "Unadvertised Specials"
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
AW100 for $250 is the average price. No special.

lazyworm (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 7:39p) |

AW100 is selling for 246 at B&H. Not a good deal at bestbuy.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlis... (more)

lazyworm (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 7:41p) |

I got the original email -- the deal was for "today" only, I think it was two days ago...$150 was great price for AW100 ... (more)

kittyl (Nov. 26, 2012 @ 8:52p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The 46 Westinghouse is a fair deal at $380.

As comparison Kmart had the 46 RCA with 60Hz refresh rate for $300.
Which I think was a much better deal.

But the problem is that the sub $200 specials for 40 inchers from Amazon and such is a much better than the best buy and Kmart deal together.

I wouldn't buy that Westinghouse for $280. I cannot emphasize to anyone just how poor of quality Westinghouse tv's are. The only possible reason to buy one is maybe for a guest room where it will get little to no useage. Don't be surprised if it'a already messed up right out of the box. Dead pixels, ghosting images, sections of the screen that are different colors, no power, etc...

I suppose if you manage to get one that works (unlikely) and it stays working (even more unlikely), then it is a good deal. Maybe get the protection plan? Personally though, I would not risk it.

Just my 0.02

Have to agree about the Westinghouse. Worst tv ever.

yep never owned a worse tv in my life.

Bought one and after 1 month (When the warranty was over) the screen went out. Learned my lesson

Westinghouse used to have a great name but now that some Chinese corp owns them quality went to Shite

A fourth on the Westinghouse problems.

Fifth on Westinghouse.. I had one of their 19" LCD monitors die on me while deployed in Iraq.. Took a few weeks to get another, never ever will buy a Westinghouse again.

Hmm. I guess I'm the lucky one, or just that Westinghouse used to be better quality in the past, before the "race to the bottom".

I own a 19" W LCD monitor/analog TV, used to own a 22" W LCD (sold to friend), and still own a 32" W 720P TV.

Never had an issue with any of them. Then again, that LCD TV was purchased years ago for around $500. Quality was probably easier to come by, with the higher prices of the past.

These days, things are so cost-reduced, quality suffers.

I hope that the Insignia 39" LCD I am getting from BestBuy for $249.99 + tax is alright, or at least as good as my W 32" LCD TV.

I have a 27" 720p Westinghouse I bought over 5 years ago. It is still working great with excellent picture quality. The layout of the remote is horrible. Just my 2 cents.

Agreed on the Westinghouse. What a shame for them to sell out what was once a great American name, now permanently gone to the toilet.

amitnrathi said:   is this worth it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Inspiron+15.6%22+Laptop+-+2GB...
Not bad for $250. It has bluetooth, card reader & web cam. But it also has 3mb of memory on the chip vs 1mb for the $188 Lenovo.

jamesmotron said:   I wouldn't buy that Westinghouse for $280. I cannot emphasize to anyone just how poor of quality Westinghouse tv's are. The only possible reason to buy one is maybe for a guest room where it will get little to no useage. Don't be surprised if it'a already messed up right out of the box. Dead pixels, ghosting images, sections of the screen that are different colors, no power, etc...

I suppose if you manage to get one that works (unlikely) and it stays working (even more unlikely), then it is a good deal. Maybe get the protection plan? Personally though, I would not risk it.

Just my 0.02

I had a 47 inch westy LCD for 3+ years and sold it to get a 59 samsung 3d plasma. I preferred my westy.

jimates said:   amitnrathi said:   is this worth it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Inspiron+15.6%22+Laptop+-+2GB...
Not bad for $250. It has bluetooth, card reader & web cam. But it also has 3mb of memory on the chip vs 1mb for the $188 Lenovo.

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen the Lenovo and think it's a great deal. Specs off the Lenovo site for the g585 also show card reader, web cam, even dvd drive. For $15 I can find a bluetooth dongle.
Any other smokin deals this cheap? (memory and hd size not super important for my use)

edit: ok I'm a dolt. Didn't realize it was in store only and couldn't order online

Just bought a Westinghouse LCD 1080P 50" from Target for $349+ tax and I think this has a great picture and adequate connections, just no optical audio out.Has coax out though, which is sufficient. Remote is very simple.

