• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just purchased this Sony SVE14A290X as configure below for $820 + tax

If link doesn't direct you correctly, go store.Sony.com and search for SVE14A290X. Use the Sony Vaio E series 14P with base price $719.99.

Link to customize laptop

Base price is $719, upgrade from 3210m to 3632QM for $50, and $50 upgrade from HD 4000 integrated gfx to AMD 7670m 2GB. Overall a pretty good machine with i7. Good price?

3rd gen Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM quad-core processor (2.20GHz / 3.20GHz with Turbo Boost)
14" LED backlit display (1600 x 900)
AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M (2GB) hybrid graphics
8GB (8GB x1) DDR3-1600MHz
750GB (7200rpm) hard drive
CD/DVD player / burner
Black with Burgundy Red
Standard lithium-ion battery (5300mAh)
No touch screen
Windows 8 64-bit
Microsoft® Office 2010 trial version
No Fresh Start
Imagination Studio™ VAIO® Edition software

Sony
See Sony promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Sony Vaio 14P (21.24kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

bought the i7 version at Best Buy. ALOT of machine for this price. DVD writer was flaky, tried 3 times to burn recovery media with 3 different brands of good media, failed in different places. Also noticed the display at BB, which had to be newish, was always being re-imaged. Had problems with wifi waking up out of hibernation (not just searching, card dead until cold restart), display was doing this too. Finally the fan... it's an i7 so you expect a fan. but it was audible almost all the time. The trackpad clicks were so loud as well. it was embarrassing. the lower case started creaking as I typed. Returned it. It was a value for the CPU.. but shared build quality of a sub-$500 machine.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014