$699.99 + 13 Approx Ship + Tax If Applicable
Linky

Member Summary

Apple MacBook Air
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i know the ram isn't upgradable, but does anyone know if the hd is?

derekmiyamoto said:   i know the ram isn't upgradable, but does anyone know if the hd is?

Yes, but I think OWC is the only vendor that is selling them. Here's their SSDs. They probably cost about twice as much as you might be able to find a similar size SATA SSD for here (ie $180 for 120GB or $320 for 240GB). But they're most likely good quality, and also more expensive to manufacture to a custom spec. Hopefully they'll get more competition.

I'd be extremely hesitant about the 2GB of memory though. It might be okay for a machine for basic web and office tasks, but future versions of OS X and other software will probably be more demanding.

FYI, this is a 2011 model, not 2012.

Do yourself a favor and do not spend $700 on old technology.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014