[ have learned two things by reading this thread first dont buy a Westinghouse YV and second Best Buy couldn't sell all their BF stock so they JACKED up the price and made another "sale" out of it. hmmmmmmmm. i never stop learning on FW thanks everyone!!

I must be a lucky one. I bought my son a 32" Westinghouse open box for $150 at a no-name little shop near my house about 9 months ago. The picture is really good considering the price. He plays an awful lot of Xbox on it.

I have a 42" Westinghouse TV....huge POS. Picture is good on it, but it freezes up all the time to the point i need to factory reset it, the channels get messed up and scrambled, making me have to channel scan again which takes about an hour. I am replacing it soon.

can't believe i missed this... been looking for the AW100

Westing House 32' 3+ yrs ago. Moved to the bedroom and is still great picture and sound. was 500+ back then so probably as mentioned.

What are the thoughts on 179.99$ Dynex 32" on Bestbuy

everybody probably knows this but.... if you buy $250 or more and select pick up in the store, you'll get a $25 gift card code via e-mail within about 7 days after you pick up the items in store. So I bought the $249 laptop and a box of 5000 Staples for $1.04. That was to bring the price over the $250 mark. Plus, I'm almost out of Staples so it worked out pretty well. Staples SKU: 2909062 FYI.

The problem is not if the posters in this thread or any thread in internet or reviews anywhere online about westinghouse the number you have to compare is how many more bad than good reviews and complaints are out there about westinghouse tv's,figure that out and make your decision according to it and of course there is more bad than good reviews in westy's, compared to samsung which are more good than bad reviews,personally ,now days i wont buy nothing else but samsungs or lg's.

ttprodr said:   The problem is not if the posters in this thread or any thread in internet or reviews anywhere online about westinghouse the number you have to compare is how many more bad than good reviews and complaints are out there about westinghouse tv's,figure that out and make your decision according to it and of course there is more bad than good reviews in westy's, compared to samsung which are more good than bad reviews,personally ,now days i wont buy nothing else but samsungs or lg's.

Is english your first language?

drmorb said:   ttprodr said:   The problem is not if the posters in this thread or any thread in internet or reviews anywhere online about westinghouse the number you have to compare is how many more bad than good reviews and complaints are out there about westinghouse tv's,figure that out and make your decision according to it and of course there is more bad than good reviews in westy's, compared to doessamsung which are more good thando bad reviews,personally ,now days i wont buy nothing else but samsungs or lg's.

Is english your first language?
does it really bother you?

It seems the AW100 is $250 now.

I own this camera and love it. I've owned it for nearly a year and can vouch for its waterproofness in saltwater. I took it snorkeling numerous times on a Maui vacation and dove to depths of 30-35 feet. No leaks!

I also have a 32 in westinghouse I bought in 2006 and still going strong great picture etc.

Power conditioning is more important for the cheaper sets since that's a place they skimp. It's not likely people are going to buy a $200 power conditioner for a $300 TV, so that's typically what you see happening. Some people think it's a great set, lasted years, others it dies on quickly.

i sure find it amusing that the persons who praise the TV as it works for the (and might i add, are actually adding something valuable to the thread) are getting RED - westinghouse haters! i suppose you all are waiting for APPLE to make the best TV ever - SNOBS!
I bought CURTIS TVs from wally world last year - because they were cheap, and while they aren't the best quality - it allowed me to put 46" TVs in EVERY ROOM IN THE HOUSE I don't need cinema quality picture to watch david letterman on a satellite receiver that doesn't even have HD service on it so mine work fine for me - for those of you that are worried - but it with an AMEX that doubles your warranty AND get a squaretrade warranty - or whomever has a similar warranty - thats what I did - but am happy to report not one problem so far on my CURTIS TVs - not even a dead pixel

no, it has 2 MB RAM

Well I have an old 42" Westinghouse TV, the one that was the darling of the internet many years ago when 1080p hit the scene. The first one did die (the power supply conked out one month before the warranty expired - whew). It was replaced and works great. Maybe my replacement was a good unit because it works perfectly fine.

