• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.baconfreak.com/bacon-of-the-month-clubs.html Use Cyberhog at Check out

I love this Bacon but Just FYI these Bacon is not water curried it is Smoked and dry curried so it has a Strong wood smell that last all day in your house after cooking it. Also a pound of this Bacon can last you a month. Since it does not shrink hardly at all after cooking and each slice is big you only 1-2 slices PP.

Member Summary

bacon freak (19.90kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Two packages of bacon each month. I can't find anywhere how much each package weighs. Say it's two pounds each month, my 3-month sampler comes out to almost $15/lb. Is that a good price for gourmet bacon?

Even Whole Foods has it for less than that.

karrun said:   Two packages of bacon each month. I can't find anywhere how much each package weighs. Say it's two pounds each month, my 3-month sampler comes out to almost $15/lb. Is that a good price for gourmet bacon?

A great price is about $10 a pound which is maybe posted once a year when they have there 10 packages at $100 plus shippiung. Good price is 2/$12 up to 2/$16

If you never had this type of bakon then you should try it. I never had anything like this and now this is the only bakon I buy.

qube said:   Even Whole Foods has it for less than that.

Sorry to tell you but they do not carry anything like this. Like I said what you get in Supermarkets is water cured. If you know what that is that they inject the Bacon slab with water. When you cook it it takes the water out and that shrinks the Bacon. Any flavoring that is added is artificial but the Bacon you get from here is 100% bacon and it has been smoked for real. There is no comparison. It is like buying syrup from a store and saying there is no difference in Maple and Store brand syrup.

I love bacon!

Coupon for 10% off ANYTHING (not sure if it's stackable) = RealJerky

I'm guessing you don't have a Whole Foods near you. Their meat department is top notch.

The fact that you call it BAKON is scary.

Op is right about Whole Foods' bacon. It's just thicker slices of the same stuff you can buy at Wal-Mart. Go buy Wright Brand bacon... it can be had at Wal-Mart and is every bit as tasty and good as the Whole Foods bacon. Both are injected with Water and shrink tremendously.

SoulXtort said:   Op is right about Whole Foods' bacon. It's just thicker slices of the same stuff you can buy at Wal-Mart. Go buy Wright Brand bacon... it can be had at Wal-Mart and is every bit as tasty and good as the Whole Foods bacon. Both are injected with Water and shrink tremendously.

Thank you for confirming what I have been saying.

No shrinkage Bakoon...sign me up!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014