• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

UFO Enemy Unknown
Disclaimer
Search didn't turn anything up and I know many of you would enjoy this.

DosBox Turbo

Member Summary

dosbox
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Cyber Weekend Sale ends Monday. 70% off, normally $3.49

• If you've never used a DOS emulator before, you should read the developer's FAQ.

• Of all the DOS emulators I've tried on Android, DosBox Turbo is the fastest benchmarked DOS emulator.

• Youtube Video comparing all the Android DOS emulators. The newer versions of DosBox Turbo are quite a bit faster than shown in the video.

• Amazingly, its even possible to run heavy MS Windows based games in this emulator such as Half-Life. Be forewarned that you will need a fast device to play Window's based games, and FAQ states running Windows on this emulator is experimental and the author cannot provide e-mail support for such configurations.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Awesome! I've been waiting for this one to go on sale.

This is the only Android DOS emulator that I've been able to get Wing Commander IV to play well in, and I've tried them all! Great find!

There are a lot of young people right now going: "Two Box Turbo"?

How can I get the old DOS games on my phone? are they like MAME ROM's or something?

Shagger said:   How can I get the old DOS games on my phone? are they like MAME ROM's or something?

Yes, very similar to MAME ROM's. You need to download the DOS games to your PC, unzip them to a directory, and then transfer to your phone's SD card. There are numerous sites where you can download legal DOS games including GOG, freedosgames and more. Most DOS games are just a google search away.

Some of my favorite's that you might want to try include: Warcraft II, DOOM, Duke Nukem 3D, UFO Enemy Unknown and all the old Sierra & LucasArts Adventure games.

Bought this last week at $3.49! oh well, even at that price, its a great emulator and blows away the other DOS emulators I've tried for Android in terms of speed and features. I'm currently playing Warcraft II on the bus ride to work everyday! Who wudda thought! =)

But can it run Lotus 1-2-3?

Down for mine - now to get Dune II working, oh those hated Ordos...

JosiOK said:   But can it run Lotus 1-2-3?Now that was a killer app. Started using that in 1985.

JosiOK said:   But can it run Lotus 1-2-3?
Never tried.. but I wouldn't be surprised if it could. I've run Turbo C++ IDE and compiler without problems. Coding in C++ on a cell-phone has a high geek factor. =)

Too late, back up to $3.99. Dammit.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014