I wouldn't buy one today, however, because Samsung/Panasonic/even Vizio have much more experience in HDTVs.

ttprodr said:   The problem is not if the posters in this thread or any thread in internet or reviews anywhere online about westinghouse the number you have to compare is how many more bad than good reviews and complaints are out there about westinghouse tv's,figure that out and make your decision according to it and of course there is more bad than good reviews in westy's, compared to samsung which are more good than bad reviews,personally ,now days i wont buy nothing else but samsungs or lg's.

Several years ago, I bought a Westy 32" refurb for the bedroom, based solely on price. Due to concerns with buying a refurb, I added a SquareTrade extended warranty. Sure enough, there were issues just before the warranty expired, ST refunded my entire purchase price, which was used to buy a new 37" Panasonic.

Based on my prior experience, if the price is low enough, a valid 35% off Square Trade code is available, I would not hesitate to take a chance on a new/refurb TV from someone like Westy.

dandrum5 said:   Have to agree about the Westinghouse. Worst tv ever.

Guess you never bought a Coby, Haier, Trutech or Prism.

charleydontsurf said:   greatest tv EVER !!!bought one 3 weeks ago and have never had a problem

Three whole weeks of experience, eh? How meaningful.

Had a 32" Westinghouse and it was the biggest POS I've ever owned.

Another Westinghouse TV hater here. Had one a few years back. Like many above
we had to reset it constantly. sound went in and out while we were watching it also.
Finally it seized up and no amount of resetting or beatings would bring it back.

Supposed culprit via online was the "Power Supply Board". Seemingly it was a
known problem but while Westinghouse acknowledged the fault, they wanted nothing
to do with it. And offered no replacement parts at all. Board were available
online from third party chop shops all stated as as "Rebuilt" or 'Refurbed" or
"PreOwned". (NO Returns) Prices for the board started at $209 and went up from there.

Sent the Westinghouse to recycling and bought a Toshiba, which has been problem free.

Remember, with Westinghouse TV's you truly do get what you pay for...

lemonhead said:   i sure find it amusing that the persons who praise the TV as it works for the (and might i add, are actually adding something valuable to the thread) are getting RED - westinghouse haters! i suppose you all are waiting for APPLE to make the best TV ever - SNOBS!
I bought CURTIS TVs from wally world last year - because they were cheap, and while they aren't the best quality - it allowed me to put 46" TVs in EVERY ROOM IN THE HOUSE I don't need cinema quality picture to watch david letterman on a satellite receiver that doesn't even have HD service on it so mine work fine for me - for those of you that are worried - but it with an AMEX that doubles your warranty AND get a squaretrade warranty - or whomever has a similar warranty - thats what I did - but am happy to report not one problem so far on my CURTIS TVs - not even a dead pixel

It has nothing to do with picture quality. Westinghouse actually has surprisingly good picture quality for their price, when they work. That's just the problem though, finding one that works. They have such a high failure rate, you'd almost wonder if they even have a quality control department. Sure, it's possible to get one that works and stays that way. It's just that most of us would rather spend a few extra bucks to get something way more likely to STAY working and last a few years.

FWers like cheap prices, but not cheap quality.

jamesmotron said:   FWers like cheap prices, but not cheap quality.

You would think so, but there are some exceptions. http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1236745/

I've had a westinghouse 32" for over 9 years and have had no problems with it. I bought a 60" westinghouse 2 years ago and it still works perfect. They make a quality tv. They just don't have as many options as the big name brands.

Skipping 22 Messages...
I got the original email -- the deal was for "today" only, I think it was two days ago...$150 was great price for AW100 ..too bad I missed it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014