• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

southwest
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.


Non stop flights only, limited destinations. For example, LAS-SFO is not available at a discounted rate that day despite several non stop flights.

only 12/24 ? come on Southwest. I guess good for folks to visit families if you haven't already made your plans.

tajar96 said:   only 12/24 ? come on Southwest. I guess good for folks to visit families if you haven't already made your plans.got the email early this morning and was going to post until i saw only day for this is 12/24. i see a really suckee deal here, not worth posting.

tajar96 said:   only 12/24 ? come on Southwest. I guess good for folks to visit families if you haven't already made your plans.

Not really - return flight will be a KILLER; how can SWA continue to call themselves a low fare carrier.

tajar96 said:   ...how can SWA continue to call themselves a low fare carrier.
Unfortunately, Southwest hasn't been a low-cost carrier for the last several years. Their fuel-hedging strategy ran out, their labor costs are more than the legacy carriers.

Underneath the ad for cyber Monday $100 ow fare, SW lists the cities it's good between. I think they only sold a limited number of seats for that. Too bad, I could have used it.

austex said:   tajar96 said:   ...how can SWA continue to call themselves a low fare carrier.
Unfortunately, Southwest hasn't been a low-cost carrier for the last several years. Their fuel-hedging strategy ran out, their labor costs are more than the legacy carriers.


Obviously you haven't priced flights to Florida lately...and checked bags. I haven't been able to find a cheaper carrier in and out of Florida when you count baggage fees from other carriers. Fly with a family of 4 and see if you can find a cheaper way to fly nonstop in and out. not going to happen when you have baggage to carry with you for a vacation.

Keep in mind for SW, if you already have tickets you can change your already booked flight to the lower current fares and get a credit.

taz112576 said:   austex said:   tajar96 said:   ...how can SWA continue to call themselves a low fare carrier.
Unfortunately, Southwest hasn't been a low-cost carrier for the last several years. Their fuel-hedging strategy ran out, their labor costs are more than the legacy carriers.


Obviously you haven't priced flights to Florida lately...and checked bags. I haven't been able to find a cheaper carrier in and out of Florida when you count baggage fees from other carriers. Fly with a family of 4 and see if you can find a cheaper way to fly nonstop in and out. not going to happen when you have baggage to carry with you for a vacation.

taz112576, you are right that travelers who check bags and do not have status on a legacy carrier can often save by flying Southwest.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014